[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently got a remote job and now have the opportunity to travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2766.jpg (137KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2766.jpg
137KB, 1080x608px
Recently got a remote job and now have the opportunity to travel the world. It's something I've always wanted to do. I plan on spending 2 weeks to 2 months in a country. With about a $50k salary is it possible to maintain a gym routine and eat well enough to keep lean?

>tl;dr
Can I keep /fit/ while traveling the world?
>>
>>42483149
What do you do? Dream job brah
>>
>>42483149
>eat well
sure

>gym routine
no
>>
>>42483518
web development

Highly recommend it, takes only a few months to learn to get a job, and you can find a lot of remote ones. Can even go freelance eventually

>>42483527
:(
Looks like i'll have to pick where I stay based on the gyms around
>>
>>42483149
Stay in Thailand

>cheap luxury condos w/ gyms, pools, saunas, etc
>easy to get laid or you can pay for a hooker to do whatever you want
>steroids and other drugs can be bought over the counter
>lots of QT western backpackers traveling through and expats if you ever get tired of Thai pussy
>>
>>42483631
Fellow web dev here. Been looking for years for remote jobs to do this, but failing hard. How did you find yours?

Personally I'd follow the weather to something like sydney, california, spanish coast/islands. The occasional city trip or 1-2 weeks to thailand stuff like that.

All got plenty of good commercial gyms to keep up the gains.
>>
>>42483896
Here ya go man. All the job boards for remote jobs:
https://github.com/lukasz-madon/awesome-remote-job#job-boards

Apply to everything.
>>
>>42483941
Nice thanks! Which one worked for you?
>>
>>42483999
https://remoteok.io/ and https://weworkremotely.com/
Got offers from there. You'll find the same job posted on a lot of boards though.

You can also use angel.co. It's for startups, who are about 100x more likely to offer remote. Filter by remote, and apply.

PROTIP: if you find the job on a job site, find the actual company website and apply from there, or send an email. Don't use a template cover letter, make it personal and write why you picked them, what you like about them. Write how YOU can help them. And ask them questions, this is key.
>>
>>42484099
Cool thanks man. I knew about angel.co but keep getting interest from tiny startups who are proud they can rent office space somewhere and want to use that instead of paying honest wages lol

Those sites look better, and that github list is huge, let's see if I can get a proper life set up.
>>
>>42484099
Thanks for sharing anon. Do you think it's possible to find a remote part time job? I am going into my final year at university and would be great to get some coding experience doing programming.
>>
>>42484490

What can I do if I am over 45 yrs old, make less than $15 (US) an hour, and don't know anything about MS Office, Excel, Python, Linux, GNU, or how to fix air conditioners ?

>I can change a lightbulb and never had a speeding ticket.
>>
>>42484468
Yeah ignore the tiny startups. I worked in one of them and it was a disaster. Complete lack of respect, shit facilities, etc. My skills went down.

Companies that are remote value work-life balance and some actually list that they only care about your results, not how long you spend. Essentially you can do anything and live anywhere as long as you do your work.

>>42484490
Yeah, I've seen a lot that offer part-time.
>>
>>42483631
>>42483896
I learn programming at the moment (not web development tho) and wondered, arent you competing with people from low wage countries when you try to get into freelancing? pls respond
>>
>>42484633
Yes, if you use Upwork or other freelance sites. The strategy there is to start your first few jobs with low rates, then raise when you have a few jobs done. Then take the clients you have and make them into repeat clients. Set up your own sites and get clients from those connections.

You're not meant to stay on Upwork. Which sucks btw, they take 20% of your earnings and lock your account randomly.
>>
>>42484612
What the fuck does your post mean?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.