[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/ I've recently started squatting and I figured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: images (4).jpg (6KB, 220x132px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
6KB, 220x132px
Hi /fit/

I've recently started squatting and I figured this would be an issue. I've got flat feet and as a result my feet kinda do pic related. They bend inwards. And so I'm feeling some stress in my ankles when working out.

Does anyone have any experience with squatting with this disorder? Can I just get ankle braces?

Cheers
>>
>>42488140
I've got them too but have no problems with my feet or knees when squatting. I've made it a habit to bend out my feet so that they don't bend in
>>
theres like stretches you can do. i have the same issue but never really did anything about it. basically try to not be flat-footed; curl your feet purposefully and try standing on your toes instead of the heel

also ankle braces are """bad""" because they keep the muscles that would support you from strengthening thus making you weaker and more reliant on the braces
>>
>>42488154
I can't really make them bend out. I guess I've got really bloody weak ankles.

>>42488163
Don't you want to be putting weight on your heel during squats? And very true, I don't want to be reliant on supports.
>>
I have a collapsed arch in my left foot, so it messes with my balance. The best I did for myself is get great insoles. Also, if you can afford it don't lift in running shoes, because they're designed to flex and roll.
>>
OP, what lifting shoes do you wear?
>>
I have flat feet too but I go to a Podiatrist every couple of years and he takes impressions of my feet and orders custom made inserts. They're hard as fuck and painful for the first couple of days but they're really good at preventing the degeneration of your ankles, knees, hips, and spine from the disorder.
He's also told me there's this new surgery that implants metal balls in your feet to essentially give you permanent arches so you don't ever have flat feet again.
>>
File: squat41.jpg (67KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
squat41.jpg
67KB, 500x337px
>See how wide he has his legs open?
Peoples hip joints went made to squat with the knees facing forward and still have a full range of motion
If you squat wide enough, I don't your feet will be a prob, but do it too narrow and it might be exasperating your problem
>>
>>42488716
Weren't***
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.