[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I feel like I can rarely find my proper stance for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: squatting.jpg (427KB, 2536x696px) Image search: [Google]
squatting.jpg
427KB, 2536x696px
Hey /fit/, I feel like I can rarely find my proper stance for squatting. I feel like I'm always trying to adjust it, and sometimes when I do find it and have a great session I can't seem to replicate it.

I feel part of my problem is my shoes are too good.. I have the newest reebok shoes that are like $200 but they're so solid that I can't adjust my feet at all with any kind of noticeable weight on my back.

Is there any kind of hacks/tricks to find your perfect stance? Whether that's similar to the method of finding your bench width by measuring your shoulder width and plugging it into a formula, or something like "prepare to jump and use that stance" like I've seen for deadlifts etc I would really appreciate it.
>>
>>42488422
don't read too much shit don't buy all that stupid ass shit just do what feels natural and safe my dude
>>
>>42488437

i try it's just that I'm only successful in finding what seems to be best like 50% of the time.
>>
>>42488422
squat for more than a couple of months
>>
>>42488546

I've been squatting for way longer than that, and have gotten up to 315X5 when I feel good (at 170lbs)... that's going ass to grass and everything.
>>
>>42488562
hmmmmm. do you rush your warm up sets? do you dive bomb? t b h it usually takes me a while to find the grove for squats and I squat 4pl8
>>
>>42488590

I may be rushing my warm up sets..what I do is start off at 40% of 1RM for 3 reps and then go up 10%, switching to 2 reps at 70% and above until I get to my working weight. The only rest is pretty much just adding weight to the bar and then I rest for a couple of minutes after the last warmup set. I try not to dive bomb.
>>
>>42488614
yeah thats where youre going wrong. 800lb raw squatters start with the bar. you definitely should. you'll need to find the right balance of warm up reps/sets that doesnt fatigue you, but you need to do more than that. you should be in the groove before youre anywhere near working weight
>>
>>42488422
Whatever doesn't put the weight on your back and/or toes is safe.
Keep in mind there are a bunch of different squats but that's a good rule of thumb for a standard backsquat.
If you aren't sure just practice with the bar until you feel the weight in your legs and not the forentioned areas.

Just be safe and don't put yourself in the hospital.
>>
>>42488661

thanks...I'm going to do some research on warming up but any recommendations?
>>
>>42488675
I just go by feel. usually <~80kg I do sets of 2-5. as many sets as I need to find the groove. at that weight it doesnt fatigue me too much so I dont worry about doing too many sets. after that its singles/doubles up to working sets.
>>
>>42488422
>>42488675

Do unweighted (empty bar) snatches or overhead squats. I'm not even memeing here, the snatch/ohs will force you into a good squat stance.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.