[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win in a no-hold barred street fight Jon Jones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 38

File: 1503458324585.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1503458324585.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
Who would win in a no-hold barred street fight

Jon Jones or Brian Shaw
>>
jon jones easily

maybe if he was like 5'1 vs 6.'8, but even then

if brian shaw has some fighting / wrestling past we don't know of than maybe it's more contested.
>>
>>42599515
dat nigga will shoot him
>>
File: 1503199899949.jpg (45KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1503199899949.jpg
45KB, 600x900px
>>42599526
You are absolutely retarded

Shaw just has to grab him and it's game over

He will literally push his thumbs into his eye sockets and cave his skull in

No amount of skill can overcome an almost 100 pound weight difference
>>
>>42599569
no. jon jones is one of the best grapplers in the world. that means he has been training how to dodge or turn any type of "grab" to his advantage.
>>
>>42599684
>no. jon jones is one of the best grapplers in the world. that means he has been training how to dodge or turn any type of "grab" to his advantage.
t. zero combat sport experience
>>
>>42599569
No, YOU are absolutely retarded. no intelligent person would think that "just grabbing" a person you're in a fist fight with, especially a professional fighter, is a viable strategy. Please walk me through how you think Shaw would achieve this grab I must know.
>>
File: 1445813121977.jpg (61KB, 472x874px) Image search: [Google]
1445813121977.jpg
61KB, 472x874px
>>42599684
>>42599804

This is literally you right now
>>
>>42599881
http://www.bestgore.com/murder/russia-world-champion-powerlift-beat-death-khabarovsk/
>>
>>42599569
game of thrones is not real life, sperg
>>
>>42599515
>Who would win in a no-hold barred street fight
>fight
>A trained fighter
>A non trained athlete.
are you fucking dense?
>>
>>42599920
120kg man dies to 70kg dyel
>>
>>42599762
>wasting your 60 second post timer for a post that lacks any substance whatsoever
brainlets are so cute
>>
File: 1491611934804.png (721KB, 900x743px) Image search: [Google]
1491611934804.png
721KB, 900x743px
>>42599515
honestly, jon would probably drive through a crowd of children a week before they fought and fuck everything.
>>
>>42599515
Since Jon Jones just pissed hot for Turinabol and got stripped of his title, what is Turinabol?
>>
>>42600029
they soak the Shroud of Turin in chicken broth, then wring it out into vials to sell. it gives you holy gains
>>
>>42600037
Oh shit! Sign me up!
>>
>>42599569
>Grabs Jones
>Jones breaks nose with headbutt
>Releases Jones out of pain
>Jones KOs with flying knee

GoT is not real senpai
>>
>>42600018
Then run from the cops afterwards
>>
>>42600029
It's something that fighters use when they're scared of getting popped for actual performance enhancers.

Does it actually effect performance? Not really. But it shows how desperate these fighters are that they'll fucking jam anything into their system to gain an advantage.

Nobody even gets caught for things that actually boost performance anymore. If you're going to cheat, cheat correctly. Bang test, cut with clen, tren hard, etc.

The funniest one I saw was Machida where he basically got caught with a placebo. Nobody fucking accidentally takes that shit and has it in their system, why would you even bother?
>>
>>42599569
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig
>>
>>42599515
they're both roided to the gills anyway, so probably the one who can wrestlefuck the other one hard, meaning shaw wins.

ooooor since it's no holds barred, then whoever shoots a gun first.
>>
>>42599526
>>42599684
>>42599804
>>42599939
>>42599962
>>42600050

>implying a guy weighing 400+ lbs doesn't have an advantage over a guy weighing 200lbs
>implying Jon Jones would be able to lift Brian Shaw off of him if Brian were to lay on him
>implying a guy with a literal 1000lb deadlift doesn't have the ability do rip an arm out of socket if he were to grab ahold of Jon Jones wrist
>implying Jon Jones can land a high kick almost an entire foot over his own head
>implying the only thing that matters in a fight is "experience"
>thinking that a blue belt in BJJ and a "black belt" in a made up martial art is the end all to combat experience
>ignoring the fact that weight classes have existed in every combat sport for a reason
>implying Brian Shaw doesn't actually have better work capacity than a coke head
>implying that if the fight was taken to the ground and Brian Shaw was put in a RNC that he couldn't just grab Jones' and crush it with the shear strength of his grip
>implying a single fucking elbow from Brian Shaw wouldn't shatter Jon Jones' jaw

Are you guys actually this fucking stupid...?
>>
Depends on the circumstances. If it's extremely close quarters (think inside a crowded bar) Shaw could probably grab him and overpower him. But if Jones has any room to strike and move Jones by a mile.
>>
>>42600089
but in the end jon jones is the best fighter the worlds ever seen and has forgotten more about fighting than shaw will ever know.

you really think jon wont figure out that he cant engage with shaw in those ways until hes gassed? hes literally the mozart of fighting
>>
>>42600089
This
Literally see the end of the fight mountain crushed a mans head all he needs to catch u once
>>
>>42600089
That reminds me of Pudz being the best fighter that ever lived.
>>
>>42600064
Oh, that explains it! Now I know exactly what it is! Jesus Christ /fit/ can’t even explain steroids....
>>
>>42600101
>>42600089
See
>>42600067
>>
>>42600102
>>42600115
>no-holds barred street fight
>>
>>42600132
Shouldn’t the mountain at least be able to hold on to Conor?

Of course he can’t you stupid fuckwit. Go watch ufc 1 you fucking retard.
>>
>>42599569
>just grab him
Its not easy to just grab a person who has fighting experience and is more than ready to defend himself. If you actually want to grab such a guy, you need to force him to commit a mistake. Bait out a big punch, make him overcommit. Most likely big guys like brian shaw who dont have real combat experience just try to charge in recklessly and start throwing bombs. What happens when you do that against a real fighter?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ECmpxMPvQU
This happens.
I am not saying that being a bigger dude isnt an advantage, it is, but you need to fucking know how to utilise it. Lets say you are taller and have longer reach with your kicks and your punches. If you have good footwork and know how to control the distance, you can use that to your advantage and keep your opponent out more effectively and punish his attempts to get in. Thats good, but you still need skill to capitalise on this advantage effectively.
The truth is that a bigger fighter has an advantage over a smaller fighter, but a bigger strongman doesnt have an advantage over a fighter.
>>
>>42600089
Go watch that video of that amateur MMA fighter killing a 120kg powerlifting champion in 15 seconds. The weight classes are there because two trained fighters having large discrepancies in weight caused unfair advantages, not because random fatfuck powerlifters could walk in and destroy everyone.
>>
>>42600149
>Gerard Gordeau has a 1000lb Deadlift, weighs 400lbs, and is has 20 inch forearms

>>42600172
>120kg is the same as 190kg
>>
File: 1502887108092.jpg (94KB, 544x479px) Image search: [Google]
1502887108092.jpg
94KB, 544x479px
>>42600050
And neither are action movies

Reread your greentext you child
>>
>>42600132
How the fuck would that help the untrained man more than a fighter? Especially since Jon Jones is the dirtiest fighter within the rules almost ever.

