[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point in doing shoulder press if you get enough front

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0250.jpg (89KB, 640x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0250.jpg
89KB, 640x337px
What is the point in doing shoulder press if you get enough front delt activation from dumbbell press?
>>
strength vs hypertrophy do both faggot
>>
>>42438219

because you're not pressing behind the neck apparently. klokov does it, pudzenowski did it.

also, shoulders lift things, not just push things. you need to give strength all around joint.
>>
>>42438227
That's why I'm asking.
>>
both are shoulder presses, anon.
one is barbell shoulder press, the other one is dumbbell shoulder press.
they're essentially the same exercise using different equipment.
you should do both, as one of them will train various stabilizers more - while the other one will allow your muscles to focus power on the upward movement.
it's not a matter of strength vs hypertrophy, as they are both interconnected and the movement is very much the same in both instances.
you will get both provided you train and eat accordingly.
>>
>>42438260
>pic unrelated
I was talking about the reason to shoulder press if you already do incline for hypertrophy?
>>
>>42438280
so you're just asking about the angle? same equipment, et c?
>>
>>42438590
I think he's talking about incline press vs ohp.

In which case incline is supposed to hit the top of the pecs using a slight incline. The exercise is not meant to work the shoulders.
>>
>>42438219
plenty of hypertrophy oriented programs exclude vertical pressing or treat it as secondary to horizontal pressing

your compound chest/tricep movements already involve the front delts quite heavily, and vertical pressing movements are mostly front delt anyway (with a little side delt involvement that increases with elbow flare)

you could get away entirely with flat and incline benching and then isolation for side delts and rear delts if your only goal is size and you don't care about vertical pressing strength
>>
Whats the point of doing either when you could be doing clean & jerks?
>>
>>42438238
breaking news: you're not klokov and you're not turning into klokov if you do BTN - an absolutely unneeded and ineluctably damaging exercise for your rotator cuffs and supraspinatus (klokov uses a very wide press and all kind of drugs)(inb4 he's natty)
don't even think about BTN if you're not OHPing 1.5 pl8s for reps and you have excellent shoulder mobility and you're taking drugs and you're sleeping well and your diet is perfect

>>42438219
different exercises elicit different stimuli even if they target the same muscles. an incline bench will anyway target mainly the "upper pecs" (clavicular head of the pec maj) while in OHP this muscle group is used only in the first portion of the lift (and assuming you're not doing a push press)
>>
>>42438219
Just do both pussy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.