[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know shit about nutrition and I get to see a nutritionist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
I don't know shit about nutrition and I get to see a nutritionist as part of my insurance. I asked which I should be having margarine or butter and she said margarine.

I thought margarine had transfat, which is bad.

What should I be buying? I live in Australia so an exact product would be great.
>>
You should kill the nutritionist for recommending margerine.

Eat butter.
>>
>She said
>She

Women don't know anything about health or fitness. This is day one stuff Anon, sort your shit out.
>>
>>42556853
if you are going to choose between those two, choose butter
>>
>>42556860
butter is shit, theyre both shit. eat vegan butter made from plants. even if ur not vegan its alot healthier and u cant taste the difference
>>
It depends on the margarine you buy. Margarines have higher trans fats, butter have higher saturated fats. Honestly most research about whether either are bad for you is probably crap.

I assume your nutritionist said that because it has lower calories and keeping your calories in check is the most important consideration when it comes to health outcomes by far. But if you can eat butter without going over your limit, then probably pick butter. Unless you think margarine tastes better in which case, just eat margarine.

If you exercise, keep lean and your blood lipid profile is good, your 'higher chances' of heart disease will probably be 0.1%.
>>
Just use oil, OP. Butter or margarine are shit for cooking either way.
>>
>>42556902
No. Trans fat is objectively bad and should be abolished from your diet. Saturated fat is up for debate, but nowhere near as bad as trans fat.
>>
>>42556933
>objectively bad

Lol, almost everything has been associated with worse cardiovascular/atherosclerotic outcomes at some point. I like how you even compare the two "nowhere near as bad" as if we have exact data or anything close to it.

Some trans fats will be the last thing to kill you if you live a generally healthy lifestyle and have a good lipid profile and low inflammation (low CRP etc.). If the latter is shit, then yeah sure, consider lowering intake.
>>
>>42556898
Butter is the best, you retarded nigger.
>>
>>42556985
ok mate eat butter tell me how long you live
>>
When I was a wee lad my mom would cook green beans with butter, if she left the tub of butter unattended I would swoop in like Batman and eat a whole spoonful of butter. I don't know why but I used to love eating butter by itself.
>>
>>42556994
I'd rather die now than be a fruitcake for life eating flamboyant vegan butter.
>>
Your nutritionist is full of shit. Margarine is for poor people who are so stupid they pay extra for fake "butter" that is basically just garbage vegetable oil because the gubment tells them its better for them.
>>
>>42556971
From Wikipedia

"In 2003 the World Health Organisation recommended that trans fats make up no more than 1% of a person's diet.[19] In 2013, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a preliminary determination that partially hydrogenated oils (which contain trans fats) are not "generally recognized as safe", which was expected to lead to a ban on industrially produced trans fats in the American diet.[2] On 16 June 2015, the FDA finalized its determination that trans fats are not generally recognized as safe, and set a three-year time limit for their removal from all processed foods."

Humans have been eating animal fats (saturated) since the dawn of time. Maybe not the healthiest, definitely better than lab grown frankenfats
>>
>>42556853
Trans fats have absolutely no place in your diet whatsoever. they are demonstrably dangerous at any level of consumption and any nutritionist who reccomends you eat them should be fired, strung up behind a horse and dragged out into the outback.

Butter is just fine.
>>
>>42557032
My mother cooked with butter, bacon fat, and lard ALL the time.

i remember 30 years ago her telling the neighbor lady "they're going to prove one day that lab made margarine shit is dangerous for you mark my words."

And she NEVER bought any of that processed shit in a bag or box. it was either fresh or frozen vegetables, fresh meat, fermented dairy and home made bread.
>>
>>42556874
>Women don't know anything about health or fitness
Congratulations, you're even dumber than that so-called nutritionist
>2017
>being sexist
>>
>>42557425
>white knighting on a Mesopotamian Cuneiform Clay Tablet forum
>2017
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.