[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TDEE calculators got me all messed up. I'm 180cm, 72kg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tdee-calculator-damnripped[1].png (17KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
tdee-calculator-damnripped[1].png
17KB, 758x426px
TDEE calculators got me all messed up.

I'm 180cm, 72kg, DYEL, doing GreySkull LP, so 3 days a week, trying to bulk.

Using tdeecalculator.net it say I need 3,189 calories per day and 239 fucking grams of protein?!? Isn't that INSANELY high for me ( talking about the protein )? I barely get half of that per day, and it says something about 4 calories per gram for protein and carbs and 9 for fat. Do I really need to worry about all that shit?
>>
>>42494302
Just focus on getting as closing to the percentages and not the actual calorie consumption. Eat as much as you can if building -- stay ~ 500cal below to trim.
>>
idk your age/bf% but putting in your other deets, I'm getting nowhere near that for calories, are you sure you didn't fudge the form?

And yeah I wouldn't take their protein suggestions too seriously, they're just based on macro ratios rather than minimum requirements.
>>
>>42494523
I'm 23.

And sorry, I shoulda mentioned the 3,189 calories and 239 grams of protein are when I selected bulking. Otherwise I have 2,689 calories for maintanance.
>>
>>42494523
Oh wait nvm, those are your bulking calories, don't mind me.

Anyway, I'd just try a couple more calculators and see you're getting similar results. And for protein, rule of thumb is 1g per lb of bodyweight. Some people do more if they're going low carb or if they're cutting, some people do less if they can get away with it, just feel it out. If you're gaining strength, you're probably getting enough protein.
>>
>>42494302
Use this calculator:
http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
It's much more accurate, and if you have your body fat percentage, you should use the Katch-Mcardle formula.
Reminder that you need a min of 2.5g/ kg of protein (In pounds it would be 1.15g/lb).
(Some guys use a lower value, of 1g/lb, equivalent to 2.2g/kg, it could be enough for you, but I prefer to eat a little more just in case).
2.5 * 72 = 180g of protein
You can go up to 3g /kg when bulking.
3 * 72 = 216g of protein.

When bulking you need less protein compared to cutting, this is because when losing weight you need more protein to avoid muscle mass breakdown.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.