[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to get an accurate scale. Any recommendations? Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 61vAavHg5gL._SL1500_[1].jpg (81KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61vAavHg5gL._SL1500_[1].jpg
81KB, 1500x1500px
Looking to get an accurate scale.

Any recommendations?
Will any cheap scale on Amazon do the job?
>>
That's my exact scale... works pretty well. It's built well too, definitely, would recommend.

Don't even bother with "advanced" scales that try and measure bodyfat, they're really inaccurate. That cheap one will work well.
>>
>cheap scale
nope
>>
Doesn't really matter as long as you use the same one. Even if the scale is inaccurate it's still usually consistent with itself so you know if you've gained or lost weight.
>>42514875
Yup it's all memes and the sensors they use for measuring weight aren't even better, just throw a 10 cent microchip on there and ask for 50 dollars more.
>>
>>42514875
>>42514932
Enjoy your scales that put your last known weight on instead of remeasuring to fool you into thinking that they are accurate in any way.
>>
>>42514954
>last known weight
I see you fell for the SMART WEIGHT meme. How the fuck is a simple scale with no memory chip or anything supposed to remember my last weight? You're literally criticizing something only possible if you didn't do what was adviced in those posts.
>>
>>42514963
Most cheap chinese scales have smart weight, yuropoors. It's not a feature. It's to disguise the poor quality.
A cheap $9 scale from the grocery store has smart weight.
>>
>>42514860
Have that exact scales in pic and it works fine. Gives consistent repeated readings.
>>
>>42514983
So don't fucking buy that one and get the $9 mechanical scale either. I didn't say you can't get meme scales for cheap, I said get a cheap scale AND one without all the unnecessary "features".
>>
>>42514999
Mechanical scales are no longer cheap.
All the cheap scales are the same glass plate pcb package with slightly different feet made in the same factory in china.
>>
get a balance beam scale
>>
>>42515019
The scale I have cost like 15€ and it was probably manufactured in China (can't see any "made in" text on it) but it was designed in Germany by a German company. Good enough for me. I still believe those dirty tricks you mentioned are reserved for no-brand chinese generic shit. This has all the EU standards markings on it too.
>>
>>42514954
Also just to test this teory I measured myself, grabbed a half liter coke and measured myself again. Result was +0.5kg. There goes your conspiracy theory.
>>
>>42515066
>>42515080
There are no standards in the US for bath scales.
>>
I have that same scale, but one of the reviews on Amazon notes

> Secondly, the scale kind of cheats. If your weight falls within 0.6 pounds of your last measure, it will just revert to the previous measurement. It gives the scale the illusion of being accurate (because the weight readout doesn't jump around) but it can actually be inaccurate if you actually lost half a pound.

I'm not sure if this is true. If I had to speak from experience I would say it actually is true, as I measure myself every morning and I've had weeks where my weight is within +/- .1lbs, and then one day it just jumps an entire pound overnight.
>>
>>42515117
Also the amazon reviews for scales are fucking hilarious. Check out the critical reviews for any of the popular ones and not how pretty much every complaint is someone whining that their weight fluctuates throughout the day. Either that or fucking morons putting their scale on a carpet
>>
>>42515099
It's not like I know what any of these mean. It's probably all just electrical shit to signify it's safe for home use.

Next time you're at wal-mart and see a $9 scale try the coke bottle test.
>>
>>42514954
>>42515117
Holy shit you're right. The trigger is just a little smaller. I tried adjusting the weight by a little over 100g and funnily enough it stops at the correct new measurement (-0.1kg) then jumps to the previous measurement. At first I figured it was just rounding but 150g did the same thing, 200g and it accepted the weight had changed.
>>
>>42515192
Yea, I track my weight every morning first thing when I wake up and it's obvious that it just uses the previous measurement sometimes. For example, I had three days in a row where I weighed 155.2lbs, and assuming the scale is accurate within +/- .2lbs it's basically impossible that between eating, shitting and hydration my weight didn't even change a fifth of a pound in either direction over three days.

Anyways, I don't think it's a big deal. With a scale like this it's probably better not to weigh yourself every day though - maybe like three times a week would give you a more accurate weekly average. If I take the average of seven measurements over the course of a week, my week-to-week weight gain is only around half a pound. If I eliminate the duplicate measurements that number jumps to around a pound per week, which is closer to where I should be given my calorie intake.
>>
I have no idea how much I weigh, I've talked to people who are the same height, obviously smaller and still weigh more then me.

Either they are lying or all of my scales are fucked up
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.