[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /fit/ use gloves? Do you think wearing them leads to undertrained

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Does /fit/ use gloves? Do you think wearing them leads to undertrained forearms? Curiously enough I can't find any credible research whatsoever when it comes to their safety and efficacy.
>>
>>42491856
they're for pussies who are afraid of calluses, and don't really do much unless you have a poor grip strength, which you should work on improving instead of compensating for with gloves.
>>
>>42491864
Grip strength has nothing to do with the limitations of human skin strength.

At a certain weight you will be capable of lifting a weight that your skin isn't able to contend with, and then you'll tear.

If you think skin tears make you manly then I'd suggest you lose your weight belt as well, you'll be hyper masculine the more injury's you get, right?
>>
>>42491856
they probably make your grip stronger. when i was doing heavier weighted pull ups with these i had to put a lot of effort to gripping. Once I stoped suing these and started using chalk instead my grip became firmer without putting much effort in it
>>
>>42492059
>lose your weight belt as well

Weight belts leads to undertraining of the inner abs or so I heared.
>>
>>42491856
>Does /fit/ use gloves?
yeah, when it's cold, or when i'm on my bike

see >>42491864. you can use a pumice stone to file down any callouses that are likely to tear
>>
>>42492145
>Weight belts leads to undertraining of the inner abs or so I heared.
seems like a myth: "It is very unlikely that squatting and deadlift with a belt “makes your core weak” or hinders gains in torso strength." (https://www.strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/)
>>
>>42492296
>you can use a pumice stone to file down any callouses that are likely to tear

but why would i go to such lengths when i can just stop that from happening in the first place?
>>
>>42492417
i don't wear gloves in the gym because they serve essentially no purpose and because pumice stones are cheaper. (bonus reason: pretty much everyone will think you're a tit.) if you grip the bar properly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4), you almost certainly won't tear any callouses. in the event that you do generate unusually large callouses, then a couple of minutes with a pumice stone once a week will suffice to stop it from being a problem. but if you're set on wearing gloves, then wear the fucking gloves. why do you need our approval?
>>
>>42492481
I don't need your fucking approval you cunt, just pointing out that you'd rather suffer for something that adds no aesthetic benefits whatsoever just so your gymbros will accept you.
>>
>>42492508
i don't wear gloves, i don't tear callouses, and i don't actually need to use a pumice stone (though some people do). 'aesthetics' would militate in favour of not wearing gloves, so i'm not sure why you're mentioning that

go ahead and wear gloves m8. you've clearly figured out that the rest of us are plebs who mindlessly copy each other for no reason
>>
>tfw forearmlet
>tfw wristlet
>tfw griplet
can anyone speak good of these things?

just bought one today, I've just been squeezing it when my hands are idle but should I be doing specific reps with it like an actual exercise?
>>
>>42492560
if you're going to use grippers, use something like these instead (they're decent): http://www.ironmind.com/product-info/grip-strength-training-tools/captains-of-crush-grippers/

& i know it's reddit, but: https://www.reddit.com/r/GripTraining/
>>
>>42492572
thanks man
>>
>>42491856
I used to, because I am sweating like a pedo in a kindergarden, but since long time I haven't used them. However, my main motivation is not to be a masculine manly man (which is all you sissies care about - to be perceived as a man, not to actually be a man), but to show the stupid owner of my gym, that he can actually let me use magnesium powder, because from hygienic point of view I am already making barbells dirty with pieces of my skin.
>>
>>42491856
Magnesium carbonate is so much better than gloves.
>>
>>42491856
gloves are gay
>>
>>42492305
that link only talks about the rectus abdominis and the obliques

i was talking about the transverse abdominis

http://www.nosecreekphysiotherapy.com/transversus-abdominis-our-bodys-weight-lifting-belt/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.