[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since sleep is so important to fitness, how about a sleep thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 38

Since sleep is so important to fitness, how about a sleep thread? How many hours do you get a night?
>>
>>42595639

sleep is the ultimate redpill. If you've never gone 2 weeks straight of getting 9+ hours a night you'll know what I'm talking about
>>
>>42595671
ever*
>>
How long should you give yourself to fall asleep?
>>
>>42595671
>needing to sleep for nine hours

keep guzzling them carbs m'goy
>>
I can never get more than 5-6 hours of shitty sleep. I usually wake up halfway through. What the fuck
>>
8 to 11
>>
>>42595639
7.5-8 feels good man
>>
i have never needed more than 5 hours of sleep

was pretty annoying as a kid because i would have to try and be quiet until everyone else was awake
>>
I've been taking a sleep formula pill that contains melatonin for a while now. I'm worried my body will stop naturally producing melatonin.
>>
5-6(unfortunately). every couple of days ill get a glorious 9 hours and feel amazing afterwards.

Fuck people who easily fall asleep like a rock
>>
>>42595694
do you honestly think thats true? got a source
>>
Yeah I think lack of good solid schedule of sleep is my problem. I often awake in the night to turn over a couple times, I remember it at least four times a night. I usually never wake up when I want to either. If my alarm isn't waking me it's my cat who relentlessly headbutts me for food. Even though he'll stop once I feed him its always a couple hours before I normally wake up.
>>
I think my problem is I give up if I'm not asleep in 15-20 minutes. What do you think?
>>
>drink hardcore Friday and Saturday nights
>handle (1.75 l) of vodka plus several 40's of malt liquor
>get maybe two hours of incredibly shitty sleep Sunday night
>woken up by night terrors several times (giant insects attacking me, my dead grandma screaming at me)
>cold sweats so bad I have to wash the sheets when I get home from work every Monday
>broke bedside table by falling on it while trying to sway away a giant hornet that would phase straight through my hands
>been doing this every weekend for about five months

Thinking about cutting back a bit.
>>
How the fuck do I get a good night sleep? I'll even take a damn pill and only sleep 5-6 hours.
>>
Reminder to install f.lux so you don't cuck your brain out of sleep chemicals.
You'll actually get tired when sitting on your computer instead of being wired.
>>
>>42596074
*swat away
>>
what interests me is how was the importance of sleep not driven into your skull as a kid? That shit was preached daily to me, now I get a resting 9 hours on average.

Being in sleep debt is so debilitating. The problem is some people never even experience this and miss out their entire life.

i need to look for the source but there was even a study done that got 30 people together and made them all sleep as much as they wanted for a month. after the month they all got out of sleep debt and would get a comfy 8 hours and feel great.

whats interesting is that after that month long cycle of catch up, most nights people would wake up at 2am feeling an extremely heaven-like state until falling back asleep. very interesting
>>
>h*cked my class schedule up so I have to spend 12 hours on campus a day
>commuter too
I'm sleepy, guys
>>
>>42596015
because you taught your cat that you will feed him if he ppesters you, is this so hard to see?
>>
>>42595864
Just close your eyes! XD
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>
>new neighbours move in, start diy
>don't know wtf they're doing but suddenly I get mice
>whoever said "quiet as a mouse" can go eat a dick, it's like an elephant stomping around and eating my walls
>wake up to frantic shuffling, sheets are moving, think there's a ghost, nope its a mouse
>investigate, there's a mouse hole directly underneath my bed
>you try sleeping with the fucking clangers using your room as their personal cardio circuit, haven't had more than a few hours for days

I'm currently in open warfare with the cunts, the problem is i'm in mouse central, its so bad here that along with one other city in the UK the companies who make mice and rat removal methods test them here first because if it works on these it'll work on any
>>
Ive been preaching this whole thread and ill stop now, but people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET ENOUGH SLEEP. my life feels so much better when I'm not sleepy its amazing.

lack of sleep leads to so many mental diseases later in life as well, but you should be doing it regardless
>>
>>42596164
Poison some peanut butter and put that shit around your house. Then get a snake to eat all the bodies. Then get a mongoose to kill the snake. Then get a dog to kill the mongoose. Congrats, you got a dog.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>tfw consistently go to bed and wake up at the same time for past two weeks
>tfw consistently sleeping for 8 hours
Good God damn this feels great
>>
>>42595703
I get 5 hours sleep total on average each night, sometimes as little as 3 hours of sleep a night
>>
File: 1443124810299.jpg (124KB, 700x807px) Image search: [Google]
1443124810299.jpg
124KB, 700x807px
>tfw cucked myself out of puberty by staying up late on the computer and sleeping and eating too little throughout my teens

