[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/, so my mom wants to start being "healthy"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lift.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
lift.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
hey /fit/, so my mom wants to start being "healthy" and fit and was asking me about routines she could do to achieve this.

whats a good routine for a woman in her early 50s? so far ive showed her Canditos linear program and she seems fine with it from whats she has read.

also she is a little apprehensive about bulking but i have assured her that it is required to build muscle and to progress on any program, but she is scared of getting fat. how long should the bulk/cut phase be to prevent this?

thank you for reading, i will be back in the morning to read through the responses.
>>
Just have her eat what she burns, so lets say her maintenance is 1800kcal have her eat 2200 or smth, that way she wont ache as much and she wont get fat
>>
Calorie count
And swim
Swimming will not kill her joins or back
Also mom pics plz
>>
>>42536269
Get her to train her grip strength, it is predictive of old age disability up to 25 years later.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/188748
>>
>>42536269
Get her on Starting Strength, with some caveats
>she can't bulk like a teenager, put her on a mainteinance diet
>progress will be painfully slow, and she'll soon move to a slower routine
>her objective should be to learn how to safely move big (for her) ass weights
>>
>>42536392
>woman on 50s
>maintenance 1800
nigga, a woman on her 50s has a really slow metabolism, and menopause fucks with her
>>
>>42536269

Swimming and water aerobics would be money for her. My mom who's in her 60s just started doing water aerobics and it's really helped her.

Good luck to your mom Anon.
>>
>>42536269
i used to train my mom before she stopped giving a fuck about her body and i was doing pretty well do a upper, lower, rest routine
on lowerbody make sure she goes heavy (heavy for her though) and upperbody does lots and lots of reps with moderate weight
>>
Try to find a lot of balance exercise with elastics and bosu balls and such, things to do on 1 foot. That's what my parents are doing with their physio. They were might active before (mountain hiking mainly), and stopped. Now they have a "senior" program based on balance, and they say they can feel the difference.

As an older woman, she one day risks falling and breaking her hip(s); so give your mom some chances.

Also, I'm sure you have
>>
>>42536269
Ok. I have been working out with my mom after I do my regular routine every day that she doesn't have to stay late for work.

All I am having her do is go through the basic compound lifts:
> OHP
> DL
> BP
> Squats

I go through one of these on an easy rotation so she can learn the correct posture and movements for each. After the one compound lift, I have her do maybe two accessory exercises depending on how far I push her on the compounds. Can't do a lot of ab work with her yet because she needs to lose at least another 20 lbs, but I have recently started putting her into planks for 10 sec. intervals and the last plank being to failure.

At the end, one full hour on the treadmill. No exceptions. With the change in her diet and as much consistency as possible, she has lost about 12 lbs. over two months. A significant amount of work for a woman at 52 years old. The goal is as close to 20 lbs. total by October. Use what you can from this I suppose. My mom never lifted in her life and she is having fun trying to learn all the exercises. Fairly good form, too.
>>
>>42537215
>facial symmetry is predictive of intelligence
>get plastic surgery to make face more symmetrical
>you are now smarter
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.