>hey Jon, you're incredibly dirty, but we're going to give you no rules for your next fight in a street fight. Hope you don't come up with some new dirty stuff.

But anyway, Pudz sucks with rules. He doesn't become some unbeatable force without. And Pudz is highly trained unlike Shaw. Look at someone like Minowaman to see how a trained fighter can beat freaks. Now imagine someone 3 times as strong, bigger, and 10 times more talented.

And it's not even like Jones is weak either. He can still dl 600 pounds. While being incredibly skilled. He knows how to strike. He knows how to grapple, he knows how to hurt people within rules. Shaw does not.
>>
>>42600187
At first I thought you were ignorant. I now realize that you are stupid.
>>
>>42600187
>An amateur MMA fighter is the same as Jon Jones
>>
>>42600230
>Jon Jones is known for eye pokes so in a fist fight to the death he can beat the guy whose forearm is bigger than Jon Jones' upper leg
>pudz is 6'1 and 250lbs but he's a strong man so it's the same as Brian Shaw who is 6'9 and 400lbs
>Jon Jones deadlifts 600lbs sumo! Brian Shaw doesn't have the kinesthetic knowledge required to bear hug Jones off his feet until his rips crack!

>>42600252
Jon Jones is as good a prime Royce Gracie

>>42600240
Brilliant refutation
>>
>>42600292
fighting is not intuitive bro if shaw has never trained he would have no chance whatsoever
>>
>>42599569

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>42600202
There is literally nothing in my greentext that I havent seen IRL
>>
>>42600292
I'm not even sure what you mean by the Gracie comment. Are you trying to say that Jones is one of the best BJJ practitioners of all time like that's a bad thing or am I missing something?
>>
>>42600313
Seriously. It's like these dudes never wrestled or seem competitive fights in their entire lives.
>>
>>42599515

Everyone ITT seems to have forgotten about Jones' literal 7.05 feet wingspan. He could fuck up Brian Shaw without him getting close enough to attempt a single or double leg.

It's still kinda sad to see how many retarded people on /fit/ think otherwise. There seem to be more people ITT picking Jones, which is good, but a lot of people here have some work to do.
>>
>>42600327
>Jon Jones is as good as prime Royce Gracie

Typo, it's late...

Brain Shaw has way more advantages than a random dutchman that knows savate and Jon Jones is no where CLOSE to Royce Gracie when it comes to BJJ...
>>
>>42600331

I guarantee that 99% of these anti-MMA posters are skinny fat DYELS who aren't even strong - they just hate the idea that you need to do more than lift weights to be a decent fighter. You know, the kinda dudes who don't even train cardio, let alone any real combat sport.
>>
Just because he can move heavy objects it doesn't mean he knows the 1st thing about a fight. I'm surprised how often mongoloids ask this type of question.
>>
>>42600331
>>42600350
I have a feeling you guys are 5'8, 160lb former mediocre highschool wrestlers that started watching UFC events around the 170s.
>>
>>42600292
>bear hugging until ribs crack

you're right, if Shaw attempted a bear hug in hopes of crushing a man to death, Jones would probably be so stunned by the utter stupidity of such a move that he might stop throwing elbows and punches which Shaw has now given him a perfect range to do for a couple seconds out of pity and slight regret for having to knock out a retarded person.
>>
>>42600365
wrestlers are tough man. a mediocre 160 lb wrestler could fuck up 90% of grown men
>>
>>42600347
I don't actually think Jones is anywhere near as good as Gracie in BJJ, that was just me trying to make sense of your comment but I see what you meant now. Jones however is a much more accomplished striker than Gracie and competes at a larger weight as well.
>>
>>42600365

Oh, and what makes you think that?
>>
>>42600366
What would happen if Brian Shaw were to happen to grab a leg kick with both hands and just jerk and pull Jon Jones' leg as hard he could? What happens if Brain shaw lands a punch to Jon Jones' head? Serious question.

>>42600385
>>42600400
Knew it.
>Being THIS fucking delusional
>>
>>42600400

Probably the same retarded logic that makes him think a strongman with exactly 0 training could pose even a vague threat to an elite LHW like Jon Jones.
>>
>>42599515
farmers walks, pullups, deadlifts, shrugs, curls
most back exercises (which consist of pulling motions) work your grip
>>
>>42600410
Hit close to home huh?
>>
>>42600406

How does Brian Shaw know what a telegraphed head kick looks like? Jones could easily daze him with a combination to the head, then kick him from the same blind spot he created.
>>
man, /fit/ is absolutely retarded when it comes to this shit. a professional fighter will beat the shit out of someone who doens't know how to fight even if they have 100+ lbs on them especially slow as strong men who will gas trying to shoot for a takedown or after a few slow af looping punches that can be seen a mile away
>>
>>42600406

>Knew it

What makes you think this, though? It's not a hard question. Could it be that you're projecting, seeing as I'm neither 5'8", 160 lbs, and I didn't start to train wrestling until university?

Just throwing these questions to the wind - I don't expect you to answer, seeing as you've dodged every serious question ITT thus far.
>>
WHO WOULD WIN
A. greatest fighter of all time
B. some fat fuck (but hes strong)
who makes these retarded threads
>>
>>42600406
>grab a leg kick

He'd stoop down and leave his head open to get lit up, maybe even eat a head kick if Jones is quick enough. Since you're assuming he can actually catch it, where does Shaw go from there? Does he use his superhuman grip to crush Jone's calf? Does he start spinning and throw him across the room? Or does he eat punches that he's put himself in range for, completely defenseless, until he drops it?

