[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on video games? Total waste of time, or okay? If you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: video games.jpg (89KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
video games.jpg
89KB, 1000x600px
Thoughts on video games?

Total waste of time, or okay? If you play, how do you moderate how much time you spend?
>>
>>42546291
2 hours a day max
>>
>>42546291
I've had this conflict in recent times...I've been thinking about getting a PS4 or XBOX1 to have some games to play plus a decent thing to play netflix/whatever off of. Video games suck because there are so many better things you can be doing with your time, but they're soooo fun...I can't have them around or I'll lose interest in my other hobbies like playing guitar and reading and shitposting on 4chan. But ultimately it boils down to being a fucking moneypit that causes me to avoid them.
>>
>>42546291
Depends on the game. Games that have you solve puzzles and challenges are like brain games and are actually beneficial. Games that are 90% cutscene and jam packed with multiculturalism and feminism and other gamergate propaganda are about as good for your brain as a lead sandwich.
>>
>>42546496
>multiculturalism and feminism and other gamergate propaganda

jesus christ am i on /pol/
>>
>>42546557
/pol/ has infected the entire website and needs to be excised like the cancer it is
>>
>>42546604
It's not /pol/, it's just the culture we live in.

>tfw I dont hang out with irl friends anymore because all they want to do is talk politics, feminism and BLM.
>>
>>42546557
Did you actually somehow miss gamergate? It's not even a /pol/ thing.
>>
>>42546291
single player games are total waste of time.

multiplayer with ranking ladder are good to bring out competitiveness and increase test.

proof is me d1 league player and 6'5" 1/2/3/4 achieved
>>
>>42546291
They're fine as long as you dont form your identity around it.
>>
>>42546291
Video games with friends or just for a little while is good. If you play enough to consider yourself a "gamer" it becomes a problem.
>>
>>42546604
Or you could just leave since no one is forcing you to be here and read opinions that you don't agree with/want to hear.
>>
>>42546291
>>42546496
I spent most of HS playing DDR, cardio was great. In the past year I've only played Rocksmith 2014. Puzzle games are great too, Picross, Layton and Pheonix Wright, somewhat.
>>
>>42546604

I frequent several boards including /vp

It's not a /pol thing it's a societal thing.
>>
File: fish face.jpg (16KB, 540x654px) Image search: [Google]
fish face.jpg
16KB, 540x654px
>>42546604
>Lets get rid of the only semi-containment board.

Are you fucking retarded? Do you want an outbreak?
>>
I guess it depends on the game and how long you play it. Pretty much the only games that I play are MLB 15 on my PS3 and Starcraft on my laptop. The former is less intense while the latter can be pretty good at making you have to multitask and engage in constant strategy (that being said, I'm not too good since I find that I'm slow as fuck and need to work on being better at macroing). I agree with these guys >>42546885 >>42546877. There's few things cringier than "gamers" who never shut the fuck up about every game and know more shit about developers and whatnot as if you're talking to a farm director for a baseball franchise that can tell you every minute detail on some backup catcher in A-ball - except in this case the person sees the sun about as often a black guy sees his son, and he's nervous talking to his sister because she's a girl.
>>
>>42546604

infested? when was it ever any different, you little sheltered reddit snowflake? World is getting crazier by the minute and people express their opinions on anonymous board more than they can afford to do in your facebook and other social media. I believe that is the true cancer.
>>
>>42546937
it's not a "containment board" dipshit they AREN'T FROM HERE

get rid of /pol/ and the /pol/ types SIMPLY LEAVE because they're fucking phoneposters who didnt come here before 2016
>>
File: IMG_2839.jpg (33KB, 395x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2839.jpg
33KB, 395x353px
>>42546291
Not /fit/ related
>>
>>42546291
Games are numales hobby, it wastes your time and can also money. When I could put money I wasted on stocks I would be closer to bail any work forever.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/v/387490204
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.