[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag Anon here. Can't afford a gym membership at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Poorfag Anon here. Can't afford a gym membership at the moment nor weights.

If I was to create weights at home out of PVC pipes and milk jugs/soda bottles filled with sand/water, would these provide the same gains from standard weights? Am I being reasonable or is this idea retarded?

I honestly just want to know if any Anons here do (or have done) this already.
>>
>>42621687
It could work honestly.
>>
go to home depot and buy some pipe in the plumbing section it should be black. then use 1 gallon distilled water jugs full of water or sand.

I dun it b4 anon.
>>
>hurr if I lift heavy things will I get strong

This is why you are poor
>>
>>42621687
You are being reasonable assuming your situation isnt improvable, however tell us about your employment situation and living expenses.
>>
>>42621707
I'm a high school senior (18 no b& brehs) looking to join the Army as soon as I graduate and then using the GI Bill afterwards to go to college debt-free.

I'd have easy access to a gym during my service, but until then, I'm skinny as fuck and can barely do more than 20 push ups.

No way I'd be able to join in my current physical state desu.
>>
>>42621687
the only problem I see is that you wouldnt easily be able to get decent weight with water as 1 gal is roughly 8lb and that would take up alot of space. if you cant get anything better then wet sand would suffice but like >>42621696
said get metal pipe or a pole
>>
>>42621687
It could work, but it's not even close to being as convenient as weights.
>>
>>42621687
Just buy some dumbbells at walmart.
its like $15-20 for a set, which is probably what you would end up spending on pipes and whatnot anyways.
>>
>>42621687
>can't afford a gym membership

if this is actually true then you have way, way bigger problems in life than physical fitness. get your shit together and then just pay for a cheap gym

and to answer your question, you may as well just do bodyweight stuff which is free. you won't get big and strong without some device for lifting heavy weights, such as a barbell and rack
>>
>>42621767
Just eat lotz of preoteins and keep working with calisthenics and running. The running is especially important. Just do your best to blow the PT test standards out of he water. You do not need a gym for that. Also, get you chinups and pull-ups up you idiot.
>>
>>42621687
Calisthenics
Self resistance
Isometrics
Lift rocks logs couches etc

Resistance is resistance. Your body doesn't care if it's a weight bar in a gym or a stone in the forest.
>>
>>42621767
this guy >>42622223
is on the money

just work calisthenics
run fuckloads over different kinds of terrain - do road running, trail running, run on beaches, whatever you can do for variety.
work on your pushups
work on your situps
work on your pullups
try to work up to a handstand pushup for a push to balance out your pullups
try to work up to doing a muscle up
have goals for your calisthenics and running and work towards achieving them, you will make it
>>
>>42622261
also forgot to add: making weights out of pvc is retarded, the pipe will snap before you get any appreciable weight on them
>>
>>42621687
Buy a cheap ass bar and some resistance bands. Thank me later.
>>
>>42621687
I remember kalimuscle had some vid about working out in a jail cell with grimey equipment and methods.
>>
>>42621687
Not well. Would be better if you google "bodyweight routines" and do a good one. One of the few times I'll actually recommend giving reddit a browse. It's pretty awesome that you've got enthusiasm, but loading up 50kg and benching it with improvised stuff is dangerous and honestly won't do as much for you.

Accessories like curls could be made with that stuff though, and coincidentally are excellent when paired with bodyweight exercise.

To answer your question though, I did actually make an improvised curl thingie out of some milk jugs and water ages ago. Was OK, but the only reason I actually wanted it was to burn energy before bed since I was dealing with some shit. Wouldn't have worked as primary workout gear. As a way to curl a small amount of weight in the dark because I had to do something, it was fine.
>>
>>42622578
Kek, forgot to mention. Once lifted a big rock instead of proper weights. I absolutely hated it, but it was still fun. I've heard of bags of cement being used, but I've never seen it myself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.