[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What has the world come down to: Rippletits is now barbell r

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: 124132.jpg (153KB, 1038x894px) Image search: [Google]
124132.jpg
153KB, 1038x894px
What has the world come down to: Rippletits is now barbell rowing himself !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0uhDZ06hrQ
>>
god i love the poses he makes
>>
>>42611582
goddamn he's even fatter than before
I'm lmaoing @ fools who fall for the ss mem
>>
honestly this version of the row looks totally momentum driven with the power being generated mostly through the hips

how effective is this for back development/training compared to hanging rows or simply tbar for instance? I know BB rows are really popular, but seeing this exercise taught "properly" makes me doubt it
>>
>>42611710
Rip's lost it. have you seen his chin up video? he literally has his trainee standing on the ground for the starting position.
>>
>>42611582
man id brap the girl in the red so hard
>>
Still, when Rip does it, you can see his lower back is perfectly flat/ neutral.
i wouldnt imagine he teaches the row with supine grip tho, that's really surprising.

>>42611662
the guy doesnt train anymore, and at his age still able to attempt bbrow reps at 305lbs.
you wish you'd be as strong when you're old too.

>>42611710
i guess when you snap your elbows back at the top of the position is supposed to stimulate the lats / rhombs / mid-low back.
>>
>>42611710
People do strict BB Rows now which target the lats better.

The "traditional" row that rippletits is teaching is basically a replacement for power cleans for people that can't do power cleans anymore. That's why it's so explosive. It's an accessory exercise.

His gripping preference is retarded though.
>>
>>42611582
This is the pendaly row.
It is made by mark pendaly, an Olympic weight lifter.
>>
>>42612028
>His gripping preference is retarded though.

>supposed to use more biceps hence lift more weight
>overhand grip still lets you lift more weight

what did rip mean by this? the row doesnt work like a chinup!

also no, people in the gym always do a bastardized version of the yates row that makes them look like retard, with either grip.
>>
>>42611710
No, this version is shit. Rippletits lost it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYaP3yCyHRY
This is how you do barbell rows properly.
>>
Piggybacking here since relevant.

My bb row has been stalling hardcore around 155- I've been doing overhand rows. Should I switch to underhand/how do I stop stalling?
>>
>>42612039
congratulations on your knowledge of trivia, you must be new here. Let me add on to that: The only reason that that's called the pendlay row now is because yates popularized yates row. Which is now seem as the standard row, standing at a slight angle as you row. Before that, the "pendlay" row was the regular row.

You don't hear people say yates row when talking about the row, but pendlay came first. So when talking about the row at a slight angle, you should say yates row. This is the proper "true" row.
>>
>>42612028
>The "traditional" row that rippletits is teaching is basically a replacement for power cleans for people that can't do power cleans anymore. That's why it's so explosive. It's an accessory exercise.

how do people still think this after so many years?
>>
>>42611582
>that mark
PUNISHED RIPPETOE
>>
>>42611582
I do rows in similar fashion but with way less hip movement, take a look at pendlays tutorial for rows.

The way ripp teaches them is downright retarded, his version is more of a lower back/hip exercise than lat/upper back. You might as well just do power cleans then.
>>
>>42612051
thats a different row altogether. its more similar to the yates one. the one rip teaches starts and ends on the floor with reset at each rep.

>>42612148
thats the whole point: it's to replace the power cleans with another power movement !!

