[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here heard of/tried fermenting oats? Apparently it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Anyone here heard of/tried fermenting oats?
Apparently it's supposed to reduce phytic acid more effectively than cooking or something, as well as generally being probiotic whatever that actually means and releasing more nutrients or something.

Is this shit legit, or homeopathic gobbledygook? Googling it, the only websites that talk about it are all for it, so it's either a slam dunk for being a good thing or it's some obscure witchery only crazy people would think to write about.
>>
>>42579287
Is it fermented with the yeast infections of angry feminist?
>>
fermenting is used in breads to make them rise cause of the CO2 byproduct in the breakdown of sugar

fermenting is also used in making alcohol but for the ethanol to drink.

I do believe you need actual sugar for the fermentation process to take place, I'm not sure if regular oats have enough glucose to allow the bacteria to thrive.

I guess maybe the fermentation process might change the flavor but idk.
>>
>>42579287
Never heard of people doing it but fermented foods are GOAT, make sure you clean everything well if you make it yourself.
Probiotics are not a meme but most things you buy from the store are sterilized or not kept properly.
The bacteria break down and consume the sugars making it far less carb heavy and creating vitamins that are usually harder to get from most foods.

A good fermented food is soy, gets rid of the phytoestrogens and makes the protein/carb ratio better.
Natto is a fermented soy with high amounts of vitamin K2 which isn't that easy to get otherwise and has the enzyme nattokynase, which is proven to break down calcium deposits in the bloodstream.

Not even weeb but the true master race diet is traditional jap food, plants with fatty fish and fermented foods.
>>
Is the yeast one can buy to make bread at home enough to ferment stuff, or other kinds of yeast are necessary for that?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.