[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you actually have to eat to put on muscle? It seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: dottydumplingsdowry.jpg (78KB, 1024x585px) Image search: [Google]
dottydumplingsdowry.jpg
78KB, 1024x585px
How much do you actually have to eat to put on muscle? It seems that everywhere I go, all I hear is conflicting advice. Several sources say you only need a small surplus of around 150 calories, yet people like Mark Rippetoe and Alan Thrall say you need a shit load more than that. What's the best option? I've never had optimal results with bulking before, but I also wasn't sleeping as much as I should have been.
>>
>>42595464
I've found somewhere between 200 and 250 to be optimal. 500 surplus a day will get you fat

T. Got fat and just went through a long cut
>>
>lift big
>eat big

pick 2
>>
>>42595464
It is mathematically possible to gain muscle on a cut. Its not even difficult for a beginner
>>
>>42595500
Is there more to it besides just the muscle growth? Wouldn't eating a 500 calorie surplus as opposed to 200 of 250 make sense if the calories came from carbs? Seems like it would fuel your workouts better, but that's just a hypothesis of mine.
>>
Just gotta make sure that a majority of your meals intake is protein and you'll be fine.
>>
>>42595464
what this guy said>>42595500

I went on a 500 surplus and got fat as fuck while only really gaining a little amount of muscle. Do 200 and eat clean.
>>
>>42595500
fpbp

if you're an underweight beginner then 500 is fine though.
>>
>>42595616
the surplus factors in what you need for your activity so the extra is entirely for tissue repair and/or fat storage depending on how large your surplus is
>>
Literally no one says +150 is enough
>>
2g of protein per kg of bodyweight is the safe zone for protons; more is good but unnecessary
500 calories surplus is fine if you don't mind putting on a bit of fat(anything more than 500 cals is retarded if you're natty)
Don't take any advice from SS drones on nutrition. You're not a powerlifter, you don't need that many calories
>>
>>42595464
You don't get fat overnight. Eat whatever seems like a good idea and if you're not making enough gains or putting on too much fat, adjust our intake. Why are people so fucking stupid
>>
File: the-rock-meal[1].jpg (122KB, 575x474px) Image search: [Google]
the-rock-meal[1].jpg
122KB, 575x474px
>>42595464
>>42595500
>>42595650

How are you guys really able to count 200 calorie surplus? Maybe the calorie you spent that day isn't 2800 but it is 3000. Or the food you ate isn't 3200 kcal but it's 3000 kcal.

Counting calories with such precision. Sounds really hard to me.
>>
>>42596297
Not gonna make it
>>
>>42595632
Is 36 egg whites daily ok then?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.