If only I could go back...
>>
>>42596222

I can't use poison, I have a house rabbit who roams around. I'm setting up traps when I put him to bed, it's tedious to have to do this every night but i'm not risking him getting hurt.
>>
>>42595639
No more than 5 per night. I get up at 5 am because I work at 6 and I rarely ever get to sleep before 11pm
>>
5-7 hours. It's pretty shit
>>
I sleep as long as I need to which ends up being 7-9 hours
>>
>>42596330
This

7 hours if I'm very lucky and I get drunk as hell as soon as I'm done work and end up passing out early
>>
File: lumie_bodyclock.jpg (39KB, 1024x835px) Image search: [Google]
lumie_bodyclock.jpg
39KB, 1024x835px
I started using a light alarm in the mornings as it's winter here and dark when I wake up. The difference is amazing, having light in the room naturally brings you out of deep sleep and I wake up feeling much more refreshed.
I'm not a morning person at all but this helps for those shitty cold dark mornings.
>>
>>42596143
Nice meem :DD
>>
8 hours. End of thread. Get out.
>>
I try to get 7.5-8
but some days i can lay there for hours tired, but not able to sleep. Which nakes me nap after work the next day then fucks up my sleep cycle
>>
<7 hours

I used to get 8 but I stay up thinking about a girl who doesn't give a shit about me instead.
>>
>>42596369
>tfw employed and dont have enough time in a day to get 8 hours of sleep

Must be nice to be NEET and no daily errands or work
>>
I sleep around 11-12 hours and I'm trying to cut down on it some more until I get to 9 hours. It used to be even worse though.
>>
>>42596437
>but I stay up thinking about a girl who doesn't give a shit about me instead.
Are you me? That's exactly what I do plus constantly looking up girls on my phone
>>
>>42596475
What kind of job do you have? I work 12 hours a day so 12 hours of sleep isn't possible for me
>>
>>42596489
I'm still in college. And my earliest class on most days is around 10.
>>
>>42596162

sleep tight, pupper
>>
I literally fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and I sleep around 8/9 hours a night with no interruptions. I feel sorry for people who have trouble sleeping, I can't even imagine how frustrating it would be to not be able to fall asleep or randomly waking up in the middle of the night.
>>
I usually get 6.5-7, but I feel that I need 7.5-8 to feel fully rested.
>>
>>42596086
This.
>>
>>42596362
this + black out curtains has changed my life when I got a job waking me up at 5 or 4 am.

Plus I set my ac to turn off an hour before I need to wake up and in winter set my heater to low while sleeping and then set it to start going higher an hour before waking. It's just harder for me to get out of bed if it's cool for some reason.
>>
I'm seeing plenty of 7's which makes me feel better. But on average I sleep at least 7:30.
>>
>>42597263
Perfect IMO
>>
File: d33.jpg (35KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
d33.jpg
35KB, 600x657px
>>42596467
Not him but
>implying you're so busy you can't afford to go to bed at 11
>>
5 hours a day, i work 14hr shifts and after my commute im away from home for 15hrs
>>
>>42595639
Using sleep aka sleepAsAndroid
http://sleep.urbandroid.org/
set ideal to 7 hours and 10 minutes
the sleep deficit in the last two weeks is over 14 hours ;((
It records sudden noises and records+recognizes snoring. I've reduced snoring up to 99% (I didn't use a pillow. Yet pillow seems to fix it pretty much in my case)
It can anticipate the alarm if you're in a favourable sleep phase
it can play lullabies or mourning mating literal whales with binaural waves whilst monitoring your heart rate with a special buttplug
>>
File: features.png (83KB, 980x785px) Image search: [Google]
features.png
83KB, 980x785px
>>42598108
>it can play lullabies or mourning mating literal whales with binaural waves whilst monitoring your heart rate with a special buttplug
there's no brake on the bloat train
>>
How to make sure I get 8 hours every night? I always leave enough time (almost 10 hours) but sometimes I still don't get enough sleep.
I got flux on my computer and don't play games before bed. And whether I meditate or not, go to the gym that day or not, use the computer late at night or not, it doesn't seem to have a correlation on how much sleep I get.

The worst is to be sleepy the whole day and then be acrive at night. I don't know what to do about that and it happens a lot.
>>
if your sleep is shit try taking your omega-3 before bed. My sleep used to be garbage, wake up 2-3 times a night, took forever to fall asleep, but since I started taking omega-3 before bed I sleep really well. I'll usually still wake up once to take a piss but get back to sleep easy. I forget why I started doing this but it works really well.
>>
>>42598136
force yourself to go to bed and eventually you will get used to it. Also try to change your eating schedule to see if that helps
>>
does l-theanine help with sleep?

the last day of my weekend i have a hard time sleeping for some reason its like my mind wont shut the fuck up
>>
>>42598136
some stuff you can try:
melatonin 1 g 30 minutes before bed
taurine supplementation (without caffeine obviously) in the evening
no caffeine up to 8 hours before bedtime
wake up every day at the same hour no matter what
don't watch tv/monitor/table/smartphone up to 30 minutes before bedtime, no matter flux
read a book while you're in bed
don't smoke
keep your bedroom completely and utterly dark - if you can't, use a sleeping mask
keep your bedroom completely and utterly silent - if you can't, use earbuds or something
eat carbs in the evening
don't exercise before going to sleep
if anything else fails, fap yourself to sleep and cum in a sock so you don't have to walk up to the bathroom or something (ye olde cumrag socks, so many memories)
>>
>>42598237
>melatonin 1 g
*1 mg
>>
>>42598237
>1g of melatonin
>>
File: 461.png (532KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
461.png
532KB, 720x480px
>>42598237
These are all good ideas.
>>
I got one of those tracking clocks and it's actually pretty accurate measuring sleep. It's nice because some times one sleeps less than he things, and the other way around too.