>lands one punch

I'd assume what he's used to doing for his entire career: keep fighting. Do you honestly think that Shaw could knock out Jones with ONE punch? Please seek help.
>>
>>42600447

People don't realise just how important cardio is in a fight, nor do they realise how crazy Jon Jones' conditioning is. He can fight at 80% capacity for 25 straight minutes, but I doubt Brian Shaw can even run 5k at any pace.
>>
>>42600029
It's what got East Germany pretty much every single medal they ever won in anything.
>>
File: shaw.jpg (20KB, 550x380px) Image search: [Google]
shaw.jpg
20KB, 550x380px
>>42599515
i dont know the answer op, but 400lbs of raw muscle vs 200 lbs of fighting machine is something i would definitely pay to watch..
id give the nod to Jones, but with some luck Shaw could break his body.
also it's not 100lbs he has on Jones, it over 200.. i've seen Shaw irl... he is a freak of nature.. and it's kind of absurd ppl like him exist
>>
>>42600406
>What would happen if Brian Shaw were to happen to grab a leg kick with both hands and just jerk and pull Jon Jones' leg as hard he could?
You understand there needs to be a counterforce for that do actually do anything right?

>What happens if Brain shaw lands a punch to Jon Jones' head?
He has 0 striking technique so his punches would be ineffective at best
>>
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/20422093/jon-jones-failed-drug-test-ufc-214-ufc-president-dana-white-says
related. Jones is on the juice
>>
>>42600406

Strength has absolutely nothing to do with punching power, because lifting (push or pull movements) have you acting against the weight over a relatively long period of time, whereas punching is a snapping motion. If you want to develop power, you need to perfect your technique - of which Brian Shaw has none.

Again, Jones has a wingspan of over 7 feet, which is really fucking long, even for his height of 6'4". For reference, Stefan Struve (who's 7' tall, which is 3" more than Brian Shaw) has a shorter reach than Jones.
>>
>>42600440
You're implying that Jones can kick at roughly 170 degree angle to deliver a kick to Shaw's head...do you not think Shaw would be able catch just a single kick that lands at around his upper arm...

>>42600458
>Starting to wrestle in college
>being anything other than mediocre

>calls everyone disagreeing with him a skinny fat DYEL
>accuses others of projecting

>>42600507
>He has 0 striking technique so his punches would he ineffective at best
You should look up what momentum is

>>42600471
Do you not think that a man that weighs 400lbs and can clean and press 450lbs cannot deliver enough force to knock someone out in one punch to the jaw?
>>
>>42600469
Some fat fuck is an understatement

Shaw is literally one of strongest humans to ever exist

A goddamn freak of nature

Watch the video of him beating world 100 meter row record with no training, on the spot

He can literally snap Jones ankle in half by squeezing it
>>
>>42600536
t. someone who has never trained in any fighting discipline
>>
>>42600530

>You should look up what momentum is

So let me get this straight, you DISAGREE that punching power comes from technique? And then you tell me that Shaw can generate more momentum than Jones, despite likely having a shorter reach (see the Stefan Struve point) and absolutely no technique?

I feel silly for giving you time of day. I should've realise you were trolling from the very beginning, why else would you say such retarded, blatantly false shit?
>>
Even if you're strong as fuck there's technique in grabbing and holding onto someone. Leverage, grips, base, and other factors would make Shaw pretty worthless in a fight against the best in the world.

Have you ever tried to grab a high level grapplers wrist who doesn't want you to? I don't care how strong you are you won't be able to
>>
>>42599569
U obviously have never fought in your life faggot
>>
Wait, if it's a no-holds barred street fight, couldn't Jones just throw a quick teep to Shaw's balls and end it right there? It's not like Shaw knows what a front kick looks like, let alone how to check one.
>>
>>42600530
I'll put it like this, Jones would be no more likely to go out from a single punch to the jaw from Shaw than he would from taking the same punch from any of the fighters hes gone up against. You're seriously overestimating how much of an effect lifting has on punching power. Fighters known for their knockout ability almost always knockout with several, well placed punches, preferably with their opponent getting caught turning into their punch as it hits them. Even then, most of the time the knockout is more of a knockdown rather than an out-cold knockout. People, especially those in a profession where a good chin is almost a necessity, are not nearly as easy to knock out cold as you think.
>>
File: 9 11.jpg (103KB, 714x537px) Image search: [Google]
9 11.jpg
103KB, 714x537px
>>42599569
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWICXeRH8U

Ahem.
>>
>>42599569
>>42600089
>this is what powerfatties actually believe

embarrassing
>>
File: jonesvscormier.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
jonesvscormier.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Jon Jones easy
>>
I don't care how much you lift, a punch to the face is a punch to the face. Brock Lesnar is a freak but his striking is shit compared to his wrestling. On top of that, I guarentee you shaw probably would be predictable with his movements which fighters are trained to react to accordingly.

https://youtu.be/23LR6pWEpKU
>>
>>42599526
Are you actually mentally challenged?
>>
File: asp_vs_janitor_0.webm (3MB, 619x480px) Image search: [Google]
asp_vs_janitor_0.webm
3MB, 619x480px
>>42599569
>>
>>42600903
Are you? Jones would merc any heavyweight non-fighter. Hell, he'd merc most of the heavyweight fighters, aside from maybe Cain and Stipe.
>>
Why is this board so insecure when lifting is "threatened".

Shaw can outlift Jones
Jones going out fight Shaw

Lifting heavy weights doesn't make you the best at everything fitness-related
>>
>>42600943
Because they want lifting to do everything. Make them a fighter, get laid, people like them, etc.
>>
>>42599515
in a sufficiently small space, like a bathroom, Shaw wins 8/10 or so. No room to maneuver or circle, striking is limited, Shaw would likely ram Jones into a wall or lay on him and that's gg. Anywhere that's not a small enclosed area, Jones wins >9/10.
>>
>>42600869
Dc does the reverse cm punk
>>
File: Lebron_Laughing.webm (334KB, 702x530px) Image search: [Google]
Lebron_Laughing.webm
334KB, 702x530px
>>42599569
>>
>>42600914
who would win in a fight, puny 400 lb brian shaw vs 600 lb, sumo wrestling champ emmanuel yarbrough?
>>
>>42599569
>He will literally push his thumbs into his eye sockets
Ummm, you got this backwards sweety pie. That's what Jones would do
>>
>>42599569
>Shaw just has to grab him and it's game over
Jones is faster, has miles better conditioning and even has a significant reach advantage. He has been taken down like twice in his entire career. If other world class fighers are unable to do it, why would Brian Shaw be successful?

>No amount of skill can overcome an almost 100 pound weight difference
lmao yes it can, especially when were talking about untrained VS GOAT fighter.

>>42600292
>>42600536
>bear hug Jones off his feet until his rips crack!
>He can literally snap Jones ankle in half by squeezing it
All these imply he would get a hold of Jones, which he most probably wouldn't.

>>42600406
>What would happen if Brian Shaw were to happen to grab a leg kick with both hands and
You make it sound like it's easy. There's a reason his kicks don't get caught even by other world class fighters, so once again, why would an untrained powerlifter be able to do it?

