[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it legitimately harder for tall guys to make gains or is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1520.jpg (92KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1520.jpg
92KB, 612x612px
Is it legitimately harder for tall guys to make gains or is it just a matter of eating more?
>>
a taller person has more surface area, do you think 1kg of muscle will look the same on a midget and on the Rock?
>>
not harder to get gains physically, but because of proportions you will always look lankier than a stout guy.
>>
>>42507737
its a matter or eating more
>>
>>42507737
Both, you'll have to lift longer, heavier, and eat more to be able to do so, to look the same as a shorter guy at a given size.
On the bright side, once you get there, you'll look huge.
>>
>>42507737
Yes, for several reasons. Larger body makes equivalent mass gains look like less. You have a higher TDEE so you need to eat more to be at the same surplus, which can be difficult for some people. Longer ROM can make it more difficult to progress.
>>
>>42507786
Not true, that just depends on your torso to leg ratio
>>
File: 00.png (72KB, 205x201px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
72KB, 205x201px
>>42508366
>torso to leg ratio
What's that
I have long legs
does that mean I'm fucked
>>
>>42507737
Honestly don't get tall guys going for the shredded look I'm a 5"7 no one will give a shit about me if I was 6"6 I'd immediately go strongman mode so fucking huge and imposing.
>>
>>42508388
fucked compared to the average pants consumer
>>
>>42508388
Better. Your legs will look underdeveloped but your upper body will look ripped faster
>>
>>42507737
Why the fuck would he even purchase this home if that's his basement?
Fuck, there was this beautiful home I could have bought last year that was fully updated and had a finished basement, but the basement had a 6' ceiling. You had to fucking duck to be in it.

It looked great, it was just a shame you had to sit or crawl to use the space. And I certainly wouldn't put forward 190,000bucks on something like that.
>>
Im 6'4 and pretty active and I've been eating about 4500 calories to gain weight.
>>
>>42508732
Pretty sure that's his dorm room m8
>>
>>42507737
Its a matter of needing to eat more. Theyre bigger = more space for muscle fibers to cover = more to maintain and feed.
A college basketball player who was about 6'8" and 160 who needed to bulk posted here a couple years ago about needing around 6000+ to bulk. I think he finally decided on 7500 cal a day abd around last year about this time had gained like 70 lbs.
>>
>>42507786

meh. short guys wont have as big arms as tall guys, assuming peak lvls.
>>
>>42507737
Upper body gains are tougher
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.