[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God fucking damn I'm struggling so much with ohp. I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

God fucking damn I'm struggling so much with ohp.

I can barely hit 60lbs for reps when do I actually see progress?!

I'm not giving up, but fuck I need you guys to tell me I can make it
>>
>>42600880
Hang upside down then do OHP
This will help you get your numbers up
Then you will make it
>>
File: IMG_1126.jpg (116KB, 720x1184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1126.jpg
116KB, 720x1184px
You can do it
You can make it
>>
pressing only for progress is a meme. you'll need to do dips and push press.

press until you know you'll fail next rep then start push pressing until you fail a rep. do as many bw dips as you can after pressing.
>>
I did 1x5, 1x5, 1xF and it helped.
>>
Newbie here as well, ohp just seems like a really slow thing to progress with. I'm at 85 now but was stuck at 70-75 for a bit. Can anyone clarify if I'm right in my assumption or are me and OP just awful people.
>>
>>42600880
Train lats and triceps more + do DB incline bench. Seated DB press is also a good accessory.
>>
I'm at 70kg for 5x5 now. I remember stalling before I even reached 40g. Just keep pushing through.
>last set
>can't do more reps
>do push press reps instead
>can't do more push reps
>deload 10%
>repeat until you can't even push press the bar
>>
>>42600880
>only do bench press, dips and incline
>NEVER train shoulder directly (press, db press raises etc)
>Just do bench, bench and bench.
>traps, tris and legs are easily the biggest bodyparts
>have 130 kg bench

Tried the OHP 1 plate meme. Got fucking 11. How does it feel being a OHPlet
>>
>>42600880

Honestly just do this for all major lifts.

Find 1rm (8x (X)weight = 80% 1rm)

Week 1: 70% 1rm 3x5 + 1 AMRAP

If AMRAP > 8 add 2.5%, if 6-7 reps maintain and if 5 or less drp 2.5%

Repeat this.

You can try to add volume by adding more sets or tweaking it as you see fit, if you can try doing adjustments by 5% instead of 2.5% and so on but generally assessing performance with AMRAP set is a great way to evaluate and adjust your program. It also helps to mitigate fatigue and such.

You should easy be able to get 8 reps at 70% your 1rm on the first week.

Once you hit 80% of your 1 rep max in weight and you achieve 8 reps with that aftera 3x5 deload 5%-7.5% the following week and repeat the cycle.

This is an intermediate program but should work anyway. If it is too easy just add training volume and make adjustments as needed.
>>
>>42601430
You didn't ohp shit, you push pressed.
>>
>>42600880
The secret to getting a stronger OHP is doing every other vertical pressing motion under the sun instead of OHP when you plateau. Also doing a steep seated 'incline bench' will help shoot your lifts up more than you think since the steeper the incline to more load on your delts, but it still shares it with your chest so you can add a lot of weight and help shock them providing your chest isn't shit.
>>
>>42600880
I can do up to 75lbs but my lower spine turns into pic related so I'm afraid to add more. Though I'm fucking weak overall and only benching 1pl8 for reps.
>>
Could this exercise help me in developing shoulder strength? Seems to be less dangerous than close grip upright row. Still might fuck up wrists, I guess.
>>
>>42601430
you have a 130kg bench. You should be pressing more, since you are working your triceps and front deltoids
>>
>>42601675
it's hurts like shit
>>
>>42601675
Do it with a curlbar/ezbar to suit your wrists
>>
>>42601682
it*, fucking hell
>>
>>42601684
I'll try but I'm too lanky for it and curlbars are fucking short.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.