>>42600530
>You should look up what momentum is
Shaw's telegraphed ass punches wouldn't hit Jones, his only chance is grappling into ground & pound. In order to do this he has to close the distance, and in the transition between those states Jones has several opportunities to strike and/or create more distance. Being nice enough to say that Shaw wouldn't get knocked out standing already in the beginning, his unconditioned ass would tire after a couple of failed takedown attempts, and after that he would get picked apart.
>>
>>42599515
if Shaw threw some fried chicken and weed on the floor, Jones would be occupied long enough for Shaw to OHP him to death.
>>
>>42600943
This is a 'fitness" that only talks about lifting and bodybuilding when those things aren't the core of health or fitness
If anyone posts the body of a real athlete they get shunned as begin DYEL
They think cardio kills gains
Half the board doesn't even care about strength and just wants to look pretty
Their ideal body is a stubby bodybuilder who can't move for shit
People here are too autistic to do real sports, they're all nonathletic as fuck too
What do you expect?
>>
File: 1503059341390.jpg (90KB, 670x566px) Image search: [Google]
1503059341390.jpg
90KB, 670x566px
>itt: fat powerlifters that believe their superior strength will win from technique and experience with dealing/taking all kinds of powerful blows

I train for strength as well, but damn, seeing that powerlifter get straight up murdered makes me think twice about fighting mma dyels.
>>
>>42599515
jon
>>
>>42600089
cringe
>>
>>42599569
>confirmed for never watching early UFC
>>
>>42600089

>ignoring the fact that weight classes have existed in every combat sport for a reason

also confirmed for never watching early UFC
>>
>>42599526
Shaw IS 6'8 and I think almost 400 lbs.

Two of that smaller guy would still get owned
>>
>>42600469
6'8 over 400lbs one of the strongest men ever is not your average fat fuck
>>
>>42601650

1. go to Google
2. type in sumo vs karate
3. watch the videos that come up
4. ???
5. PROFIT

>>42601670

and Jones is just an average guy right anon?
>>
>>42599569
Is this how you justify being a fat guy who refuses to lose weight?
>>
>>42600172
best explanation i've seen
>>
>>42601251
brian shaw has immense conditioning for strongman. have you seen the guys explosiveness? supertraining has a vid of brian on the rowing machine and he smashes it. to lift huge amounts of weight you need to be explosive. it'll be nice to see jones be keg tossed 50ft into the air.
>>
https://youtu.be/Q8vo7I71tAw

I rest my case
>>
>>42600172
nope a powerlifter is way different than anything wsm does. wsm isnt about static strength. that why eddie hall had such a hard time getting the title. wsm is timed and you have to be explosive. shaw is extremely explosive. jon jones more like jon "bones broken and rolled up into an atlas stone" jones.
>>
>>42602038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVl0Zt-kZys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qyVcd82pDM

brian shaw is nothing like that fat fuck
>>
>>42600869
what the fuck was the refereee doing? end that shit
>>
>>42602026
>immense conditioning for a strong man
>for a strong man

you just proved yourself wrong. heavyweights who actually train to fight tend to gas during fights, especially if they're going all out each round. what makes you think a man who's much heavier than they are will fare any better? if this fight came down to endurance/conditioning, jones's very probable victory would turn become a definitive one.
>>
>>42599569
>>42600089
>>42600292
>>42600406
>>42600530
please keep this up, it's thoroughly entertaining
>>
>>42602124
Probably wanted to give DC every chance possible to recover knowing how important that fight was to him
>>
>>42602146
I guess but the fight was over the moment jj hit that first headkick
>>
>>42602103
>B-but he can row and toss kegs!

Delusional
>>
File: Chad to end all Chads.png (654KB, 567x664px) Image search: [Google]
Chad to end all Chads.png
654KB, 567x664px
>>42600817

>ywn kill a 250lb man with a spinning hook kick
>>
>>42602124

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JebJ6RduIBQ

>you
>>
>>42602026
>>42602103
>immense conditioning for strongman
Rowing really hard for 13 seconds is impressive for his size I guess but it is nothing compared to the conditioning required to spend multiple rounds in a ring, and it won't do shit for him in a fight.

>it'll be nice to see jones be keg tossed 50ft into the air.
Once again implying he would even be able to get a good enough hold of Jones to utilise his strength effectively, which is not very likely. Jones has hundreds of weapons to keep opponents at reach, and terrible elbows when things get intimate. What is more likely is that Shaw would be sitting on the floor wincing in pain with a broken knee after receiving one too many oblique kicks when trying to close the distance.
>>
>>42599515
The one who hits first
>>
In a fight to the death I think Shaw would win, yes jones is obviously the superior fighter and would murder him any day of the week in a ring, but in a fight to the death I feel like as many hits as jones gave shaw, all shaw has to do is get ahold of jones a single time and he will kill him. I've seen the early gracie mma shit but again that is all in a ring. CN you even do a submission as jones against a guy like shaw? The strength difference is so huge I feel like shaw could just muscle out of an arm bar.
>>
>>42602239

What is your obsession with that guy. He doesn't look like a chad
>>
>>42602239
Sage is a fucking dork desu
>>
>>42602103
he did that for literally less than 15 seconds so you think he's got the gas tank to go with someone like JJ.
this place is fucking retarded and doesn't know shit about anything beyond me pick up heavy thing and put it back down
>>
>>42602279
you think shaw can bicep curl about 600lbs?
in a real fight shaws eyes would get gouged out, his legs would be broken, then he'd got to the ground, get his limbs broken, choked out and literally die
>>
>>42602279
>I feel like as many hits as jones gave shaw, all shaw has to do is get ahold of jones a single time and he will kill him
Being big does not make you able to withstand multiple punches from a trained fighter. In the exact same way one good punch will be enough to rock him and send him tumbling with the barrage that follows
>>
This thread makes me even sadder he got busted for roids again and that we'll never see him taking a huge dump over Brock Lesnars gay chest tattoo. Would shut many people in this thread up too
>>
These threads are always delusional MMA fags vs delusional powerlifter fags.

Nobody would win easily that's for sure
>>
>>42602439
Pretty much this.