I usually try to sleep around 7 hours at minimum. If I fail to do so then I take a nap later.
>>
4-5 during week 9-10 during weekend
>>
>>42596086
What Is f .lux?
What is
>>
>>42598316
adjusts color temperature based on sunset/sunrise
also disables blue light i believe late at night
>>
>>42596467
Fuck you. I'm not even that other anon and I work like 10-12 hour days because the marine corps is gay and I always get a constant 7-8 hours of sleep every night
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596310
I feel like I did the same, but as soon as I graduated high school, I started eating and lifting a ton, and I feel like I got a second puberty honestly. I grew over an inch and a half taller and my jaw and chin came in much better. What sucks though is the acne that came with it - even worse than what I had in high school. Starting accutane soon for that shit though so it's no problem really.
>>
>>42598237
Everything is pretty good apart from the melatonin. Personally, I wouldn't rely on it. If you take it every night, you'll build up a tolerance to it, and eventually the only way you will be able to fall asleep is if you've taken it.
>>
>taking seven courses this semester
>cut out caffeine after noon
>cut out alcohol entirely aside from a single glass of whisky every now and then
>every night roll into bed exhausted as fuck at 10pm
>wake up at 6am after a full night of restful sleep
>rinse and repeat
trick is no caffeine late, no alcohol late, stick to the same schedule every day, and to actually be tired from working all day. that and don't have insomnia and/or insane amounts of stress
>>
File: aca.jpg (38KB, 637x624px) Image search: [Google]
aca.jpg
38KB, 637x624px
Any tips on how to go early to bed? I know it sounds stupid but since I'll be getting a job in September I've been trying to get myself used to sleeping early and getting up early, tried it a couple of times but there's just no way, even if I lay down at 11 I stay awake and turn around until 3 or 4. Its been ages since I had a normal night of sleep, I usually stay up to 4 am then sleep until 12 in the morning and repeat, and the job will require me to get up at 7 at least and be at the workplace by 8.

How do I fix this shit.
>>
>>42598517
Wake up 30 minutes earlier and go to bed only 30 minutes earlier each day. Set an alarm if you have to. Don't do anything too exciting in the hour before bed.
>>
What should I do to keep my jaw from not sliding back when sleeping on my back? I snore terribly loud and often get woken up
>>
File: fit.png (529KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
fit.png
529KB, 1500x1500px
8 hours fairly consistently, I'm usually dead by the end of the day because I work out after work, so it's not that hard maintaining a consistent schedule.
>>
>>42596074
if you are drinking a handle plus 40s in 2 days then you should consider cutting back a bit. Alcohol kills gains. Especially sleep.
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42595864
LOL nigga how are sleep problems even real haha like just go to bed
>>
>>42595671
Went through serious bout of depression after a month of working shifts and awful sleep during the day time, worst time of my life.
>>
>>42598768
Get one of those mouth guards from Amazon, also very helpful for fixing poor jaw posture.
>>
I normally get 4-6 hours. Insomnia can be a real bitch sometimes but at least I can shitpost for a couple more hours than the normie posters.
>>
How do I stop drooling, I'm breathing through my nose most of the time awake but when I fall asleep I drool and its red like I was beaten
>>
Life would be amazing if I could get the same feeling of rest from 5 hours as 8 hours
>>
>>42595639
Try to get 8 a night, usually get 9. Is there any downside to too much sleep?
>>
>>42599705

I find I peak my energy at 7.5-8, and if I get 9 or more I just feel more sluggish even if I don't feel "tired" mentally

still feels too good to not sleep in on weekends
>>
>>42596086
latest version of ios for iphone has a nightmode pre installed for this reason. I got that shit turned on every night and fall asleep like a baby
>>
before I was sleeping 5-6 hours after my vacation been sleeping 8 hours. Funny thing is workouts have been a lot shorter now.
>>
Anyone else here actually feel worse when they get the full hours (((doctors))) recommend you do? Sleeping more just makes me want to keep on sleeping when I wake up, as opposed to sleeping a normal 4 hours and being ready to take on the day when I wake up.
>>
>>42599756
sleep cyles breh. average cycle takes 90 minutes to complete so you are probably waking up before completing a cycle and possible during deep rem sleep
>>
>>42599771
Did you reply to the wrong post? I am sleeping far more than 90 minutes.
>>
>>42599788
do you know what a cycle is?
>>
>>42599715
Do you wake up with an alarm or naturally?
>>
>>42599795
Of course I do, that doesn't make your logic any more retarded. Sleeping half an hour or two extra doesn't help, sleeping extra at all is what makes me feel tired.
>>
>>42599805
its not about the extra overall sleep its about completing a full 90ish minute cycle

