[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think I'm cut out for weightlifting I tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: women-stereotypes.gif (158KB, 599x361px) Image search: [Google]
women-stereotypes.gif
158KB, 599x361px
I don't think I'm cut out for weightlifting

I tried weightlifting (SS routine as recommended by the sticky) and I nearly died.

I know plenty of women lift weights but maybe my genes are weak/inferior and I can't lift heavy things that much?

Also the anxiety of possibly dropping heavy weights on my foot or something and crippling myself.

I don't have friends so no one to spot check me.

Should I just stick to body weight exercises?
>>
>>42598746
>I tried weightlifting (SS routine as recommended by the sticky) and I nearly died
What did you do wrong?
>>
>>42598759
Even just the bar with no weights was heavy for me.
>>
>>42598746
> and I nearly died.
No you didn't, stick with SS. You just have anxiety.

>maybe my genes are weak/inferior and I can't lift heavy things that much?
Convenient excuse to blame shit out of your control. Just lift. Don't be embarrassed by using the lightest weights possible.

Being shit at something is the first step in being good at something.
>>
>>42598769
You're going to have to get creative. Use dumbbell variations until you can do the bar, and you will definitely be able to do the bar soon enough.

I am a 5'2" 105lbs grill, if I can you can as well!
>>
>>42598769
Use the lighter bar with a little weight.
>>
>>42598746
>maybe my genes are weak/inferior and I can't lift heavy things that much?
You're already looking to blame something that's not your fault, yes you are weak but mostly mentally weak
A lot of scrawny cunts start with the bar
>>
>>42598778
Do this. Find easier to do variations until you're strong enough for the regular stuff
>>
>>42598769
I was struggling with bench pressing the bar when I first started while kids were already doing one plate.
My deadlift as well as my squats were at 65lb.

I was embarrassed and I felt ashamed of my light weights. I thought every other guys at my gym were laughing and judging me while I was working out but turns out that was all in my head. We're all starting from somewhere anon and there is no shame in being weaker than the others. Just keep lifting until, there is no other way. By the time you feel your lifts are strong enough, you'll probably find yourself actually enjoying working out and you'll pursue on anyway.
>>
>>42598816
They were judging you, the true red pill is acknowledging and not caring
>>
>>42598746
>weightlifting

weightlifting is olympic weightlifting, not just any weight training

women can get strong, you were probably just lifting too much, put less weight on the bar
>>
>>42598769
Bro, nobody is born squatting 405lbs. You have to lift to be good at lifting. Did you complete school? Have you ever had a job for more than a week?
>>
Start lower
Regular bar is 20kg, which isn't nothing for a newbie female
Look into dumbells, pushups or even machines if you must
There's no excuse, even if starting is hard
>>
>>42598769
start lighter then. dumbbells are fine, goblet squats with a kettleball. my gym has small fixed-weight barbells usually meant for curls, I started with one of those for overhead press because the bar was too heavy for me for that

other lifts I started with the bar and thought I was going to die, my legs were so sore for four days straight after that I could barely walk or stand up on my own. but it was just that my body wasn't used to doing the movements at all. but once I got over that initial hurdle it was fine. been six weeks and at 125 squat and 185 deadlift (140lbs 5'7 gril). stick with it, it's worth it
>>
Ok thanks guys I will try dumbbell variations tomorrow
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.