[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I have a number of questions. I'll be as concise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: suicide squat.jpg (113KB, 705x605px) Image search: [Google]
suicide squat.jpg
113KB, 705x605px
Hey /fit/ I have a number of questions. I'll be as concise as I can.

1) For reasons I won't bore you with, I can't go to the gym for about a month. Should I just cut? I was thinking of doing Cardio and Calisthenics, but I don't know if there's an "SS" version of cardio or calisthenics. Can you help me out?

2) I recently noticed that when I squat, the tendons around my knee hurt when I go past parallel. The pain can get pretty bad. This happens with no weight too and has been happening for about 2 weeks. What gives? Should I stop squatting for a while?

3) I've been doing the mobility routine in the wiki for a while, but I feel like I "graduated" it. Could you recommend me any other routines that are a little more advanced? I have hyper mobile joints, so...

Also, my current stats:

173cm/80kg

Back Squats: 102.5kg

Deadlift: 120kg

Overheard barbell press: 50kg

Bench barbell press: 67.5kg

bent over rows: 70kg
>>
>>42541370

please help...
>>
>>42541370
>Overheard barbell press: 50kg
What did the barbell press say tho?
>>
>>42541865

fuke
>>
/fit/ please help me I am a lost lamb
>>
>>42541370
> pic related
OP just eat at maintenance calories throughout the month that you cant lift because cutting will make you lose all of your gains if you aren't lifting. I don't no why you cant go to the gym, but just do some light cardio and a basic calisthenics routine in the meantime.

Your form is probably fucked up on squats or you may be going too low. The best recommendation I can give you is to push your knees out when you squat so that they are aligned with your foot position on the ground. Watch Allan Thrall's squat tutorial and compare your form to that. Nothing to say about mobility.
>>
File: Bodyweight.jpg (3MB, 1539x4096px) Image search: [Google]
Bodyweight.jpg
3MB, 1539x4096px
1. The last thing you should do is cut. Pic related is a progression of calisthenics.
2. Deload to 80% and perform the lift correctly. Post form checks online on as many forums as possible. If you still have issues see a physical therapist.
3. If you have hypermobile joints then why work on your mobility? More mobility is not always better. You just need to be mobile enough to perform the athletic feats that you want to perform. For 99% of people, mobile enough to squat is mobile enough.
>>
>>42541370
Cut you lard ass, and stop doing SS soon
>>
>>42541370
You should be 10kg lighter.

Short + bulky is a terrible combo
>>
>>42542462

Like a Dwarf or some shit lmao

Yeah true but I need to get stronger first and work on hypertrophy for a bit and then I'll eventually work on losing weight and being nice and lean.

>>42542433

Alright, gotcha, thanks dude. But shouldn't everyone do some mobility work anyways? Stretches and mobility are important, right? Your tendons and muscles still need to be worked on, not just joints

>>42542390

It's a long story but this month it'll be pretty fucking difficult to be consistent. My knees also tend to kind of click and I can feel the tendons kind of moving into a different place.

You can go "too low" with squat? I always try to go as far down as I comfortably can Also you're right, my stance might be too narrow
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.