so 1.5hr, 3hr, 4.5hr, 6hr, 7.5hr,

so if you sleep 4.5 hours you could feel better than 8 hours because you are out of the deep sleep state
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
S l 3e 3 p t 1 g h t p u p p e r reeee spam bot
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
>>42598237

To add to this - and to contradict the 'keep your bedroom completely and utterly silent' suggestion - definitely purchase a Dohm sound conditioner from Marpac. Soothing white noise to help you doze off. Be sure to order directly from their website, as there are many bullshit Chinese knock-offs on Amazon.
>>
I usually get 9ish hours but have been really inconsistent in what time I get to sleep and wake up. Thinking of just waking up at 430 in the morning everyday to get my gym work done before work
>>
>>42596122
My father was abusive and didn't understand that kids needed more sleep than adults, so he would only let me have 6 hours of sleep a night, and I'm basically fucked now.
>>
All you fucks getting 9 hours of sleep.

>Do you do nothing with you life?

I average 3-5 during my work week and weekends I might get an extra hour.

I wake up naturally at 04:30 almost every day, no later then 7 even if i went to sleep at like 2 or 3am
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
I usually get at least 8 a night sunday-thursday nights but on weekends my methylone habits keep me up all weekend.

Anyone know of any remedies for ecstasy induced insomnia?
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
Faggot superstition

just eat right, workout, and sleep.

damn
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
File: 20170822_225953.jpg (37KB, 917x503px) Image search: [Google]
20170822_225953.jpg
37KB, 917x503px
>>42595639
im pretty erratic...
>>
>>42600238
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awfMx1JmWSc
just end me already ffs
>>
>>42595639
Anybody else have the problem where you consistently wake up in the middle of the night and it's hard to go back ?
I have this and it fucks with my recovery since I'm not in REM for a long time
How to fix
>>
File: 56.jpg (158KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
158KB, 750x745px
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
File: 1489548045939.jpg (213KB, 1000x729px) Image search: [Google]
1489548045939.jpg
213KB, 1000x729px
>>42595639
I slept 4 hours a day for a whole year.
Worst time of my life.
Now I sleep 8-10 hours a day and never have been feeling so good before.
It's crazy how people don't take sleep seriously.
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
File: IMG_1824.png (384KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1824.png
384KB, 500x500px
>>42596310
>tfw accutane permanently dried out my lips and my growth plates at an early age
i didnt stand a chance
>>
File: 1502918001856.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502918001856.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>sick
>eating shit
>cant sleep
>no lifting
>when I sleep it's low quality anyway
would recommend, best bloatmaxx i ever did
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper :3
>>
>>42600808
>drying out growth plates
Accutane doesn't do shit to your height you're just short lmao
>>
>>42600808
I did and i still grew to 6.1 you suck
>>
>>42595639
>>
>>42596074
naw bro keep drinking, it keeps your sheets clean and youre always ready for hornet attacks or angry grandmas, even in your sleep.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
3 sets of 3 hours, with some rest in between.
>>
>>42599841
IIRC the cycles get longer the later in the night
>>42599756
Your body is used to putting you in a state (stage one or two) ready to wake up after 4 hrs. After about a week of higher sleep numbers your brain will adjust and trust me you'll feel much better. Of course the most important part is consistent sleep but
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
File: ep3l7dcwfj1z.png (142KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ep3l7dcwfj1z.png
142KB, 600x600px
>>42596310
I fucked up with my sleep (3-4 hrs at night) during puberty but I ate plenty. When I was 16 I learned how important sleep was so started getting more (7hrs). Turned out tallest and strongest of my immediate family so most of them must've been doing the same
>>
>>42596162
Good night and
>Sleep,tight, pupper
Dream of whey and gains
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper :^)
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, Puppers
>>
HEEM SLEEBY
>>
File: 1407488995304.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1407488995304.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
>>42595639

I just stayed up all night to go to the gym when it opens at 5. Then im going to come home and sleep until like 3.

Tfw i get to be a NEET for 12 more days.
>>
>>42596122
>it's weird how everyone's experience wasn't like mine
Kill yourself.
>>
>>42595639
Around 10 or 11.

I can sleep less fine, but honestly i have the time to sleep and i enjoy waking up on my own time, no alarms
>>
>>42598191
>or it won't. But no number of such cases will result in a different claim.
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42599079
That pic had me keking
>>
>before uni, sleeping badly
>at uni, getting a regular 7-8 hours, falling asleep right as I go to bed, feeling amazing in the mornings
Having a regular routine is good.

