[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a skinny DYEL, third week of going to the gym, doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1501290502955.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501290502955.png
37KB, 700x600px
I'm a skinny DYEL, third week of going to the gym, doing Greyskull LP, the /fit/ edition.

How long did it take you to be able to do 3x5 chinups / dips ? At the moment I can do maybe 3 chinups, and then I have to go into doing negatives. Dips the same. Is it gonna take me a year? More? Less?

Pic related. It's the program.

Also, should I alternate dips & chinups with closegrip bench and rows or just keep at them since I started only doing those already?
>>
>>42513876
Chin ups will take some time to master. Keep doing negatives and also try doing some work with the lat pulldown machine. Seeing how you are skinny and currently able to do 3, you should be able to make it up to 5 pretty quick. Just keep eating right and get plenty of rest. Also, make sure you are doing some kind of horizontal pull movement. Barbell rows, dumbbell rows, or cable rows, just choose one and get good at it.

Keep working with dips,but if you have any pain in your shoulder or sternum, then do not do them. Dips are a great exercise for both your chest and triceps, but they are not for everyone. Not everyone is anatomically capable of dips.
>>
>>42513876
>ow long did it take you to be able to do 3x5 chinups / dips ? At the moment I can do maybe 3 chinups, and then I have to go into doing negatives. Dips the same.
Alright ima let you in of a secret pullup protocol I made, designed for people who have trouble doing them with jus ttheir bodyweight. Would also work for dips. Ive tested this on 10+ people and it works

First thing you do it test max reps. then we do a certain amount of reps based on the max reps you get initially. So lets say you get 3 reps with your max rep test. We multiply that 3 by 2 and you get 6 total reps. So you proceed doing 6 reps total in whatever way you want. Advice is do them in a submaximal way so what I would tell you to do is do 6 sets of 1 rep, this way you dont fail reps.

If you get the same number next time then simply do more total reps than last time, increase by 2-5 reps.

This works guaranteed, good luck.
>>
>>42513913

Yeah, I did fuck up my shoulder last time I did dips cause I had bad form, but now I'm good.
So you're saying I should alternate chinups and rows? Or should I do them both on the same day? More volume.

Another thing though: when I do chinups, I feel all stretched out in the stomach / sternum area. Is that normal?

>>42513933
Aight anon, I'll try that.
>>
Last week I finally did 3x5.
It took me 3 months and when I started I could only do 2 reps.
>>
>>42515214
Forgot to say I was talking about chin ups ...
>>
>>42515214

How did you get to that point anon? Negatives?
>>
>>42515257
At first yes. Until I could do like 4 or 5 reps.
Then I started to do just as many sets as I could.
Like 3/3/3/2/2/1, so that I had about 15 reps in total. I was able to do a 1 or 2 reps more every workout.
At some point I raised the total number of reps to 20 and later to 25, so that I could finish all reps in 6 sets max.
The week I reached 3x5 I actally did 5/5/5/4/3/3.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.