[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true the ideal time to go to the gym and work out is early

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: benefits-of-morning-exercise.png (347KB, 1000x513px) Image search: [Google]
benefits-of-morning-exercise.png
347KB, 1000x513px
Is it true the ideal time to go to the gym and work out is early in the morning? There have been studies showing that it makes people more energized throughout the day.
It makes it hard for me to go to the gym though. I just can't consistently wake up at 5:30or 6am to go.Perhaps I'm just being lazy and bad at time management
What does /fit/ think and when do you go to the gym?
>>
>>42460765
>There have been studies showing that it makes people more energized throughout the day.
Such as...
>>
>>42460770
A friend of mine in uni recently did one but here are others:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22531613
That one is a review article going over Multiple studies that were done
There is also the idea that it helps one sleep better at night as opposed to rousing yourself in the afternoon or night from exercise.
http://www.news.appstate.edu/2011/06/13/early-morning-exercise/
On the subject of arousal, you are more energetic for your daily activities such as work or school it there rousing you get from morning exercise (also followed by a shower) since it keeps hormone levels up from the morning to late afternoon.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20560706
>>
>>42460926
Did you even read that first one you posted?
>>
>>42460765

The science suggests, at least in terms of strength, you perform best in the mid-late afternoon.

But, speaking from experience, working out in the morning does indeed make you feel more energetic through the day.

But I stopped morning workouts mainly because I have to spend a long time warming up my joints if I want to bench, squat or do any muscle-ups or similar explosive movements. Otherwise I end up with elbow pains.
>>
>>42460765
Well yeah.

Morning workouts don't have to be the only workout you do in the day.

It can just be a simple calisthenics stretching and short jog/jumping jacks kind of thing.

A good simple focused but not tiring 10-20 minute morning workout to start the day is ideal for everyone.
>>
I've been wondering this from a testosterone point of view. You have more T in the morning, so would working out help to elevate your T even higher, upping your threshold? Or would it be better to workout in the early evening when your T level is tapering off, so that you spike it at the end of the day in order to extend the time?
>>
>>42461138

The fluctuations in natural test levels are not worth factoring into your daily life at all.
>>
>>42461160
How about if I'm pinning? Best time to shoot up?
>>
>>42460765
>There have been studies showing that it makes people more energized throughout the day.
From my experience this is true. Also in the morning is the only time of the day where the gym isn't crowded as fuck.

>I just can't consistently wake up at 5:30or 6am to go
Start going to bed earlier every day.

>
>>
>>42461017
Yes I did. It is a review article. It has some contradicting evidence obviously since it looks over Multiple studies. That's why I'm making this thread.
>>
>>42460765
I used to work at a bakery before current job so it's easy for me now to get up early. Just buy blackout curtains, force yourself to go to bed early and force yourself to get up earlier. Eventually it becomes more natural.

There's other little shit that can help. Like only drink coffee in your first hours of being awake and a sleep aid tea before bed. I do that shit, just around 7 pm I'm making my iced protien-coffee for the morning and at the same time brewing some supposed sleep-help tea. Idk if it actually does anything but it's a part of my habit. I also use the flux app on my phone and computer to keep that damn blue light from fucking up my eyes and it's helped some.

But otherwise it's really just grits man. Getting up kinda sucks no matter the hour so it's gonna suck equally at 5am or 6am but after those first ten minutes you're ok.
>>
>>42461605
Yeah I need to work on my time management. I end up finishing everything and going to bed at like 1am or 2 am.
>>
I lift during my lunch break and run after work.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.