[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /fit/, how do I fix APT? I've read about stretching,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: anterior-pelvic-tilt-1-918x482.jpg (22KB, 918x482px) Image search: [Google]
anterior-pelvic-tilt-1-918x482.jpg
22KB, 918x482px
sup /fit/, how do I fix APT?

I've read about stretching, and I've tried it. But I don't feel anything when stretching, how do I know if it's working?

How often should I be stretching? I've tried APT stretches for a week and didn't see any improvements
>>
>>42498931
Stretching won't fix it alone, actually it might cause other problems as well. What helped me most was doing a lot more of glute work; it seems like APT is often due to glutes weakness more than hip flexor tightness. When your glutes are stronger they'll pull your spine back into the right place. Plus, doing glutes-intensive work like bridges, thrusts, sumo deadlifts etc. will help your body find the right position for your pelvis.
>>
Fix your gait/feet and the rest will follow. Trying to bandaid upper portions of the kinetic chain is rather painful in my experience
>>
>>42498931
Honestly the best advice I ever received was the following:

When you sit, try to sit on the "spikes" of your ass--that boney part of your butt should be digging into the chair. Then flex your butt. that is your sitting position.

When walking, flex your butt and raise your chest up so that your nipples aren't pointing at the ground. Now maybe flex your abs a little bit. You've just fixed your standing posture.
>>
>>42498931
Get a friend to hammer it back into place
>>
>>42499205
This is the correct answer.

1. Stretch hip flexors inn lunge position.
2. Strengthen glutes.
3. Profit
>>
Also strengthen hamstrings.
>>
How come no one mentioned weak abs? Number one cause is a lower back much tighter than abs. Work on abs
>>
>>42498931
deadlifts
>>42502323
>abs
you meant, lumbar erectors and erector spinae, didn't you
>>
>>42502334
No i meant abs you illiterate nigger
>deadlift
Wrong
>>
>>42502363
ah ok, you're yet another of those underage summer children.
>>
>>42500704
This isnt true.

Its not about strength, and the hip flexors are rarely to tight for you to stand up properly.

APT (which isnt an issue) comes from positional habits. If you sit a lot or spend a lot of time in certain positions your body with adapt.
And therefor the best way to fix it is to simply change to position throughout the day to the position you want to be in.

Learn how it feels to be a position with less APT and maintain that throughotu the day. Find tricks to help you to remind yourself. The better youre at it the faster it will happen, and expect it to take anywhere from ~2-5 weeks.

And for those who recommend lifting. It doesnt matter if you spend 1 hour a day fixing it, if you spend the other 23 fucking it up.
>>
>>42502389
ask anyone deadlifting more than lmao2pl8s if they feel comfortable with a bad posture when they're not lifting.
>>
>>42502418
APT is normal among powerlifters, strongmen and athletes. And your body adapts to it. Which is why posture rarely cause injuries.

There isnt really a "bad posture". Sure it may not look as nice, but if it was a bad as people here think then studies would have shown a strong correlation, but it does not.
Which is why physiotherapists who stay updated doesnt look at posture. In some cases it can cause injuries, but that is very specific cases, and it doesnt apply to the general population.
>>
>APT is normal among powerlifters, strongmen and athletes. And your body adapts to it. Which is why posture rarely cause injuries.
I definately have APT and also overhead pressing even 60 pounds causes my lower spine to burn so I switched to doing them seated. Am I that special case? Because it doesn't feel right at all.
>>
>>42502509
No, youre confusing posture with technique. If you arch your spine too much during overhead press youre putting too much pressure on certain points, but the same posture when youre not performing or lifting dause cause this issue. So when you lift youre spine should be neutral, If you have APT then just set it to neutral when youre lifting, and you will be good.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.