[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did the whole bullshit about needing to hit specific numbers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: z9032905235.jpg (60KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
z9032905235.jpg
60KB, 750x937px
Where did the whole bullshit about needing to hit specific numbers on your lifts to look a certain way?

Do people not realize how much this shit varies? It entirely depends on your genetics, time-lifting, and height/joint lengths.

Someone who is 6'5 with average genetics for muscle growth potential might have to hit a 315 bench for reps to grow a nice chest that is proportional to the rest of his body size, say compared to a 5'6 manlet with average genetics who could get a nice chest benching sub 200 for reps.
>>
>>42567749
>Where did the whole bullshit about needing to hit specific numbers on your lifts to look a certain way?

You've probably misinterpreted 1/2/3/4
>>
>>42567749
I have been lifting for 5 years and still only incline bench 80kg for reps and DB incline press 40kg DB's for reps. I do flat pressing but on a Hammer strength press isolateral machine, 50kg each arm, high rep.

For some reason my chest is big and muscular and fills out my entire chest, no weakness on my chest at all side,middle,upper,lower, all full and proper.

I am 5'7 though so I wonder how much my height has to do with this.

I see other guys at my gym bench 100-120kg for reps and they have literally sloppy bitch tits or flat chested skele's who just so happen to be strong at benching.
>>
>>42567749
I'm 6'6 here and youre right. My arms will probably always look small
>>
>>42567804
A 5'6 manlet could build big biceps doing 30kg barbell curls.

At 6'6 with a really wide arm span you'd have to probably curl 60kg barbell curls to see proportional growth for your height/size compared to the manlet.
>>
>>42567769
1/2/3/4 is a milestone and will not make you look like a Greek fuckboy instantly as soon as you hit 225 lb bench while you only did 220lb in the prior week
>>
>>42567830
Yeah i know! Ah well, at least deads are easier.
>>
>>42567883
Not really. You'll have to pull 600 to get the same results a manlet gets pulling 3-350.
>>
>>42567897
Oh i meant in terms of like ease of motion/rom . I will never progress as fast aesthetically and that's fine.
>>
>>42567917
Yeah I get ya.

Good thing for tall guys is that you guys grow for years and years more than manlets do, because you guys have far more potential for growth.

The reason the whole meme about manlets having it easy is because manlets only take 5~ years or so of proper training to fill out. Meanwhile taller guys take 10~ years of proper training to fill out properly.
>>
>>42567850
Exactly. It's a milestone for the so called "strength foundation". After you reach 1/2/3/4, you can focus more on training for aesthetics rather than strength
>>
>>42567933
>10 years

I'll be 36 by the time I'm filled out? Fucking Christ.
>>
>>42567977
Its okay anon. You're gonna make it. We all are.
>>
>>42567749
1/2/3/4 are statistical average numbers for lifts, if you are unable to hit them that means you are below average.
>>
>>42569314
That means 99% of people at my gym are below average despite many of them being competitive bodybuilders.
>>
>>42570203
> competitive bodybuilders
>can't hit 1/2/3/4
Are you bullshitting or is this the sad state of natty bodybuilding?
>>
>>42570222
No I mean most of them just do other things.

Haven't you seen? There's machines for everything now, and they're a lot better than the machines of the 1980s.

You literally don't even need to touch a barbell now days to bodybuild.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.