[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any stories about how they turned their life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1426393971757.jpg (32KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1426393971757.jpg
32KB, 653x490px
Does anyone have any stories about how they turned their life around after hitting rock bottom? From suicidal to swole? Help me out /fit/
>>
>>42606580
I hit rock bottom. I was suicidal then I decided to make a change and get swole.

Hope it helps.
>>
>>42606580
I've done it. The full story is too long and too weird to tell really, just know that you need [to work on] these things to succeed:
>Dedication to improving yourself daily
>Drive to work on the things that matter most to you
>Respect for all life and all peoples, anything else will drag you down
>Compassion for yourself and others
>Living simply and ascetically
>>
>>42606580
Once upon a time, I decided not to go on 4chan to cure my depression. The end.
>>
>>42606580
stop coming here this place is cancer

t. lifelong
>>
>>42606645
>>42606675
4chan is the least of my issues. i'm talking "the gun is in my mouth there is no hope for me"-tier hopelessness here, whether or not I keep browsing 4chan is immaterial

I want to know if there was someone like me who sucked it up and made it even in their 30s
>>
Watch Jordan Peterson on YouTube bro
>>
>>42606886
Yes, I also recommend listening to philosophers and thinkers on youtube, such as Alan Watts or Terence McKenna.

Speaking of Terence you could try psychedelics, but really only if you are well researched in them and totally want to do them.
>>
>>42606580
I'm hitting rock bottom again

>Be me
>Have a job
>Not lazy, there's just not much to do for me
>Management isn't giving me any real work
>Stuck in this position with bullshit projects
>They gave me a few expecting me to fail but I succeeded
Everything else is failing
I don't do shit and make a lot of money

>I literally don't do shit and make more than the average in America.

"way more than average"
>>
>>42607383
What do you do?
>>
>>42607315
That seems like a fucking awful idea when you're this depressed
>>
File: IMG_20160708_152431990.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160708_152431990.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
Yeah I was broke, attempted suicide twice, lived in my car, had relationship issues, no motivation, an accident that made me brain dead and an overdose.
I denied a d2 scholarship after high-school. It was full ride to be a linebacker. I was bad ass. At the lowest point of my depression, I weighted 220 lbs 5"11. I got fat.
I remember my first suicide attempt. I had my girl in the car and we were fighting. I had a black Mercedes c class. While we were fighting I told her, I'm gonna die. That's when I started swirving the car. I was at 110 MPH on the freeway. Soon enough the car started to drift, I lost traction. Wound up missing a pole by a few inches and nosediving into a hill.
Eventually I was dead ass alone. I cried for a couple weeks straight. Got a job and more importantly a gym membership. Took progress pictures.
It's a constant up and downhill battle, still is. Today I make $30 an hour and I'm down about 40 lbs. I got friends and some great hobbies.
We're all going to make it bro. Hope this helps.
>>
>>42607398
IT

I should probably start studying and finish the CCNP and find another job elsewhere...

I get calls for work, I just dont want to give up

>inb4 tell your manager you want better work....
>>
>Mole2Swole
>>
Not as bad as some of the guys here. I'll try and make it short.

>be 10 yr old boy with little sister and great parents and great home
>dad gets cancer
>I watched him die in front of me
>always told me to take care of my mom and sister when he would leave
>try so hard in school but struggle with everything
>I'm an outcast
>didn't mind that part so much though, I've never really enjoyed company
>got picked on, I was seen as weak and easy pickings
>one day it's really bad, they beat me
>hate my life so much
> borrowed a gun from one of the troublemaker kids at school
>told him I needed to take care of a problem
>go home with the plan to end it all in my cold dark bedroom
>think of my father and my little sister and my mother
>think of how sad they were when we lost my dad
>put the gun away and return it the next day
>"you take care of your problem bro"
>"yeah I did..."
>spend the rest of my school years bettering myself and getting friends, joining the soccer and wrestling team
>have a go in high school and just graduated 3 years ago
>now I'm back on 4Chan

Can't win them all I guess. At least I enjoyed high school
>>
>>42606614
t-thanks
>>
>>42606617
>and all peoples
except refugees, foreigners, tourists, muslims, jews, and degenerates. make them feel puny.
>>
File: IMG_2031.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2031.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
>tfw suicidal and swole

Can't help you anon
>>
I'll try keep it short

>Verbally and physically abusive father, drug addict mother
>grow up very poor
>develop drug and alcohol problems in teenage years
>be hospitalized a few times due to mental health problems
>after failed suicide attempt in my early 20's realize I have never given my all at life
>Move country and try really fucking hard to turn my life around
>fail alot have to live in car for a bit, lots of problems
>finally get out of debt and get stable and clean and sober
>put myself through uni working dead end job
>Start lifting
>Start meditating
>After years of utter shit and hard work life is starting to turn around

Still struggling alot. I've finished uni but been turned down from a few really good jobs due to my academic transcript being shit my first year of uni and a couple arrests I've had when I was young. At the final interview process for another job now I really hope I get it. Lifts are so close to 1/2/3/4 and I have a date with an amazing girl this Friday.

It's hard being 27 nearly 28 and working the dead end job I am when all the people my age are so far ahead of me in life. And the constant failure, but I'm not gonna give up when I'm so close to making it. Good luck Anon, never too late
>>
File: 1429072246973.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1429072246973.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>42606580
Fucking hell. I just realized that most of us would have a success story if time only ran backwards. At least it´s the case for me.

Im slowly getting over bitterness and depression though and here`s some tips:

>don´t rationalize your suffering i.e nihilism because its not rational to do so
>think every action in terms of how much it lessens/increases your self hate at the coming evening and choose the best alternative
>Stop lying to people and especially to yourself. Those two things are connected and the more you bullshit people the more you bullshit yourself

idea #2 actually started to turn my life around. I´m really fucking unstable and overthinking person so i`m suspectiple to rapid changes in ideas, motivation and ideals. Its been 3 weeks since i started according to this principle and it´s actually going pretty well. I only have to think everything in a single term so making good desicions has newer been this easy. Getting swole by the day and becoming a better person overall.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.