I just feel like 200 lbs is too significant of a difference to ignore, I get it, jones is a god and can punch with the force of a thousand angry suns, but if the guy slips up once, lets him shaw get ahold of him, he will be crushed to death. Only way I see jones winning is sever trauma to the head
>>
>>42602461
please enlighten us on how shaw will "crush him to death". where does he apply his superhuman strength to do such a thing?
>>
>>42602439
I would only call those that would claim that any good fighter would be able to beat Brian Shaw delusional MMA fags. Jon Jones however is just as much a freak of nature as Shaw is, only in a different area, and in this case has all prerequisites to beat a much bigger guy. A bigger, slower guy with shorter reach and worse skills overall is a good matchup for Jones and his skillset, and my money would be on him.
>>
>>42602488
stop pretending like you can see how the fight plays out

until a fight like this actually happens nobody here holds the correct opinion
>>
>>42599569
It's actually more like a 200 pound weight difference.
>>
>>42602539
Think about that. Brian Shaw is like 2 men in 1
>>
>>42600067
In real life, 00:16 is where the fight would be over. All he has to do is squeeze really hard until he goes unconscious. Like seriously, what the fuck is that manlet going to do.
>>
>>42602529
what are you even saying? do you think jones and shaw are going to read this thread and go "fuck it, let's see who's right"? all I'm saying is that the people who think that shaw's just going to be able to break another man's bones by squeezing really hard, especially if the man is a professional fighter and actively fighting back, are delusional.
>>
>>42600914
That guy is fat as fuck though and has zero mobility.
>>
>>42602624
I think you meant to reply to >>42600067
>>
>>42602529
You retards are clueless. If strength and size was all that was needed Strongmen would just waltz in and dominate MMA fights. This isn't Game of Thrones.
>>
>>42602809
People seem to forget that the GoT fight was a sword vs spear fight.
>>
>>42602816
And that Oberyn cheated with poison. But then again, the Mountain is supposed to be superhumanly strong and fast as fuck for his size.
>>
>>42602898
>>42602816
And most importantly, the Mountain was a trained fighter, unlike Shaw.

This fight would be more like Jamie Lanister in his prime vs. Hodor in a duel.
>>
>>42599515
Jones would win that fight in less than 20 seconds
>>
>>42599569
>muh GoT
It's almost painful to talk to retards who think television shows are real. Jon Jones would easily wreck him, even mighty mouse would.
>>
>>42601251
>filename
>>
>>42599515
Jones just got tested positive for t-bol. If he would not be roiding he wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>42601495
Tbh that could have happened to an amateur MMA fighter too. Even pros sometimes catch a kick to the head
>>
>>42602954
Yeah, cause Brian Shaw is totally natty, right?
>>
>>42603126
Are you trying to be sarcastic? Ofcourse he's natty he's in the top of humanity, you're just jealous that he works harder than you.
>>
>>42602624
He's a sumo wrestler
>>
>>42603126
Maybe not, but I am pretty positive he hasn't been on any cycles lately. Unlike Jones who literally tested positive for tbol after UFC 214
>>
>>42602954
2/10
>>
File: arquetipos-1[1].jpg (107KB, 482x612px) Image search: [Google]
arquetipos-1[1].jpg
107KB, 482x612px
>>42599515
Son goku wins every fight Superman can't even compete.

Oh wait we're discussing something else
>>
>>42602933
>even mighty mouse would.
lmao okay I'm team Jones but lets not get ahead of ourselves here
>>
>>42599515
Who wud win fite u guys?
The fiter man or the fat man?
>>
>>42599569
https://vimeo.com/156067156
11 minutes in
Sumo fighter gets fucked
>>
>>42600495
If it was just some average powerlifter, then I would say the fighter. But this is Brian Shaw. Guy could most likely literally rip your arm off given he's in the right position and he's doing it like a deadlift. I'd say Shaw
>>
200lb weight difference.
5" height difference.

If shaw could hit him once it would be game over.
>>
File: 1502279937666.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502279937666.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>42602933

Nigga what?

I get Jones having a shot cause he's 6'4 but c'mon

Mighty mouse is fucking 5'3 125 pounds.

At.some point sheer size and brute strength beats skill. Can Jones kill an adult silverback gorrilla in a fistfight?
>>
>>42604495
They wouldn't fight because they're pretty much family
>>
>>42603907
Superman heems your boy. Sorry m8
>>
>>42604176
You know lifting heavy doesn't necessarily mean you'll punch hard, right? He could definitely give him a run for his money if Shaw knew wrestling though
>>
>>42604495
MM is 125 at weigh in. most flyweight fighers are @ 145-155 offseason weight.
>>
File: mfw homer.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
mfw homer.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>42603355
>>42603879
>>
>>42604495
Jones doesn't have a "shot". He literally destroys Shaw and any other untrained strongman or powerlifter.
>>
The only thing that Shaw has against him is that he's not a blackbelt in bjj and a bunch of other shit. If he understood the finer points of rule-based fighting to an even amateur extent they wouldn't allow the two to fight a sanctioned match because the power difference would just be too much for Jones to take.
>>
>>42604495
>Can Jones kill an adult silverback gorrilla in a fistfight?

No, and neither can Shaw.
>>
File: superwalks.jpg (71KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
superwalks.jpg
71KB, 680x798px
>>42603907
lmao fucking weebs
>>
File: cia2.jpg (5KB, 240x238px) Image search: [Google]
cia2.jpg
5KB, 240x238px
>>42604988
>the only thing Shaw has against him in this fight is that he can't fight
>>
Brian Shaw is literally too heavy to run at pace
>>
>>42604984
Again you faggots keep underestimating how fucking powerful Shaw is. Strongmen are incredibly explosive they don't perform static lifts. Shaw can LITERALLY decapitate that cokehead
>>
File: listen.jpg (44KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
listen.jpg
44KB, 442x341px
>>42605103
So can Jones. Being big doesn't make your chin stronger. The difference is that Jones knows how to hit, he knows how to read body language for telegraphed punches, kicks and takedown attempts, and he won't gas 30 seconds into the fight.

Pudzianowski is one of the greatest ever Strongman winners and he sucks as a fighter. Shaw would do even worse because he doesn't have his training and he'll gas extremely quick due to his size and weight.
>>
>>42605103
this. shaw would grab his head, press into his eye sockets and make jones head FUCKING EXPLODE
>>
>>42605151
Pudz and Jones fight is more realistic. Someone finished the 8ball and won't fess up
>>
>>42604495
>At.some point sheer size and brute strength beats skill
Someone literally linked a video with a 600lb sumo wrestler getting brutalized by a 170lb MMA fighter.
>>
>>42599515
Shaw would win bc he would get confused and just bear hug him.

Jones would struggle to break free from Brian Shaw's soft fluffy sweaty embrace, but eventually he would fatigue and get smothered in Shaw's loving clasp. His chin hairs tickling Jon's head.

