[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I was wondering if it's okay to drink a Guinness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: Guinness_7686a.jpg (878KB, 1055x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Guinness_7686a.jpg
878KB, 1055x1000px
Hey /fit/ I was wondering if it's okay to drink a Guinness once or twice a week and still make some good gains?
>>
>>42531727
Yea of course, no more than 5 a week, ideally 3
>>
If your under 30 you can drink at least 10 a day 5 days a week
>>
>>42531727
500ml has less than 200 calories.
>>
it lowers test, raises estrogen, empty calories, etc.. if youre under 25 then feel free to drink on 1 cheat day a week and it wont have an impact
>>
>>42531784
>it lowers test, raises estrogen
only if you're drinking at nearly alcoholic levels daily
>>
>>42531739
nice arbitrary numbers you stupid faggot
>>
Does it fit in your macros?

> Yes
Excellent, drink a Guinness

> No
Too bad, don't drink a Guinness
>>
Once or twice a week sounds harmless OP, as long as it isn't getting absolutely smashed on Guinnes alone once or twice a week. Gp ahead and enjoy yourself.
I just try to be as strict as possible with my diet while I'm at home so if I happen to get out on a pizza/a few pints/whatever through the week I never have to decline or feel guilty about it. But this also works only if your friends aren't completely degenerate fuckers who eat and drink shit every single day.
>>
Guinness is good for you
>>
>>42531727
>https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108323181
Very well sourced and very well explained here. It's fine to drink alcohol, but alcohol in general not only fucks with your endocrine system but inhibits the Krebs Cycle which is how your body conducts generates ATP (if I'm remembering AP Bio right, it's been like three years). Don't drink before a workout, and try to drink towards the end of your protein synthesis period.

I do wonder, one of the points in that post I linked talks about how the body produces LH and stuff to bring Test levels back up, which is why alcohol makes guys get aroused more easily. I wonder if you could microdose alcohol or something to naturally increase testosterone levels by keeping the body releasing LH constantly.
>>
>>42532951
>I do wonder, one of the points in that post I linked talks about how the body produces LH and stuff to bring Test levels back up, which is why alcohol makes guys get aroused more easily. I wonder if you could microdose alcohol or something to naturally increase testosterone levels by keeping the body releasing LH constantly.

https://kabukistrength.com/whiskeyanddeadlifts/
>>
>>42531816
Motor oil fits in my macros can I drink that?
>>
>>42532972
Alcohol also inhibits protein synthesis.
>>
Reminder 0.5g of alcohol per kg of body weight has no negative effects on your estrogen, protein uptake, testosterone, etc.

This is 3 standard drinks per 185lbs of body weight.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24748461

Enjoy your Guinness OP. Make sure it fits your macros.
>>
>drink a Guinness

Yeah that's fine. Don't drink more than 2 drinks in one sitting Binge drinking is horrible for you.
>>
>>42532994
3 standard drinks per month? Per week? Per day? Per second?
>>
>>42533017

Per 24 hour period.
>>
>>42532994
1 study, all citations come from the same source.
No thanks.
But OP, seriously do what you want, you're a full grown man. If you can work it in and get gains that's awesome, try it out.
>>
>>42532994

I don't know why everyone always ignores this. There are so many built up myths about drinking in "lifting culture" but this study BTFOs all of them.

Alcohol is empty calories and shouldn't be consumed in excess daily. But a beer or two a day is not going to negatively effect you in any way. Coincidentally 2-3 drinks a day is about the "recommended" safe consumption of alcohol by the FDA. Just don't be a degenerate alcoholic and you'll be alright.
>>
>>42533022

http://www.jsams.org/article/S1440-2440(13)00098-4/references

Here's an additional study supporting the original one I posted. I linked the references for you.
>>
>>42531798
>Near alcoholic levels
Then it's settled, go big or go home
>>
>>42531727
If you drop four eggs and two scoops into each pint
>>
>>42532994
>This is 3 standard drinks per 185lbs of body weight.

What is a standard drink? A can of beer? A shot of spirits?
>>
if you're cutting no.

If you aren't cutting then feel free.
>>
>>42533060

A standard drink is

1 12oz beer
1.5oz of 40% abv liqour
or some amount of wine I forget how much
>>
>>42533038
That's a horrible study. The effects were studied without a control of 26 rugby players in a single night.
That's a study someone did just to oss a class.
Look man, if you want to drink fucking do it. But don't post a bunch of shit studies and pretend alcohol is great for gains. There is no one out there who is not going to tell you that alcohol is damaging to the body.
An occasional drink or celebration most likely won't have any noticeable impact, just like the occasional McDonald's won't defeat your entire program. You can common sense this without playing pretend scientist.
>>
>>42532974
you can drink motor oil anytime oyu want bby :)
>>
>>42533096

>Alcohol is great for gains

You fucking retard. I never said this. I linked a secondary article supporting the original after you asked for more sources.

Neither claim that alcohol improves gains. It's ill effects regarding gains and estrogen production are meme'd and are only relevant in high daily usage. That's all I'm trying to say. High horse riders like you come on here and berate anyone drinking a beer and don't realize that alcohol in low amounts has literally no effect on protein uptake, testosterone, or estrogen.

