[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just found out I have hip dysplasia, and a labral tear in that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: hip.jpg (33KB, 470x281px) Image search: [Google]
hip.jpg
33KB, 470x281px
Just found out I have hip dysplasia, and a labral tear in that same hip. This means i pretty much need surgery for sure, and the recovery will be a long drawn out process. It's 2 surgeries generally, and ill have to have someome help me shower, shit and wipe my ass. This seems to be a super rough time in my life and I am debating if i should go through with it or not. What do you guys think? Ill have to stop university, lose my scholarships and get super behind. But waiting on the surgery could cause me to have a higher % chance at having a total hip replacement. I'm 23 btw.
>>
>>42471697
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH feels good to NOT be you
>>
>>42471747
ikr
>>
>>42471747
:/
>>
>>42471697
damn, bro. losing your scholarships is the roughest aspect since you'll also be incurring some medical debt (presumably, idk). contact whoever is in charge of your scholarship and discuss it with them. also, universities typically allow students to take time off for medical issues and keep your spot open for you when you return.
>>
>>42472249
Appreciate it but it might not be offered soon, the program im in wont be around much longer. Just a totally sad situation. Plus how can i be a burden on someone like my mom and have her shower me, wipe my ass and bring me a bed pan and stuff. Not to mention the cost of all this shit holy fuck.
>>
>>42471697
Hip dysplasia is for dogs.

How is a dog typing? Woof woof
>>
>>42472332
I think you should look into it a little more man.
>>
>>42471697
How far through your uni program are you? Can't you just see it through to the end and in the meantime avoid walking/running?
>>
>>42472410
Well the only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm walking, sitting is pretty painful. And the problem is, I commute to school and hour there and back so as you can imagine the pain makes that worse than it already was
>>
Get a cortisone shot
>>
>>42472539
But realistically how much more damage can you do in the 2-3 years(?) you are studying if you avoid strenuous activity?

There is a solution mate, you've just got to think about it.
>>
>>42471697
If it's really such a big deal why not use a foldable wheelchair or some sort of crutch. Always act like like you can't put weight on the hip (or maybe don't rotate it; idk what causes further damage).

Just tell people you have a bad hip for the time being. It'll suck, but get you through school so you can get the surgery in post. Just consult your doctor about how best to negate the damage over the upcoming couple years
>>
>>42471697
are you a german shepherd? wtf

how much longer do you have in school? Also they may have medical exemptions, you should check all of that. Honestly it's not an easy choice but it's simple one you have a clear grasp of the pros and cons.

>>42472332
I know, right?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.