[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when I'm cutting should I even try to be increasing my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1501642308919m.jpg (71KB, 519x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501642308919m.jpg
71KB, 519x1024px
So when I'm cutting should I even try to be increasing my weights or just do less weight higher rep?
>>
>>42558696
well its all different for everyone but I'd say keep the weight with the same set/rep to maintain str and keep muscle,only lower the weight if its a must
>>
Just train as you normally do, but in a calorie deficit.

Reducing your training volume during a cut is how you lose muscle faster.
>>
>>42559104
But when you work out you break down the muscle, right? And the point of lifting more is so that the muscle is rebuilt stronger? But at a deficit this is impossible. So if I try to lift more than I did last week, even if I do, I've broken down the muscle and am not taking in enough energy to rebuild them?
>>
>>42559424

It's not impossible dimwit. What do you think the massive protein intake is for?
>>
>>42558696
While not impossible, it's improbable that you manage to get a PR while cutting, but don't shy away from it, perhaps it's a great day and you feel like a god then try breaking some PRs. If not then just keep the same weight with a little less volume.
>>
I used to lose a bit of strength on cuts, like maybe 10-15% off my lifts but then on one cut I decided to just do my 1rms every workout and I didn't lose any strength until the very end of a 6mo cut where I lost 40lbs of bodyweight.

Now every time I cut I just max out every workout and it lets me run 800 cal deficits for months at a time without getting weaker.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>42559104
Train for strength. You cannot gain muscle on a deficit so the best you can do is hope to maintain your strength. Training with volume when you can't gain muscle means you will lose more muscle.
People on /fit/ are retards
>>
>>42559456
It's so you don't LOSE MUSCLE holy shit all these retards giving advice
>>
>>42559456
"Dimwit"? Are you fucking kidding me bro? Did you not hear about how I work out with weights?
>>
Can you gain muscle on a cut if you take 1.5g of protein per lb?
>>
>>42561546
Also, I'm a fat noob for context.
>>
>>42561521
strength isn't determined by muscle size. So if you solely try to maintain strength on a cut, you very well could lose muscle mass still.
>>
>>42561546
yes
>>
>>42558696
your strength will fluctuate from one day to the next, also your rep amount will fluctuate.
Work yourself to your daily strength lvl and do dropsets to have enough volume if needed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.