[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In medieval Japan, this tradition developed a process for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>In medieval Japan, this tradition developed a process for Sokushinbutsu, which a monk completed over about 3,000 days to ten years.[4] It involved a strict diet called mokujikigyo (literally, "eating a tree").[6][5] The diet abstained from any cereals, and relied on pine needles, resins and seeds found in the mountains, which would eliminate all fat in the body.[6][7] Increasing rates of fasting and meditation would lead to starvation. The monks would slowly reduce then stop liquid intake, thus dehydrating the body and shrinking all organs.[6] The monks would die in a state of jhana (meditation) while chanting the nenbutsu (a mantra about Buddha), and their body would become naturally preserved as a mummy with skin and teeth intact without decay and without the need of any artificial preservatives.[6][7] Many Buddhist Sokushinbutsu mummies have been found in northern Japan and estimated to be centuries old, while texts suggest that hundreds of these cases are buried in the stupas and mountains of Japan.[5] These mummies have been revered and venerated by the laypeople of Buddhism.[5]
>The diet abstained from any cereals, and relied on pine needles, resins and seeds found in the mountains, which would eliminate all fat in the body.[6][7]
>which would eliminate all fat in the body.
Redbull me on these "pine needles, resins, and seeds" or are these just ancient DNP?
>>
Why must the Japanse always be so fucking weird.
>>
how did they have wayfarers in medieval japan OP?

checkmate, retard
>>
>>42450213
they don't "eliminate" the fat.
they are pretty much eating nothing so their body uses up what little fat they have.

it's just anorexia but they eat fucking trees for no reason.
>>
>>42450239
Spend enough time in isolation on an island and weird shit starts happening.
>>
>>42450213
The guys that properly mummified have a lot of poisonus deposit in their bodies. Something from their water source, I can't remember what.
Anyway, it's not DNP, it's a slow starvation and pickling your insides in pine oils and who knows what else to kill bacteria.
>>
>>42450298
This. Look at the Monthy Python
>>
>>42450213
>Lose beachhead to enemy troops
Kys instead of fight on
>Have perfectly good plan with veteran pilot
Invent the Kamikaze attack
>All roofs need a fence to prevent jumping and have special laws that allow the state to charge your survivors for cleaning and lost time if you jump in front of a train
Most of them are one bad day away from this

Then they go and invent the ten year long and hero and venerate them
>>
>>42450366
>Britain
>isolated
Anon, I...
>>
>>42450213
its quickly to just an hero
>>
>>42450298
>isolation
>thread is about buddhist monks
hmhm....
>>
I know pine needles have lots of vitamin C, and pine nuts are also pretty nutritious, but they are basically just giving themselves just enough to stay alive while starving themselves. I don't think any of those things will help "burn" fat.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.