[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just want to look good. According to everything I've read,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
I just want to look good. According to everything I've read, Starting Strength is for gaining strength. What do I do to look good? Low bf% + bigger muscles?
>>
>>42562388
>What do I do to look good? Low bf% + bigger muscles?
That, and a mild tan.

personally I am doing reddit's beginner PPL, but I'm sure SS with accessories is just as good in the long run.
>>
>>42562388
i find i tend to look most aesthetic incorporating all the big lifts but doing 3x8 plus a bunch of accessories and some bodyweight exercises

when i just do the big lifts doing 3x5 or 5x5, i get bloated and my muscles don't pop as much
>>
>>42562388
Exactly, low bf and bigger muscles.
How much time do you have? Are you now fat, normalweight (skinnyfat) or thin?
If you can wait, bulk (or maintain your weight) on SS, then either keep at it some more with an intermediate routine or go on a cut.
If you can't wait, go on a cut (or maintain if you're already thin) and try to keep on lifting, but you'll gain a fraction of the muscle, if any.
The only trick you can use, and it's not much of a trick, is to do a couple (not a dozen, 1 to 3, no more than 2 for tris) of sets of biceps, triceps, and side and rear delts every day. It won't really matter, long term, but your body can take it so you might as well do them.
>>
File: Formula.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Formula.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>
>>42562388
Progressive overload is the most optimal way to build muscle. The quickest and simplest way to progressively overload is by gaining strength. SS is great for that because it's no-bullshit simplicity. You won't look great after it, not because strength =/= aesthetics (protip: it does), but because SS usually lasts around 6 months and that's just not enough time to change your physique drastically, especially not lifting novice weights.

Use it to milk your novice gains and as a springboard into more complex programs later on
>>
>>42562388
Focus on getting cut first, then the muscles come later. You'll regret it if you bulk into a fat slob by justifying it with 'muh gainz'. Its the bane of a shit ton of people.
>>
>>42562388
Do some casual chest, ab, and arm exercises 2-3 times a week. Just looking good doesn't require a lot of work or an autistic diet, assuming your hormones are in check.

SS is if you're looking to get into a competitive sport. If you're not it's a waste of calories and unnecessary risk of injuries. Spend your noob gains on whatever your goal is, you only get them once.
>>
How good you look is entirely dictated by your body fat percentage. If you want to look good as a skinny dude, you can be weak and just lift light while eating light. On the other hand, you wanna be ottermode, you can do your typical lifting routines that don't focus on any strength gains and eat well and you'll look half decent. If you want to get huge, though, and not just look good but also look healthy and strong to anyone that sees you, you will have to make strength gains and be on a completely different league of strength.
>>
SS, 5x5, 5x5 ICF, whatever program you choose isn't super important to begin with as long as it's actually a program for beginners. It's just a program to do for some months while you learn the lifts and gain some strength.

After that you can do whatever fits your goals the most, as long as you don't overdo the volume part and focus on progressive overload. Upper/lower or 3 times a week PPL are both good followups.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.