Absolutel worst thing that messes me up these days is working nights and having nights out, especially when I take drugs and drink to forbidden levels of excess.
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
If i could help it 7-9 ish but man I have trouble sleeping. Sunday night slept like 4-5 and looks like the same or worse tonight. Where my sleepy bros at?
>>
>>42596316
aww thats good
>>
>>42596162
"SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER"
>>
>>42596362
this desu
>>
>>42596467
What the fuck are you talking about.
I work full time and get at least 8 hours a day.
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper

i really need this
>>
>>42598452
>don't have insomnia
If only it were that easy

Fuck yourself asshole
>>
>>42600437
Your serotonin is probably low

Try 5htp
>>
>>42595864
I ended up watching ASMR to fall asleep, mostly ephemeral rift channel or different medical examinations.
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
File: 1491856865292.jpg (52KB, 460x615px) Image search: [Google]
1491856865292.jpg
52KB, 460x615px
>>42595639
7-9

Im going to start a work with 3 shifts, including a night one. Any idea on how to preserve my gainz for the few years I'll have to do this?
>>
>>42601537
Find a less crappier job?
>>
File: aku 4.png (62KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
aku 4.png
62KB, 500x442px
During school I sleep about 6-8 hours every weekday plus half the day at school. On weekends 10-12. Now that I'm on summer break I'm sleeping about 11-13 hours.
>>
>>42595639

got the Samsung Galaxy S8
has bluefilter and automatic bright adjust
playing a little around when lying down to sleep
get sleepy very fast
sleep
>>
File: Cornella, Joan.jpg (56KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
Cornella, Joan.jpg
56KB, 595x842px
Usually I sleep really well but sometimes it gets to be about 9 or 10 and I just phase out staring into space for what seems to be a few minutes but is actually 8 to 9 hours.
I don't feel tired after this, as if I had gone to sleep.
I went to a doctor years ago and have participated in a couple of sleep studies to try and diagnose it but no dice.
Weird stuff brehs, very weird.
This ever happen to anyone else?
>>
>>42601527
>Ephemeral Rift
My fucking nigger
>>
>>42601245
>it's weird how this normal thing doesn't occur to everyone
keep crying
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
I have insomnia on and off all the time. Here are some things that have worked for me and may work for you if a simple fix like melatonin or Valerian hasn't worked. I'm autistic and have researched the fuck out of this so trust me, I know my shit.

>sleep hygiene
Probably the best thing you can do. Use your bed (and if you can, your entire bedroom) only for sleep and sex. No using your phone in bed, no laying in bed thinking about life, not even reading.

>balancing GABA and glutamate
Glutamate is an excitory neurotransmitter. GABA is a calming neurotransmitter. You can do this by supplementing either with GABA by itself, which may or may not work depending on your gut health (if you have leaky gut it will work), or with other supplements that lead to increased GABA like B6, l-theanine, taurine and my personal favorite, n-acetyl-cysteine. A combination of taking NAC daily and a GABA supplement when needed, for example for night time awakenings, has worked for me.

>continued in next post
>>
>>42601598
>>42601266
>>42600839
>>42600620
>>42599715
>>42599705
>>42596475
>>42595774

Consistently sleeping more than 8 hours a day is a sign of depression, and is statistically linked to an earlier death just like sleeping less than 6 hours a day.
>>
>>42601679
I don't know why I even bothered starting another post actually.

>sleeping pills (benzodiazapenes)
I don't have experience with sleeping pills like Ambien but if you have tried absolutely everything and still can't sleep, you should probably just bite the bullet and get a benzo. Temazapam was too weak for me but nitrazepam works. Funnily enough, they actually work in the same way that GABA supplements work, although obviously much stronger and with more side effects. The side effects for me haven't been too bad but definitely bad enough to make me not want to use them for more than a couple nights in a row. You basically just wake up the next morning feeling still asleep and it will take you a few hours to feel normal again. Still, this is better than being sleep deprived. I only use benzos when I really need it, like after having a bad run of sleepless nights. They are also really easy to get addicted to so be careful with them.

A few other things that have worked for me are having sex before going to sleep (I know, easier said than done), keeping your room temperature nice and cool and having a fatty snack before bed like a glass of milk or a bit of cheese. If you wake up in the middle of the night, having another fatty snack around this time will help too.
>>
Whats better, sleeping 8 hours in one go, or sleeping 5 hours, go to work, sleep 3 hours after work, work out etc, repeat.
>>
File: IMG_3898.gif (480KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3898.gif
480KB, 500x365px
>try to go to bed a little earlier than normal
>pass out from melatonin and benedryl
>wake up at 3am
>can't get back to sleep
>lie in bed for 2 hours trying to get back to sleep
>>
It sounds stupid but it really works
>>
>>42601756
8 hours in one go. You won't be able to get into a second deep sleep cycle by breaking it up like that.
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
>>42595808
im sure your uncle wouldn't have cared
>>
I take 10mg of alimemazin (an antihistamine) every night before bed, and I get a good 8-10 hours sleep.

