[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to start losing weight >start alternate day fast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: failed bench.jpg (47KB, 634x478px) Image search: [Google]
failed bench.jpg
47KB, 634x478px
>want to start losing weight
>start alternate day fast and download Stronglifts 5X5 as suggested in sticky
>wants me to do barbell bench presses but I have nobody to spot me
>terrified of hurting/killing myself if I fail a rep or drop it on my face
Even with a safety pins in place I'm still scared something could go wrong. Is there any reason why I can't just use dumbbells instead?
>>
You won't be lifting heavy enough to hurt yourself for a while.

Also, you lose weight by counting calories, not by lifting.
>>
>>42508530
just don't put clips on the barbell. That way you can dump the weight. Or you could go the expensive route and invest in a lever gym. Best 1300 I ever spent.
>>
>needing a spotter under 2pl8.

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>42508605
I've already got the calorie counting part down by fasting (1500-2000kcal on feed days, <500 on fast days). The sticky tells me that lifting burns calories and fat, while increasing metabolism. I'm inclined to believe that.
>>42508662
No money or space, I have to use military gym equipment.
>>
>falling for the SL meme

It's an OK program, but Medhi is a salesman, not a trainer.

A better program would be such:

A day -

Bench 4x6
Close grip deloaded bench 1x10
Corner barbell rows 4x6
Incline DB bench 3x10
Tricep pull downs 3x10
Neutral grip Chin-ups 3x5
Hanging leg raises 3x10

B Day -

Squat 4x6
OHP 4x6
DL 1x6
BB curls 3x10
Dips 3x5
Hanging leg raises 3x10

Keep rests to 3 minutes, no longer.

Alternate between ABA and BAB weeks. StrongLifts does not provide enough volume within the first 6 months of lifting when starting with low weights. Only when you get into intermediate weights does it become an issue. Low volume and intensity = poor results.

There is no reason to squat 12 times a month, even as a newbie. Six times a month is all you need for the lift to help compliment your other lifts.

Your triceps are your weakest muscle on compound lifts if you've never lifted before. You should be blasting the shit out of them.

Everybody loves nice biceps. You should be working them just as much as any other muscle. Medhi is a fucking retard who honestly believes simply squatting big will grow biceps. They work just like every other muscle, direct work is required to grow them.

I would never suggest the default SL program to anybody.
>>
>>42508688

You need to eat on rest days as well if you plan on lifting seriously.

Otherwise stick to bitch weight and high reps. You'll never be able to build strength and muscle by cutting half of your weekly caloric intake.

Muscles require calories to grow. And they grow when you're resting.
>>
File: skull blower.png (89KB, 270x260px) Image search: [Google]
skull blower.png
89KB, 270x260px
>>42508865
Well if I'm being perfectly honest, I'm more interested in losing weight fast right now than building muscle. My next PT test isn't for a year after all. If I have to pick between building strength and dropping fat, I'll take the latter right now. Still, I should still be doing some lifting to help (at least) maintain muscle mass and burn more fat, right?

Fuck, fitness is complicated.
>>
>>42508950

Just eat at a 300cal deficit everyday and lift on a high volume/medium intensity 6-day PPL.

SL is not a weight loss oriented program. It's is 100% strength focused and it takes almost a full year to reach the primary goal of the program.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.