[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've decided I wanted to get /fit/... I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: question-mark-red.png (36KB, 1000x1672px) Image search: [Google]
question-mark-red.png
36KB, 1000x1672px
So I've decided I wanted to get /fit/... I've never been out of shape, but I've never been fit. Stereotypical gamer body (the lanky one, not the fat one).
Anyway, I had a couple of questions and I was hoping you could help me out
1) How do you push through the "I can't do it"? I know I'm stronger than I feel, but I struggle getting past the "this hurts too much" I'll go up for my next pull up, get stuck before my chin passes the bar, and I'll drop. Then I'll end up going home (after I do my other shit mind you), and not feeling nearly as sore as I know I should (or could) be.
2) How do you eliminate the down time between sets? I'll do a max set of pull ups, wait 5 seconds, and then feel like I need to do my next set, which only ever amounts to two after resting that shortly. I know I need to give myself a longer break between sets, but I feel like people stare at me thinking "why is that guy just standing there?" and so I feel awkwardly obligated to do my next set too soon.
3) What is the most cost efficient way to get protein? I'm not hurting for money by any means, but I would also like to keep it that way, and so I'm not super keen on buying SUPER XD PROTEIN POWDER MAX XXXXXL 450 for $90. While I am serious about getting fit, I don't exactly have plans at the moment to be entering strong man competitions, I'm looking for a good body, not a "holy fuck, that guy must piss steak" body.
>>
>>42445595
Read the sticky
>>
>>42445598
I did, I guess my third question covers the diet portion, but my other two are mainly asking personal advice.
>>
>>42445595
>wait 5 seconds

Nigger most people wait like 90 seconds between sets

Also you problems with point 1 will dissipate once you stoo being fucking retarded and start resting between sets.

READ

THE

>>
>>42445595
1) Sometimes I don't desu. I'll do what feels right on a given day. If I'm working hard and my muscles are sore, progress is being mad. That being said it's completely different if you're training for strength, which in that case I always just did it. I knew I'd hate myself if I couldn't push myself to do just a little more and that motivated me.
2) Man I feel you here. Usually what I'd do is look at the clock, walk around a bit, do a side step, obvious waiting kind of shit. Now I have a home gym and I still hate the wait but only because I'm eager to get to the next set.
3) I do eat 2 protein bars a day but they won't break the bank. I eat ZonePerfect bars, 15g protein each and a box is just under $5, so I end up spending roughly $40 a month on em. They taste great and aren't too filling either. I recommend the chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon roll flavors. Otherwise, it's your usual stuff...pasta, milk, shakes etc
>>
>>42445622
>progress is being mad
*made, fuck me
>>
>>42445595
>How do I not pussy out?
Pull ups are bastards if you're out of shape. It will come, squats in particular help you fight that weak feeling.
>Eliminate down time
Are you training with pullups only? Because in general you want that down time, once the weight gets heavy enough. Failing a set because you didn't wait that extra minute sucks.
Drink some water, zone out, listen to music, or do some light curls or side raises and call it a 'superset' while you wait.
If the weight is heavy enough, you WILL zone out tho.
>Efficient ways to get protein
First things first, the obvious: you don't need much protein, 1.65g/kg per day is quite probably the max you'll ever need, more just gets converted to energy (you could eat cheaper carbs instead). Then, let's talk creatine - you'll never eat the suggested 5g/day, if you're going to buy some powder buy THAT first. Since I'm mentioning the small things that make an impact: oily fish. Eat some everyday, if possible. A small tin of mackarel is 1 buck, come on. It's more important than protein powders.
Now, for cheap protein the cheapest is gluten (75 to 80% protein by weight, costs like 6€/kg), but it's incomplete protein. It lack Lysine, suggested dose 30mg/kg per day, get it from something else (cheap option: lentils).
>>
>>42445695
I was trying to do an all around arm exercise outside of the gym (worked late today), pullups, push ups, and what not.
That was just an example from today, but I've had that problem the other days too.
>>
>>42445734
Are you also exercising with freeweights, or at least plan to once you've got your diet dialed down and are in a slightly better condition?
>>
>>42445792
I've been mainly using free weights when I'm not doing abs or cardio.
>>
>>42445595
I have some unusual advice for you.

I go on /fringe/ on 8ch, and I use esoteric techniques to boost my game. Been cultivating Fire for a week and a half now; I'm getting weird symptoms of a shit ton of Fire element in the body. I got a rash just from going in the sun for a few minutes, that disappeared when I went back inside. Just fuckin' houdini'd.

As well, I suddenly have motivation and confidence. Nothing crazy, it's just been a week, and trying to rush results is a one way ticket to the pain train.

And my creativity and spontaneity has increase. All of a sudden I can play the guitar kinda. I didn't know how to before, it sounded terrible, but now I can sort sound alright, out of nowhere.

To top it all off, my main point, is that I finally have the will and PASSION to exercise every day. I can feel the increased testosterone to boot, as I feel stronger, more aggressive and more physically vital. And I'm more of a raging asshole. All is well.

All of these things are associated with Fire, and just by
1. "Blessing" (intending) my food, drink and breath with Fire for at least 5 minutes before ingestion, every day, and then consciously taking it in. (Breathing one is a meditation)
2. Doing something similar for my entire body all day every day. (just trying to become fiery, filled with fire, expressing fire, exerting fire; every movement more fiery; trying to magically intend Fire)
3. And trying to have a Fire personality and way of thinking (a Fire type person to the extreme)...
is how I've been getting these results.

Add more fire to your workouts with cardio, endurance, body weight, slow rep (minute long reps), isometrics, maximal contraction, and high volume training. And COMBAT. Shadow kickbox and shit faggot.

After a month focus on steel/metal (meddle).

After another month focus on oak/wood.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.