[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got shoulders today. Post your favorite shoulder exercises, discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: river-rock-boulders.jpg (115KB, 504x336px) Image search: [Google]
river-rock-boulders.jpg
115KB, 504x336px
Got shoulders today. Post your favorite shoulder exercises, discuss recent helpful discoveries, good warm ups, how many exercises in a workout, stuff like that.

Anyone do an upright cable row? it usually feels pretty good, but I question whether its as effective as I think it is.
>>
shameless bump
>>
File: 1488760809821.jpg (120KB, 465x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488760809821.jpg
120KB, 465x750px
>post an open to discussion fitness thread
>no comments
>vaguely fitness related meme threads full of posts

I believe this an all time low
>>
>>42622054
I like to throw in some shoulder accessory work on my other days, make sure you warm up properly. When i train shoulders properly i like to do a mix of high reps and low weight and low reps and heavy weight. Lateral raises are really good for developing shoulder size as well I find.
>>
>>42622054
Front and side raises after 3 sets of OHP. I count one of each as 1 rep and aim for 12x3. Once I hit that, I up the weight
>>
>>42622866

I've start doing cable lateral raises more often recently, just doing fairly slow, controlled reps. I feel like they do a lot better than DB lat raises, but I might incorporate heavier weight cheated db lat raises with a solid negative just to see how they do.

>>42623005
Might try something like that next time, sounds pretty good.

Just got done with my shoulder workout, honestly had the best pump ever I think, did a few different things. Ate a small meal, maybe 400 ish calories 30 mins before.

Did about 10 mins of light machine shoulder exercises

Started with smith machine behind the neck presses, 4 sets of 8-10. First time I tried this ever and it honestly felt great, highly recommend.

After I did a uni-lateral DB shoulder press where you go down on say your right knee and press with just your right shoulder, I just put my left hand on my stomach for stability I guess. I actually just did 4 sets of 5-6 for this, also felt great.

Next workout was a rear delt one. I used the seated cable row station (usually near lat pull down) that you normally use for a back exercise, but I took a straight bar attachment and rowed to about my throat area, really exaggerate and squeeze/pull with your real delts. Did like 4 x 8, felt amazing

Next did some slow controlled cable lateral raises, did 4 sets, starting with 12, then 8, 5, then 8-10. Felt pretty good, really have to focus on the should on this one, make it into a pivot point.

Finally just did another rear delt accessory on some machine that ive never seen, felt alright, then burned out with 3 x 5-8 OHP, which felt really nice.

Overall walked away with an amazing pump, overall very enjoyable workout, highly recommend to try something like this.
>>
>>42622054
To me a combo of handstand push-ups and pull-ups is god tier level training for your shoulder (and your back and your arms). Just go 3 rounds on each AMRAP. Warming up for handstand push-ups is just 3x20 regular push-ups for me.

T. Body weight faggot
>>
>>42622148
I remember.. the first day!
>>
>>42623206

I definitely want to incorporate some handstand presses, but I just don't want to look like an idiot in front of everyone when I fall over after attempting just one. Maybe eventually when I get the balls to try
>>
>>42623005
front raises are useless

anterior delts get worked by both bench and ohp (which is also more than enough for them to get joocy) and they do fuck all for aesthetics

side, btn, facepull, ohp and dumbell press are the shoulder work gods
>>
cable lat raises are definitely god tier. Great tension over the ROM rather than the shitty loading at the top/no loading at the bottom that a db lat raise gives.

That said, I do like one sided lat raise while leaning over the working arm... Imagine like holding onto a machine and leaning over to the right while standing straight and raising your right arm up. gives you a different ROM and great contraction
>>
Working on my handstand pushup. my sticking point is right at the bottom, getting out of the hole.

HSPU's are the squat of the upper-body.
>>
>>42623404

OHP is the squat of the upper body

Just because it's bodyweight doesn't mean it's better. A properly done OHP incorporates a lot of stabilizing muscles and the core just like a HSPU does, and you can choose your weight.
>>
>>42622114
Can't bump your own posts
>>
>>42623458
Go shill powerlifting in your obese gear head doing stupid shit to move heavy weight thread.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.