[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to work on my lung capacity and running ability for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 0530_feat_running_w_asthma.jpg (50KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
0530_feat_running_w_asthma.jpg
50KB, 800x533px
So I want to work on my lung capacity and running ability for a couple reasons, I wanna increase and maintain my lung capacity/strength and beat back asthma a bit, and prove to myself that I could meet and exceed at least the aerobic standards of the Air Force's PFT.

I was thinking of running my way to these standards, but i don't wanna mess up my knees long term since i don't plan on ramping down. I'm thinking most of the cardio is done with cycling on bike or stationary, and elliptical, and i do a mile or two a week, gradually increasing distance to condition muscles involved in running? Would that work?
>>
File: uhuhuh.jpg (30KB, 608x229px) Image search: [Google]
uhuhuh.jpg
30KB, 608x229px
these are the standards btw
>>
if you run wrong, you WILL fuck your knees, hips or some other random shit.

Spend time working on form. That means at LEAST 10 minutes of planks every day, while you think about how your form is shit, and you should not run or you will fuck up your knees.

That means doing high knees, butt kicks, and mileage increases earned - which means measured and planned.

if you want to run better, run more. Would you rather worry about your knees, or be able to run the hardrock 100?
>>
Buy an incentive spirometer. Just use that every day ontop of working out.
/Thread
>>
>>42598009
and don't forget the fartleks.

faggot.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.