see
>>42612028
>>
>>42612169
>thats a different row altogether. its more similar to the yates one. the one rip teaches starts and ends on the floor with reset at each rep.
Yeah, let me clarify tho. Rippletits here does rows with momentum, which is fucking dumb as hell. Plus who the hell uses a supinated grip on a row, whats the point. Whats next, a supinated grip on bench?
>>
>>42611799
Yeah people give rip shit for being a heavy old dude, but what do you want really. He's not on gear. He's 60 years old. And he's still reasonably strong for an old guy.
>>
>>42611582
>barbell row
>assistance exercise for intermediate and advanced lifters
Cant believe people actually listen to this retarded fuck every lifter needs to prioritize the row as a compound for healthy shoulders fuck off ripletits
>>
that short haired girl is a qt
>>
>>42611582
What an absolute abortion of a row. Yeah bro, load up the bicep during an explosive movement that you cheat in order to use heavier weight, what can go wrong??? Make sure you take your back completely out of the equation.
>>
>>42612051
Did you even watch the video? This guy advocates doing every kind of row.
>>
>>42611582
the pendlay row is way fucking easier to learn than a squat, bench press and deadlift

in fact it was the easiest compound for me to learn as a novice. tho it can be hard for a novice without bumper plates.
>>
>>42612370
shoulder is the least concern for a bb row.

if shoulder health is what you have in mind then just press and do cable face pulls, you dont need a barbell row for that
>>
>>42612059
wrong. what most people know as the barbell row is the overhand yates row, thank bodybuilding culture for that
>>
>>42612400
Yeah, he does, but he doesnt advocate doing what is essentially cheating on rows and doesnt say that rows are an assistance excercise. Meanwhile brian supersets rows with bench presses and does them for an exact same amount of reps with the same weight and does them without cheating.
Rippletits doing pendlay rows isnt an issue, the issue is that he fucking cheats on them and treats them as an assistance excercise.
>>
>>42611582
Problem with barbell rows is you need good form at a high rep range and lower weight as a beginner in order to progress to intermediate around the same time you would squat and bench for example. As a result people much prefer curls and pulldowns even though theyre inferior because of the quicker results.
>>
I see so many people doing odd rows in my gym. Like, they stand up almost completely straight and basically half curl the bar towards their top abs with supinated grip.

I don't do pendlays, but I do as close to them as possible while not putting the weight down. I basically just stay in a strict deadlift starting position and explosively row the bar to my nipples or just above them.
>>
File: 1502933312538.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1502933312538.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
>>42611582
>blondebeard man lurking around
>>
>>42611582
It's a good thing, BB row should be added to the SS program. Or maybe replace clean and jerk. Deadlift and OHP aren't enough to have an overall developed back.
>>
He did it. Rip did the barbell row, the absolute madman !!
>>
>>42611582
that's a big girl
>>
>>42612536
AFAIK you just described Strong Lifts; its a 5x5 SS ripoff that replaces clean and jerk with BB rows.
>>
>>42611582
That girl can row more than I can.
>>
>>42612557
Now that I read your post I realize you're totally right. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>42612536
SS has chinups too.
Besides it's a beginner program that lasts for a few months, you're not gonna have an overall developed anything after it.
>>
>>42612439
what most people know is irrelevant and that's still exactly what I said.
>>
>>42612557
>>42612536
wtf are you people saying, theres no clean & jerk in SS
>>
>>42612039
are you fucking stupid

1. it's glenn not mark
2. it's pendlay not pendaly
3. it wasn't invented by glenn pendlay, just popularised by him
>>
>>42611582
I want to have sex with that grill
>>
>>42611582
STRAPS?!

That's honestly more ridiculous than the rows
>>
File: memes.jpg (16KB, 136x290px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
16KB, 136x290px
>>42611582
This guy is 100% a /fit/izen.
>adipowers
>Richard Spencer haircut
>fat
>hands in pocket the whole time
>>
how much do you hate that fat roastie on the back munching a gum with her open mouth when rip looks/talks to her?
>>
>>42611582
He's so fat he only has to row 10 inches for the bar to make contact with his gut.

Also always funny to look at the crowd and spot the GOMAD-fags.
>>
>>42613086
>cue picture of guy from /fit/ who stands in the corner at a party
>>
>>42613066
If Konstantinovs, Brian Alsruhe and Eddie Hall will all happily use straps while training back, what qualifies you to judge?

