[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /lacksselfconfidence/? >6'4 >not terribly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 222-angel.png (300KB, 800x749px) Image search: [Google]
222-angel.png
300KB, 800x749px
Who here /lacksselfconfidence/?

>6'4
>not terribly ugly
>buff
>not bald
>well off / >own house and car
>can't talk to women, can't take hints, complete social autist

Lifting just made me look better, but it doesn't fix my confidence.
>>
Read the sticky.
>>
>>42623931
Self confidence to a large part comes from positive social feedback.
If you never got any, good luck fixing that later in life.
>>
>>42624210

Not OP but as a child I was abused by all the other kids for my whole time at school.

Even even after becoming a popular guy afterwards and from the outside developing normal social skills, I still have zero self confidence.

Is it ever possible to un-just yourself?
>>
>>42624309
Yes.

Read the sticky.
>>
>>42624309
Doubt it honestly. Early childhood is the formative phase, your experiences from that time will stick with you.
Even if you succeed you'll probably never manage to reach the same level of self confidence as someone who got positive social feedback in their youth.
>>
>>42624325
I agree, early childhood forms you
I was the tallest kid always and it made me a bully.. then with 14 to 18 onwards I trolled and raged people online especially video games
And now I'm a mid 20 cynical guy who can't keep relationships and shitposts on 4chan
>>
File: IMG_7592.jpg (34KB, 548x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7592.jpg
34KB, 548x354px
Jesus. Harden the fuck up. Do something manly; got catch a fish or shoot a deer or go skydiving or something. Fuck...
>>
>>42624651
That doesn't really change anything about his problem though.
He can suck it up and act like everything is alright, but that won't just magically make everything alright.
>>
>>42624684

Not that guy but yes, it does. Neuroplasticity. Fake it 'till you make it.
>>
>>42623931
just be yourself
I jest but there is some merit to just accepting what you are and moving from there. How I got confidence was through long periods of observation. I'd just sit in a coffee shop and read my book and eavesdrop on hipsters (this was in 2008 at the height of hipster elitism). Little by little I started to recognize I guess what you would call conversational tools and gestures. Log things like how many questions someone should ask how much it's permitable to talk about yourself. Once I felt like I understood enough of that I engaged them with mixed success at first and then got "in". Felt proud of myself for penetrating an extremely hostile social group and fugging a couple of them. From there it just gets easier. If you're introverted and have an over calculating mind it's just a matter of setting it work where you need it to.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/adv/18656264
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.