[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ex military here? Civilianfag fitness question: let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Overlord.jpg (56KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord.jpg
56KB, 800x600px
Any ex military here?

Civilianfag fitness question: let's say you're out in combat and you get sick, i.e. fevers/chills etc., but because you're out in combat fending for your life you can't just take a day off to recover.

What do you do? Did you do like, electrolyte packs and amphetamines?

What'd you do when you had absolutely no choice but to perform?
>>
>>42497702
This isn't WWI. If it's bad enough, you get sent to your quarters to rest it out. If it's mild, you get a little antibiotics and hope you get over it quick.
>>
>>42498102
I guess what I'm saying is, what if it was like WWI? what do?
>>
>>42498126
kill the red baron
>>
>>42498126
In that case, you either survive it or die, I think. And in the meantime be incredibly miserable while also being shot at.
>>
>>42497702
well, Let's asume that drugs like amphetamines are not available, and in that case you would have to scratch your ass three times with a crocked rasberri stick. this will temporarely remove all illness.
>>
Ranger dip baby.

In the MREs there is a small pouch of instant coffee, tastes like shit but if you put that shit in your gumline it will keep you going for a few more hours.
>>
>>42497702
I got sick as shit training once, threw up like a motherfucker and my PL just kind of watched and laughed so yeah. Felt like I was gonnna die. Turns out everyone got everyone got dysentery. Still had to do dumb army shit.
>>
>>42498933
This.

Did that more than I care to admit when I deployed

>>42500449
Also this, you suck it up and keep going till you're about to die
>>
>>42498933
Or just actual dip. Dip kept me sane throughout my enlistment.
>>
>>42497702
>cough up blood
>go to doc
>get cold pack
>back to work faggot
>>
>>42497702
>fitness
>>
If you're really curious what it's like to be surrounded by sickness out on the front lines watch The Pacific
>>
>>42497702
navy vet here
i never got sick but one summer i went home on leave to see my folks
me and my dad go to this river to do snorkeling to find cool shit in the river. forgot sunscreen but figured we only be out there for 30-45 min max
hour and a half later i have a sever sunburn
2nd degree on my entire back, shoulders and chest.
i had to take hide it because it was soo bad that i prob would have had to go to the hospital with the blisters being the size of grape fruit which led to scabbing but with the layers of skin coming off they kept opening up. worst sunburn ive ever had. god the liquid that drained from the blisters could only be described as popcorn butter you see at the movies. anyway if you end up hurting yourself so bad that you have to go to the hospital and it's not the military's fault and could have been easily avoided, you'd get court marshaled. so over the course of a month i took the strongest pain killers i could, went through a whole bottle of allow verra, and went back to work.
>>
>>42500876
What if it's an accident like a car crash that wasn't your fault?
>>
>>42501002
if it could be proven with eye witness testimony, video or seen as an act of nature like a tree falling in your way then by all means the military will have your back.
>>
Got pneumonia from the pneumonia vaccine in boot camp, got sucrets and rack time.
>>
>>42501101
Also had a guy in prototype that broke his wrist on a motorcycle he didn't have training to drive, instead of taking the hit he fell down some stairs and then blamed it on that.
>>
>>42497702
that's when I break out the secret weapon (pic related)
>>
>>42498933
But Are you tabbed?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.