[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seen good results doing rep ranges around 8 instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Has anyone seen good results doing rep ranges around 8 instead of 5? I thought about changing my compounds like squats, front squats, OHP and bench to the higher rep range to see if I benifit from it.
>>
>>42498095
For biceps and calves I tend to go high reps.
>25-30 for calves
>12 for bi's
My chest will explode at as low as 4 reps and grows disproportionately quick but my fucking biceps are utter cunts that only grow at high reps/many sets
>>
>>42498095
I injured myself (not lifting related) and added 3-4 reps to every set I did and lowered the weights right down to pretty much the bar so I could keep lifting and not kill my already fucked shoulder.
E.g. squats went from 3×5 to 3×8 + 1 set as many reps as possible as a last set and only move up a weight if I hit 8 in that last set.
I am now stronger and bigger than pre injury and am still doing that sort of rep and set ranges. I'm not the biggest or strongest here and I'm sure your mileage will vary but I would say there is not much difference for natural more casual lifters like myself.
There is that rep and set study infograph thing gloating around and says something that agrees with that but I don't have it handy and can't say I looked at it in depth.
>>
>>42498182
So you would say it's safer and better to lower the weight but add reps?
>>
>>42498288
It's what I felt comfortable doing. I wouldn't say it's any more safe. I just didn't like loading my shoulder too much.
My physio said I should stop lifting at first so I stopped and then when I had the all clear to start again I started like a novice with just the bar on everything. I wanted to progress very slowly so I didn't injur myself more and low weight higher reps seemed to fit the bill. I picked 8 reps because that's what my physio exercises were all in and figured I'll just do the same with everything.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.