Does anyone know how this affects the quality of my sleep?
It's not a huge dose, but I'm completely unable to sleep more than 1-2 hours if I don't take it.
>>
>>42601780
You know, there is free software that will reduce color temperature.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper!!
>>
If I don't lift i sleep around 7 hours
If i lift i sleep 9-11 hours
JUST
>>
>>42601628
Sounds like you aren't dreaming but also slipping straight into stage 3 & 4 of REM, you're still getting stages 1 and 2 tho otherwise you'd be very groggy waking.
Actually sounds preferable to regular sleep patterns
>>
>>42602031
Use an app like sleep cycle or get a fitbit to check.

Having 8-10 hours of poor quality sleep is definitely better than 1-2 hours of sleep in general though.
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
>>42602102
No it's not you retard, deep sleep is the most important part of sleep
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42602045

What about all of the lights in your house
>>
>>42596653
I'm so envious of this. If I stay up late I can get to sleep in 15-20 minutes, but if I go to bed when I should for when I have to wake up it takes me at least half an hour, sometimes 2 hours.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, fucker
>>
>>42597183
I'm going to have to try this with the light alarm, sounds crazy helpful
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, papa
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596122
>sleep debt
Guaranteed that this is not a thing - 2 nights of proper sleep and there is no debt left, even if you slept 5 hours for 10 years.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
File: 1501304515857.jpg (51KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
1501304515857.jpg
51KB, 800x575px
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
File: modern_times_cocksucker.png (346KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
modern_times_cocksucker.png
346KB, 1000x600px
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596086
thanks I'll try this
>>
>>42595813
I used to take melatonin tablets and they made it worse. Id take them about half an hour before I wanted to sleep but I'd stay awake through the melatonin. Don't know how true this is but I felt like once the melatonin tablet wore off I'd have no melatonin left and as a result wouldn't sleep til like 3 that morning. Really pissed me off
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>42595639
>>
>>42595639
any falling asleep technique here? I usually tend to think about all the incredible things I could do when I go to bed, it just kills me I spend like one hour wide awake in my bed. It's stupid stuff like kicking the shit out of bad guys, do a big tackle on a rugby game, fighting off terrorists and everyone praises me as a hero. Like stupid stuff.
Well what helps me to avoid wandering is keeping my focus on one action. Let's take the kicking bad guys stuff. You see the action going, you freeze it. Now you're throwing a punch. You notice how your fist is clenched, how you look tense, how the bad guy has his hair shaking in the air, how he already has a bruise on his face, you think about that bruise for a long time. What color it is? blue? purple? it is a perfect mix of these two colors, and had red pinchs. how many red pinches does he have? let's count...
I just keep on diving into more and more insignificant details and it keeps me from wandering into other scenes of my super hero life, while making me go to sleep.
Anyway that's how I do it, works wonders here.
Any other method?
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
I have sleep onset problems and wake up a bit too early, usually, but here's my question.
Is it possible that I need less sleep than average? I've found that I wake up naturally after about six hours and if I try to get more sleep, I end up feeling worse. 9 hours always makes me feel like shit.
>>
File: 4.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>42595639
SLEEEEEEP
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
File: 3.jpg (8KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
8KB, 183x276px
>>42595639
This thread isn't fitness related XPPPPPPPP
>>
File: 2.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>42595639
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP OUT OF LIFE WITH BONG IN HAND
>>
File: dandrea-sleep_mini_shop.jpg (254KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
dandrea-sleep_mini_shop.jpg
254KB, 850x850px
>>42595639
Sleep is very important
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
Sleep Tight, Pupper...
>>
>>42597992
you are going to be soooo burned out in 5 years
>>
>>42598452
And don't workout late. Too much of a blood rush. But yes, a satisfactory, scheduled day where you are spent by the end of it does wonders.
>>
>>42598452
>don't have insomnia and/or insane amounts of stress
wow thanks for advice dude, brb going to get rid of my insomnia and stress problems
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>42601527
ASMR is the free solution to insomnia & anxiety surrounding sleep. I can literally fall asleep anywhere, at anytime, as long as I can watch an ASMR video for about 2 minutes.
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
Who else here 5-6 hours a night on weekdays and 10+ on weekends
>>
Anyone getting cucked out of sleep because they have to go pee during the night?
I tried cutting out all drink at least 2 hours before sleep but still wake up at 2-3am.
I drink alot of water during the day to stay hydrated but maybe i need to drink less.
>>
>>42604259
Yes but only recently because I've upped my water intake dramatically. Probably drinking too much, but I'm gonna try the same thing as you... primarily just cut back a few hours before sleepy time
>>
>>42595639
I get the best sleep when I time it around natural sleep cycles...so basically sleep in 4 hour increments. Waking between cycles leaves you groggy and unrested, as your body is jarred out of a deep sleep instead of being naturally aroused. Sleeping either 4 or 8 hours leaves me feeling way better than 7, for example.
>>
>>42598452
Caffeine takes about 5 hours to run its course. Plan accordingly.
>>
>>42603192
I used to sleep four hours out of every 48. Then I got older.
>>
>>42603173
Sounds a lot like meditation.
Reading helps speed things along for me as well.
>>
>>42604310
>everyone is the same
>>
>>42604468
Talking about caffeine, not myself. I'm sure there are outliers, but for the vast majority, it takes about 5 hours, even if you don't feel it.
>>
>pop advil PM or benadryl on the weekends
>catch up with a solid 12 hours of sleep
feels good man
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
File: 1500001716178.jpg (206KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1500001716178.jpg
206KB, 1536x2048px
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42604481
Just me personally, I'll have trouble sleeping even 8 hours after caffeine if I take too much through out the day.
>>
>>42604531
Before I found out that most run through it in 5 hours, I realized for myself how long it takes after having an energy crash every day at 2pm. I always drank my coffee at 8.
Sucks that it affects you so much...caffieneis my oldest and most trustworthy vice. Idk what I'd be like if I couldn't have it every morning.
>>
>usually get 7-10hrs of sleep a night
>ALWAYS feel like shit when i wake up and the first thing my body tells me is to go back to sleep when i wake up
>groggy as fuck for like 1hr after waking up
>feel like shit most of the day
>if i am at work all i think of is how nice its going to be to go home and sleep
>but if i go home and have a nap i won't be able to get to sleep until 1-2 that night and then be even more sleep deprived the next day
>too tired and feel like shit to do anything

