[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been posting lurking here until I became 20 and quit going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Been posting lurking here until I became 20 and quit going to the gym.

Been wanting to start working out again (nearly 23 now) but I'm poor as fuck.

Could I just do compound lifts with dumbbells provided I get a somewhat decent dient and linear progress? If so, are there any modular dumbbells sets you guys can recommend?
>>
>Could I just do compound lifts with dumbbells
Yes, but you'd need some heavy ass dumbbells soon enough, which are usually prohibitively expensive to buy a full set of.
Just go to a cheap shitty gym, it's better than no gym at all. Alternatively, save up and buy a bar, rack and plates for $1k, and they'll last decades with a little maintenance.
>>
>>42492888
Yeah that's is why I was asking about modular dumbbells which can take multiple plates.
>>
>>42492463
bump
>>
Planet fatness membership for $10 a month
>>
>>42492923
I will say that I've used olympic dumbbells for training before, and no matter what, once you start putting a serious amount of weight on them, the clips will start to slide due to tilting and plates will fall on your face during bench press. Never again.
>>
>>42492923
It won't be enough. Heavy dumbbells are expensive as fuck, the higher the kgs the higher the price.
I mean you do what you can, so you should buy what you can afford. You can still get some work done with lighter DBs. A pullup bar is a good investment though.
>>
>>42493750
Pullup bar is our of the question, the roof is too low and the walls are not strong enough.
>>
I mean you can get into shape with dumbells and a jump rope and even get a heavy bag. Do fighting cross training workouts and just get a lean mean body.

If you are super poor it will be hard to eat enough and get into a proper gym so getting huge shouldn't be your main goal
>>
>>42493910
Getting in shape is more important for me at the moment.

Will 30 pound max modular dumbbells be enough for a start? Seems a bit low for squats and other major lifts.
>>
>>42494193
That's not "a bit low", that's "completely useless". An average skinnyfat untrained dude will almost certainly squat over 60 lbs (or 2x30 lbs if using dumbbells) on his first day.
Hence what >>42492888 and >>42493750 said, modular dumbbells that get sufficiently heavy are expensive as fuck. Either you save up and buy a set of heavy modular dumbbells (at which point you really should rather buy a bar and a rack instead), or you go to a cheap gym.

If you're truly poverty tier, look into calisthenics and /bwg/, but it's not a real replacement for lifting.
>>
>>42494909
I can get modular ones that go up to 92 lbs per DB for reasonable cheap.
>>
>>42494975
Your average skinnyfat on SS gets to 180 lbs squat in 1-2 months
>>
>>42496015
and double that?
>>
>>42496257
6 if you do it right
>>
just get a gravity bar and adjust it to your desired weight. its not fucking complicated
>>
this will be your bread and butter:
>weighted pull/chin ups
>weighted dips
if you can afford a dumbell buy a handle and seperate weights this way you could do one armed presses/rows or even weighted one legged squats with enough weight
>>
>>42496434
A what?

>>42496490
alright got it, though pull ups is gonna be hard.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.