[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who drinks/makes kefir? Need some tips on how to get mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: kefir-grains-and-milk.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kefir-grains-and-milk.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
Who drinks/makes kefir? Need some tips on how to get mine to grow faster/better.
>>
>>42588770
Trim your nails you homo
>>
>>42588770
Dude. Wtf is wrong with your nail. That' fucking gross bro.
>>
>>42588801
>>42588810
You fucks.. anon probably just found a pic off of google of some old nanny making this shit
>>
>>42588801
>>42588810

lol u fucking dumbasses thats a pic from google
>>
>>42588770
Ryayazen is better desu
>>
>>42588770
Just keep making kefir with it. I only make as much as we'll consume the following day.

And don't be one of those fucking morons that thinks you need to "wash" the grains. Just...no, all you're doing is stressing them and tearing up their microbiome they're building (i.e. stunting their growth).

>take your glass jar
>put your grains in it
>pour the milk over it
>cover it with a cloth
>the next morning pour off the milk as best you can into another container
>add more fresh milk
>ever 3-4 days when you pour off your kefir pour off the grains into a clean jar
>put the used jar in the sink
>continue on like normal
>when the kefir starts becoming too strong in that period then divide the kefir into equal parts
>keep one part for yourself
>You can either:
> - prepare the grains for storage in the fridge
> - give them away to family, friends, neighbors, coworkers
> - eat them, yes, throw them on your salads with your dressing, mix them into your oats, whatever. lots of good nutrition and probiotics.
>>
>>42589000
I also love making kefir cheese.

When I'm going to make something that needs a creamy spreadable cheese I make a bunch of extra kefir about 4 days before.

>Pour off the prepared kefir from the grains into a pot
>instead of putting in the fridge, leave it covered on the counter to continue to ferment
>you'll see the kurds eventually seperate from the whey.
>when the kurds are holding together sufficiently well and the whey is mostly cleared up proceed
>line a strainer with doubled over cheesecloth
>strain the whey from the kurds
>gather the cheesecloth together and tie it up and hang it to drain into the sink or a pot
>when it stops dripping start to tighten down the cloth to compress the kurds and force all the whey out
>dump into a bowl and work it into a nice creamy texture

You can add all sorts of stuff to it to add flavor I like garlic and chives to spread it on bagels.
>>
>>42588770
Faster is almost always worse. I like to make sure I've left mine in a place cool enough that it takes at least 24 hrs to ferment. If you want it faster consider getting a few more grains and make multiple batches.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.