[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made you want to start lifting? >be me >10th Grade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 235923905239052.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
235923905239052.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
What made you want to start lifting?

>be me
>10th Grade
>absolutely zero positive attention from girls
>bullied by stacies at school for being fat (early 2000s fat, not 2017 fat)

Fast forward to age 30, I'm still lifting, aesthetic as fuck, muscular, lean...but I'm still too emotionally fucked up being shit on by girls as a teenager that I not only hate women but I'm also terrified of them, so still a HHKV never approached a woman and I always ignore women who come onto me.

I guess in a way my mind sees females as a threat to my mental sanity and happiness, because all I experienced with females during my developmental years was extreme negativity.
>>
Strike fear in the hearts of my enemies
>>
>>42579215
Get over it pussy
>>
>>42579224
I haven't been able to. Been seeing a clinical psychologist for it this year trying to get over it.

I mind just sees females as a threat, pure n simple.

It's become so bad that I even feel this way towards my sisters and mother now-days.
>>
>>42579246
>females as a threat

Female in this age range is nothing to write home about really. You are better off just lifting and earning money to do whatever you like every day.
>>
>>42579256
are u implying that having a gf stops you from doing things u want to do?
>>
>>42579215
Do you have wizard powers yet?

Post body and stats
>>
>>42579358
Yes
>>
>>42579215
thanks for the laugh my dude
>>
>>42579215
you need to talk to a therapist.
>>
>think I'm merely overweight but otherwise okay
>co-worker who is quite obese offhandedly comments that I'm "as big as he is"
>didn't believe him but still felt pretty hurt by it
>go to annual PT test (easy because lol airforce)
>scored worse than last time, and got the same scores as another person I considered to be fatter than me
>go on leave
>eat like shit because every family member and family friend wants to be buy me dinner because
>come back
>recaro seats in my ST are tighter than I remember
>take a hard look at myself in the mirror for literally the first time in years
>holy fuck I look like THAT
Started IF the next day, and starting lifting tomorrow
>>
>>42579215
Because my Dad and Uncle were Olympic level athletes. I was clumsy and terrible at sports. Im not going to let myself get soft and fat like everyone else. That isnt any way to live.
>>
>>42579215
>Fast forward to age 30, I'm still lifting, aesthetic as fuck, muscular, lean
Doubtful. Post body with timestamp faggot
>>
File: tumblr_ond638cS6J1vn9bpgo1_500.png (512KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ond638cS6J1vn9bpgo1_500.png
512KB, 500x491px
My brother came out as being trans and is now wanting to be a woman. The whole experience really fucked with me and made me question what it means to be masculine and a man. I've always been skelly mode thin and decided that I was no longer going to wish to be bigger, instead I was going to put in the effort to get change myself. I lift for myself and my desire to push my body to its full potential.
>>
>>42579215
>be neet 6'3 skeleton virgin
>get into college age 21
>never in my life approached another person
>first day some fatass introduced himself to me
>this is fine
>we talk now and then
>he's the only person i talk to
>starts asking me to join the gym with him
>meeeeh
>keeps on insisting daily
>i finally give in
>what could go wrong
>dad is thrilled being a fitness freak himself
>gives me a diet, tips and routine
>one month in i start seeing progress
>damn thats pretty cool
>become addicted
>proceed to go for month
>visible gains
>people start miring despite it being winter and long sleeves
>get a gf
>women checking me out
>women hitting on me
>everyone complimenting my body
>addiction grows
>feeling of superiority grows
>scared of losing gains

You guys didnt tell me this is a one way trip.
>>
>>42579215
When I went into the doctor for a refill on anti depressants and weighed in at 300lbs, while being 5'7" turbo manlet. It was a turning point a moment I realized I had two options, stay the way I was and get worse or finally commit to working out instead of the usual half assed attempts I'd done before. Read the sticky a couple times, started dieting then exercising and haven't looked back since.
>>
>me
>19
>mom wants me to do "something"
>by something she meant going with her to every spinning class with her
>went with her to the gym, didn't like the spinning class very much
>oh look, weight things
>uh this is nice
>5 years later still here
>>
>>42581639
>You guys didnt tell me this is a one way trip.
Holy shit this hit me, there's no going back anymore
>>
>>42579215
You have emotional scars that have hardened you and created the mental and social equivalent of a shell for you. If you want to be successful with girls you have to rid yourself of the scars by forgiving the girls who mistreated you in the past, or they will always haunt you and you will never be able to trust ANY woman.

Read chapter 10 of Psycho-Cybernetics by Max Maltz for more details on how to do so, its a great self-improvement book.
>>
>>42581888
A one way trip to health and aesthetics is a great thing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.