[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>US Military >Physical fitness test in 1 month >Start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1485399712047.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485399712047.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>US Military
>Physical fitness test in 1 month
>Start doing nothing but push ups, sit ups, and run to condition myself
>Score a 97/100
>Back to compound lifts and what not
>Hurts to squat
>Stay off squats and leg workouts for a month but sill hurts
>Military doctor gives me naproxen (motrin)
>2 weeks later still hurts despite naproxen
>physical therapy says that there's nothing wrong with me and wants me to not squat for awhile. ...what I been doing

What do you do when medicine fails?
>>
>97

Nigger are you in the air force
>>
>>42482223
Where's the pain you retard?

If you've been doing lots of sit ups you probably fucked up your lumbar spine by not bracing your core.

Get a CT scan on your lower back and rest it.

If the pain is in your hips (front), rest and gradually stretch your hip flexors. If it hurts to stretch them, then RICE it.
>>
>>42482223
you need a better physio
>>
>>42482236
Yeah
>>42482252
The pain is directly above the knee and only hurts when doin body weight or greater squats. At rest or bending, no pain.
My guess the part in question is the 'rectus femoris"
>>
>>42482223
>>US Military

>willingly signing years of your only life away
>>
File: 1499856754669.jpg (77KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
1499856754669.jpg
77KB, 640x455px
>>42482315
>living a life in the same country never experiencing the world
>mfw
>>
Don't do sit-ups man

"What about Using Sit-Ups and Planks?
Why can’t you include sit-ups and crunches along with planks for a complete workout?

Can’t they co-exist?

The truth is that research is starting to show us that sit-ups are not only less beneficial than the isometric plank; sit-ups can actually be dangerous.

According to Harvard Health Publications, sit-ups can be very hard on the spine and potentially damaging. If you have ever felt lower back pain and strain during a sit-up, you know this already.

A sit-up pushes the curved spine against the floor, and as mentioned earlier, employs the hip flexor muscles. (These are the muscles that run from the thighs to the lumbar spine in the lower back.)

When the hip flexor muscles are too strong or too tight, they can ‘tug’ on the lower spine, which can create low back discomfort.

With a sit-up, and to a lesser extent crunches, the position and movement of the body works against the natural curvature of the spine, and therefore can lead to low back discomfort, pain, and even injury.

One study actually found that 56 percent of all soldiers’ injuries relating to the “old fitness test” administered by the Army, were directly due to sit-ups."
>>
>>42482306
You're not activating your vastus medialis properly.

Do bodyweight or lighweight squats with a narrow stance (hip width).

More importantly, do extension holds. Leg extensions, focus on squeezing the quad as hard as you can. Straight as an arrow hold for as long as you can. Oh, and rotate your leg so that your toes point 30deg outside.
>>
>>42482306
Hurts above the patella, on the quadriceps tendon? It's sounds like a basic tendonitis, squats are the best rehab for that, but you must do the eccentric part really slow, almost in slow motion, and you must have the pelvis in control throughout the squat. Start with bodyweight, or only the barbell for these rehab squats, and sets of 20-25 are ideal. I'm surprised your physical therapist didn't tell you this if it is a basic quadriceps tendonitis.
>>
>>42482325
I think he means that he's muslim and you should have joined a STEM field in his european micro state.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.