I deadlift 230kg and still use straps when my grip fries.
>>
>>42612051
God I hate Omar so much
>how's it going guys here's a video where someone who knows more than me explains everything and I make a buck out of it
He doesn't know shit
>>
>>42613396
that video's rows are also a shit version of rows...

>>42613382
if you need to train grip strength, shouldnt you try and not use straps even during assistance exercises? not sure why rip says its ok to use straps if you still need to work on grip strength...
>>
>>42612652
But the row is more important than bench. I always do yates row barbell row before bench press and I also do pull ups you can't overtrain your back but you can overtrain chest.
>>
can anyone explain the do arms joke, i don't get it
>>
>>42613415
No its not you faggot all the top deadlifters do that one.
>>
>>42613443
>I always do yates row barbell row before bench
good job underperforming on bench because of fatigue
>>
>>42613382
Straps feel weird to me, my grip strength seems to go down.

I can pull 3pls with no straps but when using them I can hardly hold 2.5. What do I do wrong?
>>
File: 2017.08.24-12.16.webm (661KB, 316x348px) Image search: [Google]
2017.08.24-12.16.webm
661KB, 316x348px
>>
>>42613581
was there a more cringey moment in that video?
>>
>>42613463
He hates the idea of actually isolating arms and only believes in indirectly targeting them in compounds, so in a sense you're always "doing" arms in compound lifts.
basically he's a fag
>>
>>42613607
that's unironically not funny in the least
>>
>>42613595
what happened? did he shart? i couldnt be fucked watching it all
>>
>>42613806
Yeah he sharted all over the place lmao. They had to get a cleanup crew out.
>>
>>42611662
Dude is like 60 and has been a strength coach for 30 years

But nah listen to twinks on /fit/ they probably know best.
>>
>>42613816
fat dirty cunt why the fuck is he doing gomad at that age
>>
>>42612039
Any row done with a barbell is a barbell row, newfag
>>
>>42612039

*Pendlay
>>
Guys is it okay if I don't do BB rows like this from the floor and just bend over and do them?
>>
>>42612057
Increase your squat and Deadlift. You can't really do LP on assistance exercises for a long time, they stall out fairly quickly. Sometimes it helps to switch to another lift and take another run at it in a few months.
>>
File: angery.png (5KB, 604x608px) Image search: [Google]
angery.png
5KB, 604x608px
>>42611582
rippletits is all about the hips, great now im going to be seeing all these faggots doing these weird ass cunts doing supinated pendlay rows at my gym, mfw pendlay row is my favourite lift and wathcing this triggered me

id fuck the shit out of that girl in red tho
>>
That crowd looks like a goddamn /fit/ meetup
>>
>>42613822
Well and there in lies the issue you should have with him. His books are for athletic coaches to get their dyel suburban kid team some meat on them for contact sorts. That's it
>>
>>42613086
Just about everyone I saw in the video except Alan Thrall looked out of shape as fuck.
>>
is that Alan Thrall at 12:29
>>
>>42615112
oh fuck, that is him.
>>
>>42615163
>>42615112
>those guys who post on youtube "omg thats alan thrall!!!11!" on each single video where thrall is at some SS gathering.

jesus the fanboyism knows no shame
>>
>If you're a 61-year-old man with 10 orthopedic surgeries and a history of struggling with cleans, then the barbell row just might be a perfect light day pulling exercise for this demographic.
>It might work fine for females.
>It might work fine for injured people.
>>
>rippetoes gym
>all dyel nerds
it all makes sense
>>
>>42615171
he's the most easily recognizable one, is all

don't need to be a fanboy for that
>>
>>42615206
>>42615179
sure thank god at least he's the only one who looks like a hobo.
>>
I don't know why, but I really don't like the jerk-like movement of this row, makes my back hurt just looking at it
>>
>>42611785
seriously, she's average, but i want her so bad
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.