[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This pic is from a year ago and i havent really made any progress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Foto 12.09.16, 18 21 26.jpg (70KB, 489x473px) Image search: [Google]
Foto 12.09.16, 18 21 26.jpg
70KB, 489x473px
This pic is from a year ago and i havent really made any progress since then, even tho i lift regularly.
I know my physique is mediocre but i seem not to be able to make progress anymore. Also my lifts are not very good. I squat ~110kg for reps, deadlift 160kg 3x5 and bench 100kg 3x5.

I also count my macros und eat healthy.

Any anons here that hit a huge plateau and have overcome it? I only lift 3 days a week and prefer to keep it like that. The gym is pretty far away and lifting isnt my #1 priority.
>>
prob your diet then. how does your macros look like? and what kind of routine are you on?
>>
>>42506233
Have you been:
1. Eating at a small surplus
2. Slowly adding more reps, sets, weight on the bar
>>
>>42506233
either your routine doesn't have enough volume or you aren't eating enough or both
>>
you have body dysmorphia

also which country you from nigger?
>>
>>42506252
>>42506253
>>42506254

I'm pretty sure my calories are on point. I cut down to 10% bf once and slowly but steadily gained wait since then.
My volume is pretty low tho, just focusing on compound exercises worked really well for the first while, but maybe its time now to add more isolation exercises. I dont really get stronger in my compound lifts, but i gain bodyfat.
>>
>>42506277
germany, why
>>
>>42506292
german filename and similar lifts/body to one guy i see at the gym
>>
>>42506285
you don't get stronger in your compound lifts because you probably do a few sets of five and expect that to drive adaptation even though you have been lifting for a while

do a lot more volume on your compounds, and then add accessories on top of that

do something like 5/3/1 + joker sets + FSL + accessories and watch the gains roll in, or do nSuns 5/3/1, or greg nuckols' 28 free programs
>>
You're going to have a lot of people telling you what you probably already know - you're either not eating enough or not lifting enough - and they're also all right
so let me just suggest some more practical advice -

Start Madcow Intermediate and make sure you're getting enough calories in.
Add accessory work.
Monitor your weight, if you're not gaining you aren't eating enough.
>>
>>42506292
I moved to austria 8 months ago tho
>>42506319
Guess youre right. I haven really changed anything in my routine for a long time.
>>
>>42506369
you were doing good until you recommended the single worst routine you could do as an intermediate

if he's not doing enough volume the last thing he should do is Madcow, which is low volume as fuck
>>
>>42506285
You should be gaining ~2 lbs per month. What does your rep scheme look like? Literally the easiest way to progress is to do 3x5-10. Each session try and add at least 1 rep per set. Once you hit 3x10, add 5lbs to the bar and start back at 5 reps
>>
>>42506392
After SL I did Madcow and gained both a very sizable amount of strength and mass, my bench was at 132kg by the time I needed to cut - SL brought my bench from about 70kg to about 105kg, in comparison.

Volume isn't the only variable you can change to get gains -
if he can marginally increase his work weights he's going to develop mass and strength - switching to weekly progress was IMO what did it for me.
>>
>>42506572
I'm glad you made gains on a garbage program, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a garbage program

falling for two Medhi memes in a row, wew fucking lad
>>
>>42506620
If it works it isn't garbage my man.
>>
>>42506233
If you're not on gear..then you're pretty much peak natural.
You can do very little to build more muscle then you have at the moment.
You'll only see a gain of about 1-5 pounds of muscle a year from now on.

Don't be upset that you're not as big as the guys on stage or physique guys.
They're all on ball shrinking amounts of gear.

Don't go fucking crazy with strength training or bodybuildign or even consider gear abuse.
It's not worth it and you'll end up up with less muscle mass and a ruined endocrine system when you inevitably come off.
>>
> The gym is pretty far away and lifting isnt my #1 priority.

Looks like you answered your own question.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.