[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am well aware that leg press is much easier than back squats,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 7129_3.jpg (286KB, 800x631px) Image search: [Google]
7129_3.jpg
286KB, 800x631px
I am well aware that leg press is much easier than back squats, however I feel like there is WAY too much of a difference between my two lifts.

>leg press 315 for 5x5
>back squat 1 rep max 205

What the fuck is the cause of this? I have always had trouble maintaining a good squat stance, I normally feel like I will fall backwards and I compensate for that by leaning forward.
>>
>>42586370
THe leg press is on an incline so its way easier. When I was squatting 200 I could leg press over 400 for reps
>>
>>42586370
machines are just easier, that difference is normal.
>>
>>42586370
You need to fully hyper extend on the leg press
>>
>>42586370
Because you're also lifting your body weight when squatting....
>>
>>42586402
>locking knees on leg press

"no"
>>
the difference seems pretty normal to me. i was leg pressing 415 for reps with a 225x5 squat

one variable that might make hte difference is squat depth
>>
It's a different exercise and not free weights. 200kg leg press is not the same as a 200kg squat, much much less force needed.
>>
>>42586370
leg press is tons easier, I was hitting 600 for 5 on press when I could barely squat 225. There isnt a huge gap its just they are much different exercises. But take it from me and just do 1 legged press with lighter weight. by keeping your other foot down you lock your pelvis into a better position so your back doesnt curl up at higher weight and end up giving you any pain, later you will thank me.
>>
Not everyone can do back squats.
>>
>>42586414
>not strengthening knee joints
never going to make it
>>
>>42586370
My core is weak as fuck but my legs are great
>squat 150
>leg press 825
It's common if you're a fat fuck.
>>
>>42586452
one of the best advices I've seen on /fit/. Not to take off squats of your training, but one leg press is very nice.
>>
>>42586370
That is a perfectly normal difference. I have almost the same stats.
>>
>>42586452
this right here, I see people going really heavy on legpress and their back flattens because their pelvis moves slightly in the bottom position - at worst they lift their whole butt up from the seat. Shit kills your back. Do it one leg at a time
>>
>>42586370
please dont tell me those are in pounds
>>
File: gripandrip.gif (27KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
gripandrip.gif
27KB, 500x224px
>>42586370

recall also, you must factor in the trigonometry of the angle of the leg press. (SOH CAH TOA). it isn't the total weight of the plates and the sled, but rather, a % thereof based on the angle of the sled.

a back squat is 100% to the "normal" perpendicular line to the Earth, and therefore you get 100% of that weight.

>you do the math at home
>>
>>42586408
shhhhhh! don't tell him..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.