[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/fit/ and reddit say how great and beneficial it is to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: jk rowling.jpg (404KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
jk rowling.jpg
404KB, 675x900px
>/fit/ and reddit say how great and beneficial it is to do olympic lifts, and if you get hurt then it is literally only your fault for having bad form or lifting too much

>I've met actual world-class professionals like Bruce Wilhelm, Seymour Koenig, and others through mutual/family friends, and mentioned how I do olympic lifts like the snatch, clean and jerk, etc
>Whoever I'm talking to's smile instantly sours as I tell them this and he says things like "everyone gets hurt doing those types of lifts" and "do not ever, EVER lift over 150 pounds over your head" and a bunch of other things to either convince me to stop doing these lifts or do them with very light weight only

but if olympic lifts were perfectly safe and get shilled all the time by millenials online, why has EVERY single older guy who has done something in this sport tell me how bad it is and that if I want to go heavy, I should stick to, at most, the 3 core lifts (Bench, deadlift, squat)?

Which is it? And why do you do these kinds of lifts?

>FOR FUN!!

Guys who have lifted much more than you and have gotten famous doing it have told me its no fun waking up in the middle of the night and to be hurting. Or having a bad shoulder. Or to pay thousands for surgery/painkillers when you're older.

Why do you do olympic lifts? I've stopped and I can almost guarantee I lifted more than you. Why haven't you?
>>
>>42587321
Almost no one recommends doing oly lifts with a coach.

No idea what you're talking about
>>
>>42587367
Without*
>>
>>42587321
People say the same shit about deadlift and squats and how they fuck up your back, so I guess by your logic you should stop doing deadlifts and squats
>>
File: jk-rowling-scholastic.jpg (301KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
jk-rowling-scholastic.jpg
301KB, 1600x1201px
>why has EVERY single older guy who has done something in this sport tell me how bad it is and that if I want to go heavy, I should stick to, at most, the 3 core lifts (Bench, deadlift, squat)?

Because they have shit OHP and they're trying to drag you down into their crab bucket. Bitches love delts. Also, being able to press heavy weight over your head is both functional and satisfying.
>>
>>42587462
there's nothing more alpha than lifting a weight over your head
>>
>>42587462
>tfw strong overhead press but no delts
dont fall for the press meme. lateral raises and facepulls give you wide shoulders
>>
>>42587597
Da Press only develops your front delts. If you're looking for big shoulders you gotta mix it up.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.