I guess technically it's not a bad way to go...bc for the first time in Jon Jones' life, the moment of his death, he will know what it is like to be truly loved for who he is...

So it's kinda a tie
>>
>>42605215
169lbs you scrub
>>
>>42605215
Yeah but Shaw is all muscle. It means he can hit harder and move faster. He won't tire out even if he's sprinting.

One glancing touch from any man who deadlifts 800+lbs has lethal power
>>
>>42605103
He wouldn't even be able to fucking hit him without getting jabbed to pieces
>>
>>42605248
>He won't tire out even if he's sprinting.
Compared to a sumo wrestler who has to wrestle for several rounds? What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
The real question is:

Would any of them be able to beat Wilt Chamberlain? He was insanely strong (benched 500lbs), explosive af and he has a reach advantage of the likes which this planet hasn't seen before.

Wilt would toast them both in a 1v1
>>
>>42599569
Idiot
>>
>>42605248
>He won't tire out even if he's sprinting
In the video posted earlier he's breathing mouth open from 20 seconds of rowing
>>
>>42600967
This, look at any CBT. It's not always the most aesthetic bodies are the most athletically capable. They have crossover obviously, and usually the fittest people in the world are at least some type of aesthetic. But the average poster on this board lifts for sure or pure strength and forgo any actual conditioning work.
>>
>>42605279
How can you pit a giant vs a man? That is not fair!
>>
>>42602279
Size does not benefit your ability to take a punch. Some untrained powerlifter could easily would just take a headkick and already either be down or on the ropes.
>>
>>42605248
You're all acting like JJ is some random dyel. The guy is among the GOAT of fighters, and on top of that deadlifts over 600lbs without strength training even being his priority. The guy has power and hits fucking hard. Being 400lbs doesn't make you immune to punches.
>>
you guys thinking that jon jones would win forget that brian shaw is literally one of the strongest man in the world, he can dumbbell press the weight of jon jones for reps, its almost impossible to imagine the damage his full strength on a fight would do. its those kind of guys that can literally slap you and you die
>>
>>42605395
this, he'll dumbell press jon jones to death
>>
>>42605395
Being good at lifting things up and putting them down means fuck all in a fight. Go to your local mma gym and challenge one of their experienced fighters that is a dyel manlet that you think you have enough of a weight and strength advantage against. You will realise you don't know shit about fighting
>>
>>42605427
yeah, a guy that is 200lbs heavier, 5" taller, that is at least twice as strong as you, can lift your bodyweight over his head with one hand several times in a row isn't a treat at all, i bet he would teleport behind him and say "nothing personal kid"
>>
File: 5718724947808551036.jpg (38KB, 558x419px) Image search: [Google]
5718724947808551036.jpg
38KB, 558x419px
>>42605330
Life isn't fair

*Tips fedora*
>>
>>42605279
Wilt would fuck both these faggots up at once in a 1v2. He is bigger AND stronger.
>>
>street fight

So Jones just eye pokes him, pushes his knees in, and rocks his jaw around. Not much of a contest.
>>
>>42605456
yeah, but if you really think anyone in the world would have a easy time agains a guy 200lbs heavier and 5" taller and that not only that but he is also the strongest man in the world and very fit you're delusional, if you also think that the strongest man on earth would punch like a weaboo highschool kid you're also delusional. even with the worst technique his punch would be ridiculously strong and his hand is also bigger than a regular persons head.
i'm not saying brian would easily win, but you guys don't seem to understand that this isn't your regular gym powerlifter, this is the strongest man on earth that is also 100kg heavier and 15cm taller
>>
>>42602624
Most bodybuilders have zero mobility and get tired walking up the stairs.
>>
>>42605490
Yeah and an undefeated MMA world champion, who trains daily in order to be as good a FIGHTER as possible is no threat to your gay idol either. The fight would turn out in the way that Jon hits Shaw with his poisoned spear, getting cocky and showboating until Shaw grabs him and overhead dumbbell presses his skull!! Then he gets sick and almost dies of the potion (JJ is such fucking SCUM) but returns with blue skin in a big armor and is able to set a new deadlift PR, YEAH
>>
>>42605577
you don't understand that lifting strength has literally nothing to do with punching strength. tyson didn't touch weights

he'll punch as hard as any other 400lb-er who doesn't know how to punch. not that it matters cause he's slow and predictable and every punch would get slipped, if he ever got in range and didn't get his legs kicks out

reach matters more than height and jones has a 7'ft reach
>>
File: 1362283633934.png (11KB, 157x151px) Image search: [Google]
1362283633934.png
11KB, 157x151px
>>42605577
>>42605490
Curious as to why you keep mentioning his height when it is completely irrelevant. Weight and wingspan matter, but height only matters insofar as it affects those two categories. You sound like a DYEL lanklet who thinks he's hot shit
>>
>>42605577
I'm not negating his punching power. That shit is probably out of this world. The problem is that the punches from an untrained person are so telegraphed that a good fighter can see them coming from miles away. Punching well isn't about brute strength, it's about being able to balance power, speed and precision.

Shaw may be a freak of nature but so is Jones. 5" shorter than Shaw he still has a significant reach advantage and if you're familiar with him you'll know he's among the best in the world at utilising it. Shaw would get picked apart
>>
>>42605621
>tyson didn't touch weights
he did lift and was pretty strong.
>he'll punch as hard as any other 400lb-er who doesn't know how to punch.
YOU'RE telling me that a 400lb strongman can punch as strong as tyson, that is strong enough to knock anyone of
>>42605622
punching upwards is much harder than punching downwards, its easier to block punches coming from below.
>>
File: 1464639042442.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1464639042442.png
28KB, 186x208px
>>42605660
>punching upwards is much harder than punching downwards
what
>>
>>42605672
You have way more muscle groups to use punching up than down. On top of that, getting a clean chin shot Goin upwards rocks a person way harder than a downward strike
>>
>>42605655
i agree with this, it would be hard to land punches on a fighter, but fighters do get punched and knocked out by "weak" punches too.
Brian also has a huge reach though, and i'm not saying it would be a easy fight
>>
File: 1445314439372.jpg (108KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
1445314439372.jpg
108KB, 600x369px
>>42605660
>punching upwards is much harder than punching downwards, its easier to block punches coming from below.
Please don't tell me you think this is because of gravity
>>
>>42605660
Cus didn't believe in lifting weights and tyson didn't really do it tilll after prison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQl52Cj8bk

here he is quarter squatting 2pl8, it doesn't mean shit
>>
>>42605279

hahahah you are delusional if you think you can ever bench press even 4 plates with over 7ft wingspan. The leverages are fucking immense
>>
>>42605704
Isn't that the opposite of what he's saying?
>>
>>42605736
yeah, i totally believe a jacked guy never lifted weights, also jeff seid is natty too
>>
>>42602559
it's baffling how nobody sees this. thor just had to drop on him at 00:16 and gregor would be fucked, fight over. I wonder if all the people are trolling or really this stupid.
>>
File: 6hutd4.jpg (29KB, 283x357px) Image search: [Google]
6hutd4.jpg
29KB, 283x357px
>>42605784
everyone sees it, but no one is commenting because they're weren't actually fighting each other and it has nothing to do with the thread you fucking moron
>>
>>42599569
>Shaw just has to grab him

top tier wrestlers cant even grab him
>>
File: 1503340182970.jpg (209KB, 459x790px) Image search: [Google]
1503340182970.jpg
209KB, 459x790px
>>42605767
http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175530&start=25