This has honestly sucked my will to do anything dry, even live really. Why do i always feel like fucking shit all the time, i don't eat poorly. I am at an okay weight for my height, 6ft tall and 187lbs. I remember as a kid waking up and literally instantly getting up to go play wow and being excited as fuck or do other things. Sleep was just bullshit.
>>
>>42604493
It doesn't work like that, sorry. You can't just "catch up" on sleep.
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42604588
Sounds like you're sleeping too much imo. Get one of those alarm clock apps that measure your movement and wake you up in a 30 minute window based on your cycle. I like Sleep Cycle which is available on both Android and iOS
>>
>>42595813
>>42603148

Similar experience, I like to have a bottle around but you shouldn't take them daily. Not even regularly.
I had a period where I took them daily, in the end I couldn't fall asleep for hours if I didn't take one. I would wake up halfway through the night tired but feeling very awake. Only if I took another tablet I could go back to sleep quickly (if I didn't it would take like 2 hours of being awake and turning around in bed). After a while I would start to wake up at like 2 already and again at 5 needing 3 tablets per night that's when I just quit it completely. Took like a week before I could sleep comfy again but was worth it.
>>
How do I stop waking up to pee in the middle of the night I can stop drinking anything after 7pm, and urinate before bed, but still need to wake up to pee at 3-5am.
>>
>that game when you wake up feeling like shit before work and you list off the things you would kindly give to just be able to sleep a few more hours or not work that day
>>
>>42604588

I used to have the same problem. Then I started setting the alarm 1 hour earlier and would go for a 45 minute jog immediately after waking up. I don't know if it's something that works for everyone with the same problem, but it worked for me.
>>
Nearly every time I lay down to go to sleep I start thinking about death. My death or friends/family deaths. Makes me super anxious and I have a really hard time getting to sleep.
>>
>>42604777

If it happens only once then it's normal. If you wake up twice or more then google nocturia .
>>
File: fucky.png (556KB, 1280x740px) Image search: [Google]
fucky.png
556KB, 1280x740px
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
I sleep exactly 7 hours, and When I go to bed I'm really tired so I fall asleep pretty quick.
>>
>always want to sleep when i can't like during the day or at work
>hard as fuck to get to sleep when i actually "can"

I want off this ride, i just want to feel refreshed.
>>
>>42605043
adrenal fatigue?
>>
>>42599805
How fucking dense are you
>>
You guys should consider removing curtains from your bedroom, it will help your body understand when it's daytime.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
is taking a melatonin 10mg timed release too much, can taking too much cause issues?
>>
File: 1503106564830.jpg (36KB, 640x535px) Image search: [Google]
1503106564830.jpg
36KB, 640x535px
>go to bed at 3 on the weekends
>wake up at 7 anyways
Internal clock is suffering
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596015
i lock my cat out of my room while i sleep if i really dont want him to bother me. i also leave food out before bedtime so he has enough while i sleep. You should try it
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42604259
Same problem, how's cutting drink 2 hours before bed working? have you tried with just 1 hour before?
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>taking 16 credit hours of class
>working 40 hours a week
>always get 8 hours of restfull sleep.