I never said it was good for gains you dolt. It's obviously empty calories.
>>
>>42533126
I didn't berate anyone I even urged op to try it out. Calm down buddy obviously you need a drink.
You were told your studies suck, which they do.
>>
>>42532974
Are you actually retarded?

To those concerned, alcohol is a poison. Beer doesn't even taste that good. It's a meme drink. Why drink poison that tastes like piss when you could drink something that- if anything else- isn't bad for you.
>inb4 "beer doesn't taste like piss"
Yeah whatever you say, fag.

Imagine if our culture didn't shove alcohol down our throats, it'd be the same as tobacco, we'd realize it's a shitty drug, and an actual poison that kills people, and we would stop using it.
>inb4 "it's only bad if you drink too much"
Yeah whatever you say lad. So is any other poison until you ingest too much.
>>
>>42533154

>>You were told your studies suck, which they do.

>Hurrr this study only has source
>Link study with 30 source
>Dude but this one is too low scale lmao

Yeah, fuck off nu-/fit/
>>
File: ho0ly.jpg (48KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
ho0ly.jpg
48KB, 500x495px
>>42533164

Imagine being this much of a fucking DYEL square
>>
>>42533164
Everyone drank alcohol back in the day when water was too dirty mong and humanity got on fine.

Why are anti alcohol fanatics such fucking but jobs?
>>
>>42533183
that's a sound defense you have there. Is it really so hard coming up with a valid reason to justify slowly destroying your mind and body? Your only alternative is to call me a square. Weak.

These are the people that would promote you killing yourself in order to make themselves feel better about their addiction. There is no argument for the use of alcohol. It is a shit-tier drug, it doesn't make things more fun, and it kills.
>>
>>42533210
Because they need to justify why they stay home and masturbate in bed instead of going to a bar with friends.

>>42533252
>replying this much to a pepe poster
whew man maybe you shouldn't drink I have a feeling you would get worse
>>
>>42532974
I would highly recommend drinking motor oil, in fact go try some right now.
>>
>>42533210
Probably because we know how to behave properly and that comes off as "lame." Guess what, I used to go out and party and it isn't as cool as people would like to think. It's actually the opposite, it's mostly trashy people that don't have anything better to do or immature kids that don't know better.

You should do some research, people didn't prefer alcoholic drinks over water. The exception being long sea voyages, alcohol was mixed with water rations to kill any microbes and give it some flavor. Water is the #1 thing when it comes to sustaining life, people wouldn't try to live where they couldn't have clean enough water to even make beer.
Even if they did, the argument for using alcohol because people did it out of necessity in ancient times is nonsense when you have access to purified water straight from the tap or at any corner store.
>>
>>42531784
What is this "cheat day" shit? I thought it was a stupid meme that only nigger gym-rats and crossfit girls believed.
>>
>>42533362
It is a meme. If you eat clean you don't want to have a cheat day because shitty food makes you feel like shit and ruins your taste for healthy food

It's what fatties do to motivate themselves to eat healthy during the week, and that's why they stay fat.

>>42533295
You're not projecting are you? I'm bringing up valid points, trying to help show my anon bros the light, but you're so insecure about your bad habits you have to resort to attacking my character? You're not a pisswater shill are you? Are you here to shoot down any naysayers that preach out against your addicting memedrink?
>>
>>42533356
Relaxing with some alcohol every once in a while doesn't equal being an irresponsible shitheel partygoer, you unbelievable sperg. Not once have I met a man who's "straight edge" or argues for absolute sobriety that wasn't a smug faggot

>purified water straight from the tap
Ah, that explains everything. Keep slurping up your tap, soyboy
>>
>>42534380
You need to meet more people and move to an area with high quality tap water
>>
>>42531784
>>it lowers test, raises estrogen
Explain how my drunk womanlet stepmum used to beat the shit out her 6'3" 22 year old daily
>>
>>42534784
Previously established psychological dominance. I bet he didn't do much swinging back.
>>
>>42533164
Fucking everything is poison and can kill you if you put too much of it in your Body.... stupid fuck.

Ancient greeks said "μέτρον ἄριστον"
"Moderation is best"
So you can put everything in you, the ONLY Thing that can be a problerm is the amount.
>>
>>42533252
Like i said, "μέτρον ἄριστον", Moderation is best.
There is a valid reason for drinking a small amount of Alkohol, without doing any harm to you Body.
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/why-alcohol-is-good-for-you
http://nutritionadvance.com/alcoholic-beverages-longevity-lifespan/
May you Live Longer
>>
alc sucks cauz it makes u lazy.
thats y i drink only at the weekends if i want to.
>>
>>42531727

Stouts are one of the "healthier" beers, if you're going down that route. Stay away from IPAs.
>>
>>42533356
>The exception being long sea voyages, alcohol was mixed with water rations to kill any microbes and give it some flavor.

No. Spirits were issued straight for many many years. The watering down of spirits came from the belief that it caused less drunkenness.
>>
>>42532974
that depends,
if you are a twostroke then no.
fourstroke then go ahead.
>>
>>42533356
>Guess what, I used to go out and party and it isn't as cool as people would like to think.
Spoken like a true autist.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.