Check "physical all round strength"

You are the delusional one
>>
File: tumblr_maz7q5xpd01qe1x8qo1_1280.jpg (156KB, 769x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maz7q5xpd01qe1x8qo1_1280.jpg
156KB, 769x1000px
>>42605871
Wrong image
>>
>>42605783
Tyson didn't lift weights. He was naturally big, did body weight work, hit the heavy big, steroids too sure.
Lifting isn't the all and end all of fitness, and it's not the only way to get get jacked.
Amir Khan deadlifts literally under 100lbs and still hits hard, despite being washed up as fuck
GGG does minimal weight training and is p4p one of the hardest punchers ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Y7_Ekj9GI
>>
>>42605871
A man with wingspan over 7ft can't fucking bench 2x his bodyweight while being a dyel. Heck a 7ft man will never bench big numbers. Even if he weighed 600 lbs
>>
streetfight? shaw
MMA hokey rules? jones
/thread

>>
File: 1503391688912.png (612KB, 2118x1218px) Image search: [Google]
1503391688912.png
612KB, 2118x1218px
>>42605926
You're being ignorant, he was a freak of nature. He could bench 500lbs, Arnold said so. You're being a sour puss
>>
Fightfags are the fucking worst. The true fedora tippers of the fitness community.

Newsflash, retards. Life isn't a movie. I know you saw the movie Troy once and loved how brad pitt took down the giant but real life doesn't work like that. Shaw has 200 lbs on the guy and has height and width. Weight classes exist for a reason. Stay mad, betas.
>>
>>42599529
/thread/
>>
>>42600092
This
>>
File: 1365451172108.jpg (6KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1365451172108.jpg
6KB, 249x249px
>>42600092
>think inside a crowded bar
Did you think this would be a realistic scenario or something? How often do you think fights break out inside of crowded bars without both dudes being immediately dogpiled?
>>
>>42599920
Love how everyone skips over this. Perfect example that some say is impossible
>>
>>42605199
Jones would rape Pudzianowski
>>
>>42606196
Well that guy is 120kg. Brian shaw is around 190kg and almost 7 feet tall. Big difference there.
>>
File: P10002183[1].jpg (76KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
P10002183[1].jpg
76KB, 1000x1333px
>>42600089
Jesus Christ /fit/ is retarded.

Here's a question. If what you are saying is true, why do Super Heavyweights in the UFC never go above 240 pounds?

Why is there not 300 pound+ men dominating the UFC?

Why are insanely tall fighters like Schemy Schilt, who uses his size and reach to win fights, still not 400 pounds if it would make them win more?

Schemy Schilt is 6'7, which is similar to Brian Shaw, but he chooses to weigh only 287 pounds. Why do you think this is?
>>
>>42606086
>Weight classes exist for a reason

Yeah, to equalize the field for TRAINED fighters. Shaw isn't trained. He gets jabbed to pieces with in 30 seconds.
>>
>>42606236
After 110-115kg weight becomes more of a hinderence in a fight. Shaw will gas after 20-30 seconds and then he's dead. Plus he's slow as fuck as so his strikes will never ever land.
>>
>>42605248
You obviously don't know anything about Sumo Wrestling, but they are at similar strength levels as strongmen. Go look at Sumo Wrestlers beat 240 pound super heavyweights like Alistar Overeem in strength context. Overeem can deadlift over 600 pounds for reps btw.
>>
>>42605728
It will be an easy fight - for Jon Jones.

If being massive was all it took guys like Shaw and Hafthor would be dominating MMA in addition ot strength competitions. In reality they're too slow and gas too quickly to be a threat to any competent heavyweight fighter.
>>
>>42606086
>Weightclasses exist for a reason

Because regulations. UFC did not originally have weightclasses and during this time the largest person often times did not win.

In fact, almost always the guy who could just submit people won by almost breaking their arm, regardless of size, which is why there is such a focus on submissions in the UFC.
>>
>>42606249
Cause murder is illegal.
>>
>>42606288
being slow walker =/= slow arm movement
more muscles in arm just makes you hit even harder
MUSCLES DO NOT SLOW YOU DOWN
>>
>>42606086
>Newsflash, retards. Life isn't a movie
>But a fight between a bigger and smaller guy will end up like in muh Game of Thrones episode
>>
>>42606618
no
>>
>>42606618
Neither do they make you a good puncher
>>
>>42606650
exactly
slow big guy is a myth
Only reason why Shaw is slow is cause of leg injuries.

