[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to go ass to grass with the damn smith machines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0794.png (29KB, 177x191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0794.png
29KB, 177x191px
is it possible to go ass to grass with the damn smith machines at planet fitness? there are no other gyms near me besides this place
>>
>>42533754
Do not squat in the smith machine. It's better to do leg press and practice pistol squats in the mean time until you can do them weighted
>>
>>42533754
Maybe there is a recreational center in your town with a free weights section?
>>
Just do Bulgarian split squats
>>
>>42533754
Until you can curl 75lb dbs with PROPER form (no leaning like a nigger to "rep" it) you can use planet fitness. The only people making fun of PF are either those who have never been, or those that don't squat to begin with yet always seem to pish its importance (which it is) yet they never seem to be gaining because, you guessed it, they're busy on /fit/ discussing (pissing and moaning) how bad smith machines are yet they aren't using shit to begin with.
>>
File: 1430459306152.jpg (22KB, 453x352px) Image search: [Google]
1430459306152.jpg
22KB, 453x352px
>>42533754
I have this shit figured out the best I can.
'Back Squat' (Ham, glute, some quad)
1. Feet way out in front. Think body with angle of the smith machine rail. Lean back on bar. I basically do 'low bar position bc it's comfy. It doesn't matter bc lol smith machine
2. Do not go ATG. The geometry is just to fucked. Just break parallel.
3. Drive hips squeeze glutes.
Now, turn the fuck around for more sets
'Front squat' (quads)
1. I do mine backwards in the machine. Most do it the right way
Combine these two
Finally:
Meet me in the shower bc we are 2 faggots that squat at Planet Fitness
>>
>>42533754
fuck squats dude lol do the fuckin curls man
>>
>>42534573
Your and idiot.
>>
On an angled Smith machine, what direction are you supposed to face for squats? I've seen people do both.
>>
>>42535331
I always faced outside the machine, but then I heard that facing towards te machine activates more of your core and hips. It does make it harder to squat at the same weight tho.
>>
>>42533754
You can squat in the smith machines, I do it all the time. Hell, I """""dead lift""""" in them too. You just don't go low enough for it to feel like a legit dead.
>>
Home gym.
>>
>>42535479
I'm gonna have to second this. Your money is better spent driving to a gym further away than going to planet fitness, but you're gonna use the commute as an excuse to not go to the gym. Take all that money you'd spend on gas and membership and start a simple home gym instead. If all you're doing is a beginner routine (which I assume you are if you're asking about PF) then you could get started at home for about $500 or possibly cheaper if you can find some local deals on Craigslist and such. If you buy new equipment it'll be a little more expensive, but I promise you however you do it a home gym is going to be the most worth it in your particular situation.
>>
>>42535477
Stand on plates
>>
>>42535287
do you live in wisconsin by chance
>>
>>42533754
Are you in Orange County NY?
>>
>>42534573
I'm seconding PF as a good beginner gym. I travel all around there is more likely a PF than any other gym in the area.
>>
bump because i fucking hate planet but i have no choice.
>>
>>42535315
*you're

Faggot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.