[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black = 160 kcal per day surplus. White = 600 kcals more tha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Black = 160 kcal per day surplus.
White = 600 kcals more than white.

The difference in LBM gain between them is tiny. The difference in strength gain is even tinier (the low-surplus group even increased their squat by more than the high-surplus group).

Why do people keep recommending huge surpluses that add tons of fat when the lean bulk is so clearly superior?

Here's the study: https://moscow.sci-hub.cc/0762d9c7e00b119e9385d698a99acbfa/garthe2013.pdf
>>
File: 1461847545001.jpg (57KB, 598x425px) Image search: [Google]
1461847545001.jpg
57KB, 598x425px
>>42519765
since people for some reason take advice aimed for people on steroids

reminder there is no such thing as a natural bodybuilder, only a weak fool who should hop on gear and continue their routine or take up a strength training routine for better all around gains natty
>>
>>42519765
So you're an athlete on all sorts of roids and not a novice or intermediate that will make insane leaps in strength if that's the case go lean bulk then.
>>
>>42519765
the idea of fatfucking yourself and then getting shredded is a holdover from roided bodybuilders, if you're natural it works far better to stay 10-12% on the low end and 15-17% on the high end, cut to 10-12% and bulk moderately to 15-17%

this way you can be in a surplus and train productively most of the year but never get fat and experience all the negative hormonal feedback loops and then have to cut for months at a time

i think the reason 500 cal surplus is recommended is because it's damn hard to nail a 160 cal surplus daily, just doing a little more walking one day could totally erase that surplus, so it's better to gain a little faster and ensure you are getting the most out of your training
>>
>>42519765
I bulk 11months, cut 1 month each year and it works great.
>>
lean gains has always been the best method for a natty athlete
don't be retarded and make yourself fat while thinking you're getting stronger than you would if you didn't eat that extra slice of cheesecake
fat people are horrible human beings
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.