But the point of this thread is which one can kill the other with their bare hands.
Not beat the other under a set or rules.
>>
>>42604995
Shaw is literally as strong as a silverback gorilla.
>>
>>42606665
>leg injuries
Thanks, another reason why Shaw would be having a bad time against JJ added to the list
>>
>>42606665
no. you're fucking wrong
>>
>>42606618
If you're seriously trying to argue that Shaw is anywhere near Jones in speed you should just kys.
>>
File: kill yourself.jpg (60KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.jpg
60KB, 878x814px
>>42606693
>>
>>42606765
MUSCLE YOU DENSE FUCK. MUSCLE MOVES LIMBS. SHAW HAS MORE MUSCLE. HE'S FASTER END OF STORY
>>
>>42606618
>>42606665
Muscles absolutely do slow you down if you never trained for speed and technique. Shaw doesn't have those quick snapping punches that pro fighters do.
>>
>>42606791
I know this is bait, but there's a difference between fast twitch and slow twitch fibers, and Shaw has the latter.
>>
Shaw doesnt stand a chance aginst any top 5 heavyweight, lightheavy weight or middle weight ufc fighter. Now shaw vs woodley would be interesting, but woodley probably takes it 8 times out of 10.
>>
>>42604495
>comparing a large and strong man to an animal with a significantly denser muscle and bone structure
Even a female gorilla would laugh off a punch from either one of these chuckle fucks before it took their heads off with a swing, let alone a silverback in its prime.
>>
>>42606791
Anon confirms elephants run faster than Cheetahs.
>>
Can we ban these posts, and all non lifting related posts too
This is bodybuilding board, power lifters and strongmen sometimes welcome, everyone else can fuck off
>>
File: 1503412828795.gif (3MB, 595x461px) Image search: [Google]
1503412828795.gif
3MB, 595x461px
>>42607227
Fuck off baiting memelord
>>
>>42606791
If muscles just universally increased speed proportionate to their size forever larger animals would always be faster than smaller animals absolutely and pound for pound you fucking dense cunt.
>>
>>42606249
Schemmy is like 6'11".
>>
>>42607275
Yes, he is, I don't know why the fuck I typed 6'7
>>
>>42606791
Weight (and energy expenditure) increases near-exponentially with size. There is a happy middle ground in the animal kingdom, above which it becomes increasingly inefficient to pack on more weight. Biological material has a limit to how much it can support
>>
>>42599920
What this video doesn't show is the pack of feral niggers attacking him on and off for an hour before hand. Blacks should be shot.
>>
>>42600089
That's a whole lot of "if"s that would never fucking happen because Jones is one of the best in the world at making sure that none of those things happen to him
>>
>>42607559
This was in Russia, you mongoloid.
>>
>>42599569
have you ever watched earlier UFC matches? watch them, you are going to see that a trained martial artist can destroy and untrained BIG GUY. If the big guy is trained though, the smaller one must be world class martial artist or he won't win
>>
>>42602279
shaw would gass out and jon will sieze that oportunity and put him out for good.
>>
File: jones_kicks_vitor_in_the_jesus.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jones_kicks_vitor_in_the_jesus.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
The power of Jon's chicken legs
>>
>>42607227
Is your manhood threatened knowing weightlifting doesn't do shit in matters of self defense
>>
in a street fight depends....

any untrained idiot could get off a wild haymaker and manage to hit either one of them in the jaw, causing a KO

Just have to strike first and fast

in a street fight where theyre both alert..

depends if the 400lb strongman can rush in quickly and grab him. fall on top of him, headbutt him etc

the mma fighter obviously could throw punched and use his technique and skill to evade him. A couple of blows to the head and the strongman is severely dazed or knocked unconscious
>>
BJJ is designed to beat a bigger untrained guy
>>
File: SWEDEN 2018.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SWEDEN 2018.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Holy fuck you guys are delusional first up Jones has a great reach advantage and impeccable striking. He would jab the fuck out of Brian Shaw and throw side kicks.

If Shaw luckily clenched up Jones that it would be a different story.
>>
>>42599515
shaw

sure, technique and experience means a lot but the strength and size gap is just WAY too big.
if shaw gets a hand on him or they start grappling it's a wrap
>>
>>42600067
literally wrecked within 20 seconds in a real brawl
>>
>>42607269
They are?
Ever seen a gorrila?
Alpha lions?
Stronk as fuck male horses?
Look up bull elephants or whatever they're called, even those run fast and strong as fuck.
>>
>>42601251
Stop making sense man, /fit/ will get angry
>>
You guys make it sound like Shaw will easily get a hold of Jon like he will stand there. If pro fighters aren't quick enough to wrestle fuck him, Shaw is definitely not
>>
>>42608391
he's kicking a dude half the size of shaw
>>
>>42611742
Imagine that landing on the face
>>
File: 1500700210546.jpg (34KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1500700210546.jpg
34KB, 657x527px
>>42606791
>all muscle is the same
Ooowee
>>
>>42609593
>this is what people who have never been in a fight actually believe
>>
>>42606249

No you're retarded, there is a 265lb weight limit, and Brock was definitely near that during at least a few fights. So your first point is a blatant lie or you're just retarded.
>>
>>42606166
Okay then how about in a prison cell?

Bars and prisons are probably where 90% of the worlds fights take place anyway.
>>
>>42612357
That's now. Brock used to fight at 285.
>>
>>42612374
Not that guy, but I bet money Shaw has never been in a fight in his entire life. He'll freeze up and get wrecked.
>>
>>42599526
>>42599515
Shaw. Too tall for Jones to eyepoke, and Shaw can just grab his head and twist.
>>
how would a gentle giant who's never been in a fight in his like fare against a trained fucking killer who's also a genuinely bad person and doesn't give a fuck about hurting people?
>>
>>42612357
You do know Fighters gain like 20 lb after weigh-ins
>>
How retarded is this place? You guys say "Shaw can just" like Jon Jones won't do anything.
>>
Again, here is a huge world champ powerlifter literally getting killed by a smaller mixed martial artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWICXeRH8U
>>
>>42599515
Jones would absolutely murder that guy. How many kicks that hyperextend the knee do you think Shaw can withstand? Besides, Jones walks around at like 250lbs
>>
>>42606808
nope shaw has fast twitch. its how he can lift all that weight and be so explosive.
>>
>>42606791
Speed in a fight is different from the kind of speed Brian Shaw has. It's just your nervous system being efficient with the movements you do in a fight such as punching, slipping, rolling, kicking and being able to react quickly to your opponents actions. Plus the kinds of movementd you do in a fight is insanely different from what you do in strongman. It's twisting in your hips and torso that generates power and speed in a punch. You don't really train those kind of movements in strongman. Like, technically the kind of speed you need to throw a punch doesn't really have to do anything with muscles. Extending your arm out quickly from a relaxed position is easy and takes no energy. What really limits you is having to get your momentum from shoulder snap and from a twisting motion in your hips. And to get a knockout, you need to conceal your intentions in a way, make your opponent not see the punch coming making it harder for him to brace up for it, turning your body into the strike. It's very very technical. It's not really speed, it's being sneaky. That's a hella tough skill to pick up, it requires both great command over your own body as well as intelligence. Not necessarily book smarts, but more like fighting game smarts.
>>42612535
I feel like Jones' personal issues don't really make him a better fighter. Hell, he got his titles stripped away for his drug use recently, his drug and drinking problems got him into fucking car accidents. I think that you can't really be truly the best fighter you could be without developing your character. There is a bit of truth to the eastern approach to martial arts as a tool for developing yourself.
>>
>>42614424
Jones has never been defeated, fool. If he didn't get popped with tbol he would be on his way to dominating the heavyweight category (he and DC already fight at 220 anyway). Jon is a legit sociopath and he would take Shaw apart.
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.