[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why I shouldn't remove back squats from my routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Tell me why I shouldn't remove back squats from my routine and replace them with front squats.

>same effect on muscles with less weight
>much safer for lower back and hips
>better for upper back, core and posture
>quad development is about the same if not better
>RDL already hit hamstrings and glutes
>>
>>42581915
because backsquats look more alpha with more weight

all jokes aside i alternate them
>>
do both you polesmoker
>>
>>42581915
>Tell me why I shouldn't remove back squats from my routine and replace them with front squats.
Depends on your build.
Some people are physically incapable of a proper front squat.

But if you can do front squats properly AND do RDLs properly, there is indeed no need for back squats in your routine, unless you want to have a powerlifting total.
>>
>>42581930
Quite the opposite imo, it's incredibly rare to see someone do 2pl8 front squats for reps in a normal gym.
>>
File: Kettlebell-squat.jpg (97KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
Kettlebell-squat.jpg
97KB, 738x415px
Out of my way plebs ...
>>
>>42581915
You can't do longer sets with that retard grip.

So I hope you know the real grip.
>>
>>42581954
>32kg front squat
>calls other people plebes

At least squat with proper, two pood kettlebells, ya dingus.
>>
>>42582001
I use the straps method. Doesn't require crazy mobility and it's a very stable position.

Did front squat 225x10 with it last week and haven't experienced any problems so far.

From my limited experience, the grip in the picture only works when you have a wide frame, otherwise it's just really unstable.
>>
klokov does mostly front squats

i think i remember him saying something like a 70/30 ratio of front to back
>>
>>42582053
Wide frame or not, it's very unstable anyway.

It's fine for light weight though
>>
>>42581915
front squats bare good but

>hard on heart
>harder on core
>harder on back

you won't be able to lift as much weight as you do with back squats all for slightly more quad involvement which is greatly negated by less weight. if you do back squats you can load far more and get much better gains.

front squats are great though if you stall on squats and just want try another variant or if you train oly lifts obviously
>>
>>42582059
2:1 back to front most likely. oly lifters get enough front squats in through olympic lifts as it is. getting higher back squat is much more beneficial to them to get more leg strength
>>
>>42581915
here's an idiot dumbass, why not, you know, do them both? fuck wit.
>>
>>42582084
From what I know, front squats have the same effect on quads with about 75-80% of the weight you would use for back squats. Reason being moment arms and stuff.

Source: asked Greg Nuckols during some live Q&A a while back.
>>
>>42582059
I would estimate that almost all weightlifters do more front than back squat though

it has more carryover to the clean. Back squat is obviously important as well for overall strength and power development
>>
>>42582118
Because I want to do this fitness thing for a few more decades. Fucked up lower back and hips aren't really beneficial for this goal.
>>
>>42582134
How would a back squat fuck up your hips and back? Front squatting actually requires greater erector activation because of the upright position
>>
>>42582145
Lower forces on the spine and it's much harder to get carried away and grind out shitty reps with front squats. Which, by my logic, reduces the chance of injury.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.