[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that muscle burns calories, and that the more muscle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Is it true that muscle burns calories, and that the more muscle you have, the faster you'll lose weight?
>>
Isn't that just common sense? In fact, it is often recommended to do anaerobic exercise over aerobic because at mid and long term you'll burn more calories than with cardio.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't do both.
>>
>>42581999
Yes and that's also why TDEE/BMI is a meme for anyone who lifts at least a decent amount of weight. I hit 1/2/3/4 a while ago but it wasn't until I realised my maintenance is closer to 3000 than 2300 like meme calculators say that I started to get towards 2/3/4/5.
And no I'm not a fatty. Even people with ~20% bodyfat look better when they have muscles
>>
>>42582097
>Even people with ~20% bodyfat look better when they have muscles
This is so much true. Fatties should do cardio, lots of it, but increasing their muscle mass by lifting weights would really skyrocket their fat loss and good looks.

As long as they don't fall for the bulking meme, of course.
>>
>>42581999
Yeah, having more muscle mass ups your caloric needs. Having bigger muscles requires more maintenance. Thats one of the reasons why you should go and do lifting when working on escaping landwhale mode. Obviously you should do cardio for higher insulin sensitivity, cardiovascular health and shit like that thats very relevant to weight loss and athleticism and shit. Plus you obviously dont wanna become skinny fat after you get to a reasonable weight for obvious reasons, you wanna see some muscles once you shed off all that fat. If you are losing weight, you should lift, no questions asked. Obviously you shouldnt be lazy with your cardio too.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.