Really makes me wonder how neets with no job and """stress problems""" bitch about not getting sleep because of that. Get a job, go to school and do something with your life instead of playing games 20 hours a night due to "stress" and "insomnia".
>>
>>42603052
this is not true
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight pooper :)
>>
what if I get 6 hours on non-gym days and 8 hours on gym days friends? will I make it?
>>
>>42595639
6-12, i'm a neet, so this helps a lot
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42607018
resting on non-gym days is as or even more important.. im sure you can still make gains but its not ideal at all
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pup pup
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, Pupper.
>>
>>42603192
It's possible but unlikely
>>
>>42604259
Getting up to pee isn't a bad thing as long as you can go back to sleep afterwards. Try not to turn on any bright lights when you get up so your body stays in sleep mode.
>>
>>42604588
Adrenal fatigue
>>
>>42604777
It's not a problem
>>
>>42605573
Yes that is too much, you need like less than a mg
>>
7 sunday through thursday
5 or so on friday night
9ish on saturday night
>>
>>42601786
This is bullshit. Rem cycles occur in 1.5 hour increments, the reason peopke say 8 hours is just because it gives you some time to fall asleep.

Also, Sleep tight doggo
>>
read a Book for 20-30 minutes before bed (real kind not on a device). You will fall asleep much more easily
>>
>go to sleep at 5 AM
>sleep 12+ hours
>feel like shit and sluggish
>get active at night
>force myself into sleep by laying in bed with closed eyes for two hours
>sleep 12+ hours
Just fuck my shit up
atleast the dreams are good
>>
>>42596316
watch out the rats WILL kill your rabbit I've seen it happen before, no I'm not joking. get bunny a cage to sleep in while the war rages outside.
>>
>>42595694
Carbs are bad yes but so is sleep deficiency
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER.
>>
>>42596086
Windows 10 has this built in. Just click on the action center in the bottom right and activate Night Light. iPhone has it too as the other anon said.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper :)
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42595639
3-5 on work days. 12-14 hours on off days.
I think I may have a problem.
>>
i sleep anywhere from 9-10 hours. sometimes 11.
>>
>>42603173
take 3mg of melatonin before bed
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT,PUPPER
>>
>>42595703
What a fucking disappointment
>>
>>42596162
"SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER"
>>
>>42611030
Yes goy hand over them shekels so you may sleep
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, Pupper
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper :33
>>
Does anyone here actually sleep straight through the night? I always find myself waking up a fee times a night for a bit before going back to sleep. I can only remember one time in the past few years where I got a full night of sleep.
>>
File: 1404867548850.jpg (325KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1404867548850.jpg
325KB, 1383x1600px
>>42595639
>Sleep
>tfw also an animator
idk, 1-5 when I'm working but I crash alot and sleep for 9-14 when I'm not. I don't get good sleeps.

Shit sucks, yo.
>>
>>42595639
If I've been eating well 6 is usually sufficient. Generally I go about 7 though. I don't sleep in well anymore. If I go to bed late (like 4am), ill still get up by 1030. So I;ve been trying to hit the sack around 2ish.
>>
>>42596162

sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42596162
SLEEP TIGHT, PUPPER
>>
>>42611727
Melatonin is cheap as fuck compared to pharmaceutical sleep remedies
>>
>>42603706
ASMR is the goat and a qt
>>
>>42596162
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>42610360
not him but thanks anon
>>
>>42595639
I just slept 9 hours. Feels so good. Drinking coffee now and eating a peach.
>>
Iv started forcing mysrlf to turn off electronics at 10pm and have a sunlamp wake me at 7.

I drink water as soon as im up too.

Routine is so fucking important for sleep and im feeling a lot better with one
>>
>>42596122
>what interests me is how was the importance of sleep not driven into your skull as a kid?

I get the average 7-8 of sleep and I like to keep it that way. I often don't sleep in the same bed as my girlfriend. We fuck and I move to another bed and forget all about my problems and sleep like a baby. If I stay in the same bed with her my sleep cycle goes to shit.
>>
File: 2017-05-16 23.27.05.jpg (15KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-16 23.27.05.jpg
15KB, 128x128px
>>42610109
>>42595694
Fucking autists who get their sources from collage humor
>>
File: 1501120600386.jpg (399KB, 1439x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1501120600386.jpg
399KB, 1439x1483px
>>42596310
>tfw only got 2-3 hours of sleep a night in high school
>tfw still 6'1
>>
This one is for all the people in the thread saying they wake up and shit

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16964783

TL:DR you arent programmed to sleep through the night. Get up, study, have sex, clean up a bit. Go back to bed after a while. Do your second sleep.
>>
10 or 9 hours most of the time.
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
File: 1500999597805.jpg (227KB, 1025x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500999597805.jpg
227KB, 1025x1000px
>>42598237
>melatonin 1 g

Sleep tight
>>
>>42596162
Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
Is sleep debt a myth or a real thing? If it's real, how soon does it plateau (when does it stop accumulating)?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.