[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fats are 9 calories per gram >carbs are 4 calories per

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1502183528181.gif (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1502183528181.gif
2MB, 720x404px
>fats are 9 calories per gram
>carbs are 4 calories per gram
So why are fats so hyped up around here? If I supplement with the omegas then why do I even need to consider them when I'm cutting? Calories in and calories out, right? So why would I want to consume calorie dense food compared to green vegetables and rice?
>>
>>42619760
Fats are also comparatively more expensive compared to oats, rice, etc.
Is there some kind of conspiracy to get everyone to buy more fats? There's a surplus of avocados or something?
>>
Fats are processed differently by your body. In particular, fat is more satiating per calorie, specially if you limit carbs (i.e. go keto).
>>
>>42619810
I'd argue that fiber is more satitating than anything else. Keto is so fucking stupid in that green vegetables have to be eaten in moderation. Fucking green vegetables.
1000 calories of carbohydrates gets you shitloads. 5 cups of cooked rice. 30 servings of green vegetables. 250g Oats. Etc. 1000 calories of fats gets you fuck all in comparison.
>>
>>42619948
but how much do you need to hit proton goals?
>>
>>42619760
Days make you feel fuller and less hungry.
>>
>>42619948
Alright dude have you tried keto? Oh you haven't? We gosh I guess your opinion is fact.
>>
>>42619948
Who the fuck said to limit green vegetables on keto? I don't even measure them and I'm in ketosis always. You can get 600g of brocolli for < 30g net carbs and anything more leafy has a lot less.
>>
>>42619760
You need fats to produce testosterone.
>>
>>42619948
Well, 1000 calories gives you a big steak, an omelet and a lot of vegetables stirred with some coconut oil.

The difference is you will crash a few hours after getting your 5 cups of rice, with keto this is my main meal of the day and I will maybe snack on some cheese in the evening if I'm bored.

Seriously, the only people that think that a carb loaded diet is more satiating than keto are the ones which haven't tried it. There is a lot to be said about some people feeling better with one or the other but satiety is not one of them.
>>
>>42619810
just this. and look up this
http://biochemical-pathways.com/
one can see that a normal human being does not need carbs to survive. fats are the bodies favourite energy ressource. less has to be done to gain more energy out of it
>>
>>42620115
I'm that anon and don't really agree with this. Glucose is easier to use, intense exercise proves this. Of course your storage of fat is a lot greater hence why it can be beneficial for 99% of people since your energy is a lot more stable during the day (specially when cutting, the difference is huge).

IMO everyone which doesn't have only /fit/ goals in life (i.e. non athletes) should try keto at some point.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.