[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop the nicotine jew? I've been smoking for 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: G56hyFtf655rD646t27g2ge.jpg (96KB, 410x293px) Image search: [Google]
G56hyFtf655rD646t27g2ge.jpg
96KB, 410x293px
How do I stop the nicotine jew? I've been smoking for 15 years, averaging around 20 per day. I've tried multiple times to quit, the longest so far has been 3 months before I broke. Every night I go to bed saying "no more, never again", but in the morning I'm climbing the fucking wall.

Any ex-smokers? Any advide at all /fit/?
>>
>>42584796
smoked 8 years. admittedly my habit wasn't too severe (averaging 3 packs a week at height). quit cold turkey one day on a whim (mostly due to a girl i was seeing but also just for the sake of curiosity). never ended up going back to regular smoking.

i've used friend's vapes casually and been around smokers plenty. it gets easier to tell yourself "no" as you become more practiced. i still get cravings and such, especially around smokers, but you just decline and move on.
>>
>>42584836
Do you ever feel as if you're just not "you" anymore if you're on a night out and you can't have a smoke?
>>
File: bane.gif (124KB, 150x240px) Image search: [Google]
bane.gif
124KB, 150x240px
>>42584796
Switch to vaping. Nicotine is good for you, it's all the other toxic shit in tobacco that's bad for you.
https://www.gwern.net/Nicotine#benefits
>>
Make yourself hate it. Not bawww I hate myself for not being able to quit, but hate the cigarettes themselves. Get it deeply ingrained into your mind that they are poison. They don't make you feel good, they only make you feel sick. Which is true for most folks after they've been smoking for a couple years anyway. It took me a couple months to go from sort of wanting to quit for health reasons to completely loathing the habit. Every time I felt out of breath, or my breath stunk, or I saw the stains on my teeth, it was the smokes. Reinforced it every day, every time I smoked. When I did quit it was pretty easy, I could barely feel more than disgust when I thought of having a cigarette. Didn't do shit for withdrawals but patches help with that.
>>
>>42584796
just have some self control. it's that easy. just tell yourself 'NO!' everytime you get a craving. youre stronger than the nicotine jew. dont fall for the vaping meme. at best youre maintaining your nicotine consumption. just dont be a weak willed faggot
>>
Vape i quit pack a day 15 year habit.
Went from 15 min cadio to hour n 1/2
Get a little sub box that will still gove u that kick.

No prob
>>
>>42584796
Smoke a pipe anon I smoked 20-30 a day when i quit, 40 at a peak.

>smoke all you want at first
>give it a while then switch to a morning smoke and an afternoon smoke.
>Do not use gum or vap or any other think that gives you that constant hit
>Change relationship from crutch to enjoyable and now quitting is easy

I do not miss smoking at all after 8 months, I have had 3 cigars and I think i had 1 cig on a night out a few months ago.
>>
>>42585600
>>give it a while then switch to a morning smoke and an afternoon smoke

how long's "a while" though?
>>
>>42585093
>>42585545

+1. Vaping is quitting on easy mode. Going on 5 weeks and have had ZERO desire for a cigarette.
>>
i think it's less about the nicotine and more about the sugar. check your cravings and moods.
>>
>>42584918

>defining yourself by a drug

Get a grip, man
>>
>>42585634
not him, but i basically did this, albeit unintentionally. i quit cold turkey about six years ago but started getting cravings maybe a year ago. one time i broke down and bought a pack, smoked one, and nearly threw up. however, the urge came back so i decided to smoke a pipe since you receive less nicotine, don't have to inhale, and can actually experience a lot of great flavors. vaping would be a good alternative, but if you're adamant about want tobacco but you don't want to smoke then look into a pipe or even an occasional cigar. they're really easy to put down, too (i can go a week without smoking, no problems whatsoever) and as long as you aren't smoking a half dozen bowls or more a day you really won't get addicted. add to that the amount of time it takes to smoke bowl or cigar (about forty-five minutes at least) and it becomes much more of a treat than a quick fix habit
>>
File: images (8).jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>42585634
it is up to you anon, you can not inhale pipe tobacco, i just put it through my nose. It will happen naturally or you will be a pipe smoker which is far less harmful.

my lungs cleared up after a few weeks of smoking like 50 grams of pipe tobacco a week and when i stopped I got a dry throat and a sore tongue for 2 days and that was it.

All of the benefits of smoking cigs was a meme and i feel sort of disgusted when I speak to a smoker who tries to make excuses like some abused housewife.

All smoking as a crutch does is prevents you from growing emotionally. You will notice if you look that most smokers are man children.
>>
>>42584796

Don't be a bitch and just go cold turkey.

If you manage to quit smoking on your own, imagine what else you could achieve in your life if you just learn to apply yourself.
>>
>>42584796
Alan carr easy way to stop smoking...
Had cravings twice in 2 years due to stress....havent touched nicotine thpugh
>>
Vape bro
>>
>>42584796

i found out that eating clean lessened cigarette cravings.

i had zero cravings when i went vegetarian (no, im not advocating vegetarianism, as im back to eating meat and dairy; have been for years).

going on keto helped me stop smoking.

3 months smoke-free now.

t. smoker from 1999 to 2017. heavy smoker from 2009-early 2017.
>>
File: smoke.gif (997KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
smoke.gif
997KB, 500x290px
>>42585093
This. I had been smoking for 15 years too, averaging 2 packs a day for the last few years. Tried gums, patches, reading fucking Alan Carr's Captain-Obvious-tier ramblings, all kinds of shit, and was never able to quit for longer than 48h. Finally decided to try vaping and the switch was surprisingly easy. Now, I'm not saying I'm "cured", but it's better than inhaling burned leafs and paper smoke, so it's a start. Plus, vaping makes you look like an absolute, total fucking douche, so I tend to not ingest nicotine in public anymore.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.